Playstation Showcase rumor and discussion thread. What would YOU like to see?

This is the big show.. the one where Sony shows off a lot of what their teams have been cooking for the past ~3-4 years.  Everyone is essentially expecting a complete banger of a show, so what do you guys think/hope they'll show?

Obvious ones:

Spidey 2

TLOU Factions 2

MGS3

MK1

Death Stranding 2

Short FF16 trailer

Silent Hill 2

Stellar Blade

Possibilities:

GTA6

Bloodborne Remake or Sequel 

Ghost of Tsushima 2

Half-Life: Alyx

Astro-bot Adventure

FF7 Rebirth trailer

Rumored:

Cory Barlog's new IP

Because eventually there will be a Season 2 of TLOU, I think they will unveil a TLOU2 Remake/Upgrade + Factions.

Since they are saying that the TV show might take TLOU2 and make it two seasons, they don't really need TLOU3 to be ready  until like closer to 2027. I think maybe they just show a logo for TLOU3, but I don't think they need to.

I'd almost say that its time to make another Uncharted spinoff. Maybe a Sam prequel, or maybe even Drake's daughter and her first adventure.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Because eventually there will be a Season 2 of TLOU, I think they will unveil a TLOU2 Remake/Upgrade + Factions.

Since they are saying that the TV show might take TLOU2 and make it two seasons, they don't really need TLOU3 to be ready  until like closer to 2027. I think maybe they just show a logo for TLOU3, but I don't think they need to.

I'd almost say that its time to make another Uncharted spinoff. Maybe a Sam prequel, or maybe even Drake's daughter and her first adventure.

Or a new ND IP. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Or a new ND IP. 

Yea, I'd like to see something new personally.. but I think Jehurey's right and there could be an announcement of TLOU2 upgrade/Remake, in conjunction with the new Factions stand alone game.  I think that's enough "TLOU".. until they get the second and 3rd TV seasons out of the way covering TLOU P2.

Basically, Factions + TLOU2 Update, alongside a new IP.  Then TLOU P3 after all that.

I just wanna see Spiderman 2 and whatever Cory Barlog is working on. Anything else would be a bonus really. I don’t go into these showcases with too many expectations. I like to be pleasantly surprised by things I didn’t expect to see and I usually am.

Edited by FIREPOWER
8 hours ago, Ramza said:

I don't care for Sony first party much these days but a new Wipeout game for PS5/PSVR2 would be absolute banger.

Oh I need this badly. This or at least a PSVR2 port of the excellent PSVR1 Wipeout collection. That game was one of the best games on PSVR1, the fact we don’t have a PSVR2 port right now is a travesty.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea, I'd like to see something new personally.. but I think Jehurey's right and there could be an announcement of TLOU2 upgrade/Remake, in conjunction with the new Factions stand alone game.  I think that's enough "TLOU".. until they get the second and 3rd TV seasons out of the way covering TLOU P2.

Basically, Factions + TLOU2 Update, alongside a new IP.  Then TLOU P3 after all that.

Yea, I wanna see a new IP from ND as well. TLOU is great but we are getting to the saturation point. I need to see what else they are working on.

So it appears that MK1 will be at Summer Game Fest and not Sony's showcase.  Better this way.. leaves more room for other new things we don't already know about.

Edited by Remij