Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa says they plan to make a smooth transition from Switch to their next generation console via Nintendo Account

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Pretty sure Nintendo had console BC and handheld BC waaaay before Sony :umad:

Playstation 2 had backwards compatibility in 2001. Wii was the first Nintendo console with it, the same generation but many years late.

Edited by sugarhigh
22 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Playstation 2 had backwards compatibility in 2001. Wii was the first Nintendo console with it, the same generation but many years late.

SNES had BC and could play all the GB and GBC games via super Gameboy in 1994. :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
42 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

SNES had BC and could play all the GB and GBC games via super Gameboy in 1994. :umad:

OK, so the SNES was not backwards compatible. You had to buy a Gameboy on a cartridge. Also Gameboy isn't a console.

• Upvote 1

I remember i played some gameboy stuff on snes with that said adapter, I'm not sure what actually ran the games though? Not sure if you can call that BC

31 minutes ago, kaz said:

I remember i played some gameboy stuff on snes with that said adapter, I'm not sure what actually ran the games though? Not sure if you can call that BC

It's BC through an add on.  As you are playing an older system's games on your new console. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You were charged to upgrade the game. 

You could play your entire collection for free without an upgrade. 

Fuck outta here with that shit :tom: We're talking fucking snes roms ffs, you paid or you had to boot your console into Wii mode to play the games and dig out the controllers. It was intentionally done to make it awkward for people unpess they paid.

You know what go choke on a dick :cruise:I have no interest in listening to a shill defend anti-consumer behaviour from a multi-billion dollar corporation, there's enough of that with thr ABK merger at the moment.

27 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Fuck outta here with that shit :tom: We're talking fucking snes roms ffs, you paid or you had to boot your console into Wii mode to play the games and dig out the controllers. It was intentionally done to make it awkward for people unpess they paid.

You know what go choke on a dick :cruise:I have no interest in listening to a shill defend anti-consumer behaviour from a multi-billion dollar corporation, there's enough of that with thr ABK merger at the moment.

You had the option to play it for free.... Not my fault reality doesn't fit your narrative :umad:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You had the option to play it for free.... Not my fault reality doesn't fit your narrative :umad:

That they charged people to transfer games instead whereas Sony/MS transfer them for free? Yeah that still holds true :umad:

5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

That they charged people to transfer games instead whereas Sony/MS transfer them for free? Yeah that still holds true :umad:

No you weren't charged to transfer games. 

You had an option to upgrade to the Wiiu version of the game for one dollar. 

I played my full Wii library on Wiiu without paying a cent..... I know you hate it when reality doesn't line up with your narrative :umad:

Edited by Goukosan