METROID Prime Remastered reviews - 95 Meta

I always found MP to be very overrated, the lock-on combat just isn't good or particularly fun.

I haven't played it in decades though and I feel like my opinion could easily change. 

47 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I always found MP to be very overrated, the lock-on combat just isn't good or particularly fun.

I haven't played it in decades though and I feel like my opinion could easily change. 

The modern controls in the remaster are better. 

To be fair, I think its the video game industry's fault why Metroid Prime still deserves such high scores. Nobody ever bothered to push the first-person genre.

These stupid ass "horror" games in which they could only afford to design one monster walking towards you in the dark. Hell, the genre actually regressed.

11 hours ago, jehurey said:

To be fair, I think its the video game industry's fault why Metroid Prime still deserves such high scores. Nobody ever bothered to push the first-person genre.

These stupid ass "horror" games in which they could only afford to design one monster walking towards you in the dark. Hell, the genre actually regressed.

There is a ton of first person content.

The thing is most of them are brain dead shooters.

The last time we had a great fps with physics was HL2 and the last good fpa game was the original Mirror Edge.

18 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's a game where combat is very much secondary but I can see how the first person view would drive those expectations.

14 minutes ago, Casual said:

It's a game where combat is very much secondary but I can see how the first person view would drive those expectations.

I don't disagree with that, doesn't make the combat itself any better though. Super Metroid has fun combat and still retain interesting level design if you want to make a comparison. One great aspect shouldn't automatically make the other totally irrelevant. Less impactful on the overall game, sure but that's about it.

Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty sure I would have a different take on the game if I were to play it now.