UK Government sides with CMA - Introduces new bill to strengthen CMA’s powers to shutdown more big tech acquisitions (TLHBFR!!!)

:kaz: Looks like Brad Smith and Bobby Kotick’s temper tantrums after the deal was blocked by the CMA are having the opposite effect of what MS wants.

Rather than draw the UK government into siding with MS in the ABK deal block, it’s actually making them side with the CMA even more. They are now introducing new bills to give the CMA more powers to quickly overturn future tech acquisitions faster. 

What did the retards at MS actually think they were going to accomplish with those meltdowns? They started threatening the CMA and an entire country with pulling out of contracts pertaining to cybersecurity. The higher-ups at MS are just as delusional and retarded as the fanboys that follow them :mj:

FuwvWrEXsAM4_X3.jpg.9c9cef88e0698378cc6f28ecb8e068a4.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This will no doubt handicap any further fairly big acquisitions in the future for Microsoft and probably even Sony. :reg:

Either way, TLHBFR. :juggle:

Big win for gamers. I don’t want consolidation from any big companies and that includes Sony. This a good result for gamers :smoke:

• Upvote 2
  • FIREPOWER changed the title to UK Government sides with CMA - Introduces new bill to strengthen CMA’s powers to shutdown more big tech acquisitions (TLHBFR!!!)

Microsoft just fucked itself with any other company they try to buy.

They are fucking themselves with ANY OTHER business acquisition that they attempt, for ANY of their product lines.

Wow.

The UK started seeing Microsoft talk shit these past few days, and responded by giving the CMA more bullets for their gun.

I can only imagine the European countries are also going to start doing similar measures.

There are other corporations who are probably pissed at MS right now, because they future strategies involving mergers and acquisitions have now become harder.

• Thanks 1

When you think your so big you can force a G7 nation to bend to your will :tom:

Even IF Microsoft had a valid point (and they don't), you really think after they ran their mouths, any government would then throw their own regulator under the bus at the behest of a multi-trillion dollar corporation? How the fuck would that look? Like they undermined their own institutions and caved in to protect big tech. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

Honestly I think this is a landmark moment. Big tech has been under the watchful eyes of regulators and governments for years for being too big, I think Microsoft have now caused a tipping point and governments are going to be much tougher with them from here on out.

You could have just done the "we find the decision disappointing and will seek to appeal" pr line that every other company uses, but no, the dude legit went all out on Twitter running his mouth. I can't imagine Brad Smith will last much longer at Microsoft.

• Geese 1
6 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Big win for gamers. I don’t want consolidation from any big companies and that includes Sony. This a good result for gamers :smoke:

Reality though is that Sony doesn't need to make these huge acquisitions in the first place. Sony is capable and have already established studios that can perform beyond said acquisitions sales wise and monetarily. Microsoft is just a bunch of goons who think they know how the gaming industry works. :drake:  Microsoft has always and will always fail in this sector of business.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Even IF Microsoft had a valid point (and they don't), you really think after they ran their mouths, any government would then throw their own regulator under the bus at the behest of a multi-trillion dollar corporation? How the fuck would that look? Like they undermined their own institutions and caved in to protect big tech. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

Honestly I think this is a landmark moment. Big tech has been under the watchful eyes of regulators and governments for years for being too big, I think Microsoft have now caused a tipping point and governments are going to be much tougher with them from here on out.

You could have just done the "we find the decision disappointing and will seek to appeal" pr line that every other company uses, but no, the dude legit went all out on Twitter running his mouth. I can't imagine Brad Smith will last much longer at Microsoft.

I'd love to see Microsoft and their fucked up OS fail. Welcome to Linux. 😎 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'd love to see Microsoft and their fucked up OS fail. Welcome to Linux. 😎 

Desktop operating systems with an advertising ID and storefront full of spyware :rofls:That shit wants to be Android so bad, just like how MS wanted xbox to be Wii when it was selling lile hotcakes, and how they wanted to be PS2 before that. This company just imitates whatever is leading albeit with an inferior product. Hilarious seeing them hype multiple desktops/workspaces for W11 as if that hadnt been around for years elsewhere.

Based Valve finally getting us out of the windows monopoly and making PC gaming truly open :blessed:

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1

:mj: The hilarious part of all this is how MS shot their good guy act to pieces once the deal was blocked.

Prior to this they were acting all Kumbaya and nice. Talking about how this deal was about bringing more games to more gamers and how they were really the good guys. Lemshits on Resetera and everywhere were talking about how MS buying ABK was really going to help Activision employees who were being tortured and abused under Bobby Kotick.

Once the deal flopped, MS went full nuclear and exposed who they really were. Started threatening the UK and all those lemshits on Resetera and Twitter who cared about Activision employees started suddenly saying MS should pull out of the UK and contracts in the UK without caring about the jobs it would affect.

:cruise: I’ve never seen so much hypocrisy from a company or a fanbase before in all my 3 decades of gaming. Absolutely hilarious, I’m so happy they are getting fucked now.

Fq9yJpLX0AA7BnZ.thumb.jpg.fdb4fb5c0bf16c09ae7532039f299587.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 3:19 AM, jehurey said:

Microsoft just fucked itself with any other company they try to buy.

They are fucking themselves with ANY OTHER business acquisition that they attempt, for ANY of their product lines.

Wow.

The UK started seeing Microsoft talk shit these past few days, and responded by giving the CMA more bullets for their gun.

I can only imagine the European countries are also going to start doing similar measures.

There are other corporations who are probably pissed at MS right now, because they future strategies involving mergers and acquisitions have now become harder.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:08 AM, TLHBO said:

On 4/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: The hilarious part of all this is how MS shot their good guy act to pieces once the deal was blocked.

Prior to this they were acting all Kumbaya and nice. Talking about how this deal was about bringing more games to more gamers and how they were really the good guys. Lemshits on Resetera and everywhere were talking about how MS buying ABK was really going to help Activision employees who were being tortured and abused under Bobby Kotick.

Once the deal flopped, MS went full nuclear and exposed who they really were. Started threatening the UK and all those lemshits on Resetera and Twitter who cared about Activision employees started suddenly saying MS should pull out of the UK and contracts in the UK without caring about the jobs it would affect.

:cruise: I’ve never seen so much hypocrisy from a company or a fanbase before in all my 3 decades of gaming. Absolutely hilarious, I’m so happy they are getting fucked now.

Fq9yJpLX0AA7BnZ.thumb.jpg.fdb4fb5c0bf16c09ae7532039f299587.jpg

On 5/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, FIREPOWER said:

Fuo4AopWYAAhsN7.thumb.jpeg.4c921bb58fc8b2920541f2d13a633c19.jpeg

:arnold2: