TOTK out in the wild (spoilers)

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wait this game is $70? Nintendo is greedy as fuck.

Eh, they are just moving with the times (but not on a hardware level lol). $70 for a long ass game is fine. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

timed PC exclusive.

I've never been so excited to buy a game day 1 and shit on it. Let's fucking goooo.

Yup, A very miniscule portion of the map was demoed.    The over world has three huge layers with ... Sky, Land and.. Spoiler   And @-GD-X  the leakers and data miners have confirm

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Eh, they are just moving with the times (but not on a hardware level lol). $70 for a long ass game is fine. 

If you look at a game like Jedi Survivor then you can see why thats a case where $70 is warranted. TOTK's basic PS3 era graphics and assets should not be worth that much.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

If you look at a game like Jedi Survivor then you can see why thats a case where $70 is warranted. TOTK's basic PS3 era graphics and assets should not be worth that much.

I think it comes down to enjoyment. I think we all have our own ways of extracting a game’s worth. 

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

there's never been any correlation between quality and price, certainly not graphical assets and price. totk will justify $70 far more than most games.

Anyway, played for a few hours. game feels great. The new abilities are AWESOME. Ultrahand and Fuse open up so many possibilities for traversal. Even just on the tutorial island, im building some pretty awesome shit and just getting around feels like I'm constantly solving little mini puzzles. I probably won't spend too much time with it before release....still feels a little unstable on the emulator.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

LOL

No wonder devs keep releasing broken games, you guys just gobble it up. 

23 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I think it comes down to enjoyment. I think we all have our own ways of extracting a game’s worth. 

Sure but part of the the reason games on current gen are getting more expensive is because you need a lot more artists and animators to create all the detailed, living worlds we're seeing. In that context I just don't see how Nintendo thinks $70 for TOTK is justified, even if it does offer a lot of content.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Sure but part of the the reason games on current gen are getting more expensive is because you need a lot more artists and animators to create all the detailed, living worlds we're seeing. In that context I just don't see how Nintendo thinks $70 for TOTK is justified, even if it does offer a lot of content.

That’s just the excuse they’re giving. The reality is they’re charging $70 cause they can. Or at least they think so. 

if games costs were actually tied to that sort of stuff they wouldn’t all cost the same amount of money (AAA ones at least). The cost of developing varies so much game to game. TOTK was in development for 6 years, even without those assets, it probably cost more than plenty of games charging $70. 

Twinblade is right on this. HiFi Rush is like 2 gens ahead of Zelda but still a clear budget title compared to God of War or Final Fantasy 16.  It launched for $40 which is another reason it has good sentiment around it. I'd also say the original content in Returnal was a little sparse for $70.

Game's that clearly have tons of content, and in the case of Zelda, very high quality, and highly curated and hand-designed content.........are easily worth their money.

Why would I walk in on launch day and pay the full $60 for Skyrim back in 2011? And not even bother looking for deals?

Because I know that Bethesda RPGs will have assloads of quests to justify its price. Tons of dialogue and characters. Everything else about the game, the graphics, the animation, the textures, aren't remotely special at all.

Traversing the map in Zelda, and all the enemies, and well-placed secrets, that's the stuff that makes the game worth its price.

This isn't a new thing with Zelda. Back on the SNES, did you think A Link to the Past had the best textures and sprites compared to other 16-bit games?

Man, this game is just BOTW fully realized.

-Bigger, more intricately designed world. Large interwoven caves connecting different areas, smarter verticality, more variety

-New abilities are fantastic and perfectly compliment and expand on what already existed

-Chemistry stuff is as good as ever with expanded set of items and complimented by ultrahand/fuse

-More variety

-Recipes

So glad they spent as much time as they did expanding on that formula.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Casual said:

Man, this game is just BOTW fully realized.

-Bigger, more intricately designed world. Large interwoven caves connecting different areas, smarter verticality, more variety

-New abilities are fantastic and perfectly compliment and expand on what already existed

-Chemistry stuff is as good as ever with expanded set of items and complimented by ultrahand/fuse

-More variety

-Recipes

So glad they spent as much time as they did expanding on that formula.

It seems like they addressed a lot of my issues with BOTW. 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It seems like they addressed a lot of my issues with BOTW. 

I think you should definitely check it out but I will say it still has a lot of roots in that game, obviously. I forget what your exact issues with the game are, but I'm not sure it will completely change your mind.

Just now, Casual said:

I think you should definitely check it out but I will say it still has a lot of roots in that game, obviously. I forget what your exact issues with the game are, but I'm not sure it will completely change your mind.

Too many bare areas (so lack of density), piss ass easy and repetitive puzzles in the shrines, easy combat and lack of dungeons. It just felt incomplete. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

Too many bare areas (so lack of density), piss ass easy and repetitive puzzles in the shrines, easy combat and lack of dungeons. It just felt incomplete. 

Hmm, yeah I think you'll dig it then. Density is 100% there and variety. I haven't done enough shrines yet, but I feel like the new abilities will lend htemselves to solving that problem.

Combat, I don't think you'll change your opinion on. Still easy, but super fun using new combinations with fuse and that.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Hmm, yeah I think you'll dig it then. Density is 100% there and variety. I haven't done enough shrines yet, but I feel like the new abilities will lend htemselves to solving that problem.

Combat, I don't think you'll change your opinion on. Still easy, but super fun using new combinations with fuse and that.

I don’t mind easy combat as long as I’m having fun with it. The other issues were way bigger to me. I can see some pretty great puzzle opportunities here. 

On 2023-05-01 at 9:00 PM, Twinblade said:

The dungeons will likely be similar to the ones in BOTW. There has been no evidence to suggest they would be going back to the dungeon design of the older games.

No Evidence of dungeons he says. 

• dead 1
14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Exclusively first (and best) on PC :rofls:

Sheep forever owned :glad:

LOL another lemming jumps ship

Even ones who are pretending to boast about their third world computers.

He's probably using a Gateway.:hest: