Development kits for Nintendo’s next console are now with key partner studios, with launch planned for next year, sources have told VGC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going to be the death nail to the Steam shit and other similar PC shit tablets 

Two sources VGC spoke to suggested that the console could launch with an LCD screen, instead of the more premium OLED, in order to bring down costs, especially considering the increased storage needed

You could say that about any console....   The Deck's library is the only library that is essentially guaranteed to be playable on whatever new PC device you have decades from now  

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

It's going to be the death nail to the Steam shit and other similar PC shit tablets 

I love to see Sheep expose themselves like this. Openly hoping for so much and getting so little back, and then pretending you like it.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

I love to see Sheep expose themselves like this. Openly hoping for so much and getting so little back, and then pretending you like it.

Isn't that you in every thread in which you've managed to get a game playable on that Chinese designed handheld from Valve, and celebrating how it's "not bad" for the low to medium settings you've configured it for?

:drake:

3 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Let's be real Switch 2 will outsell steam deck's entire 2-3 year lifetime sales in a week or less. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Let's be real Switch 2 will outsell steam deck's entire 2-3 year lifetime sales in a week or less. 

The only value of sales to me is that I won't waste my money on a stunted platform. Vita was stunted. With Steam Deck, hardware sales mean nothing because I'm guaranteed to get a better library than Switch 2 for literally decades to come.

Even if you stick to what's officially Verified/Playable on Deck, the library is insane.

Edited by sugarhigh
31 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

The only value of sales to me is that I won't waste my money on a stunted platform. Vita was stunted. With Steam Deck, hardware sales mean nothing because I'm guaranteed to get a better library than Switch 2 for literally decades to come.

Even if you stick to what's officially Verified/Playable on Deck, the library is insane.

No you're not. Switch 2 will have a tons of games made specifically for it unlike deck which will not. 

The current Deck will be relegated to a last last last gen only system in decades to come don't be silly. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

No you're not. Switch 2 will have a tons of games made specifically for it unlike deck which will not. 

The current Deck will be relegated to a last last last gen only system in decades to come don't be silly. 

Most of the switch games "made specifically for it" are ports worse than the lowest PC settings.

Steam Deck will continue to play brand new games for decades to come. As long as it takes for Supergiant Games or Team Cherry to make bigger games than Cyberpunk 2077.

There's 0.01% chance this thing releases without BC support..... but it's Nintendo, so their hubris might just see them do some stupid shit like that.

No BC, and a different proprietary card slot forcing everyone to keep their Switches if they want to play their games... would be an incredibly bad move.

Then again, they might just be able to get away with it as long as the console doesn't have some stupid gimmick forced on it.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You could say that about any console....

The Deck's library is the only library that is essentially guaranteed to be playable on whatever new PC device you have decades from now :reg: 

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Remij said:

You could say that about any console....

The Deck's library is the only library that is essentially guaranteed to be playable on whatever new PC device you have decades from now :reg: 

Yes you can say that about any console.... Except the steam deck... That's the point I was making genius. 

There are no deck games or a steam deck library.... Deck is playing games released on steam...those games aren't on steam specifically for deck. 

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes you can say that about any console.... Except the steam deck... That's the point I was making genius. 

There are no deck games or a steam deck library.... Deck is playing games released on steam...those games aren't on steam specifically for deck. 

Referring to being relegated to a last gen only system a decade from now genius....  Your point about Switch 2 having games made specifically for it has no bearing on which library is or will be better... so it completely falls flat.  

And yes there are Deck games, and there is a Deck library... Are you saying backwards compatibility doesn't count as a library to you for consoles?  Doesn't matter if it's "emulated" or "translated"... it's a library that works on not just the Deck.. but any Linux PC.  And let's not even mention that there's 10,000+ native SteamOS (Linux) games on Steam. 😉

Edited by Remij
10 hours ago, Remij said:

Referring to being relegated to a last gen only system a decade from now genius....  Your point about Switch 2 having games made specifically for it has no bearing on which library is or will be better... so it completely falls flat.  

And yes there are Deck games, and there is a Deck library... Are you saying backwards compatibility doesn't count as a library to you for consoles?  Doesn't matter if it's "emulated" or "translated"... it's a library that works on not just the Deck.. but any Linux PC.  And let's not even mention that there's 10,000+ native SteamOS (Linux) games on Steam. 😉

List the games that are made specifically for deck :umad:

Can't wait. Day 1 for me. Switch was (is) such a banger of console.

The resurgence of Nintendo has been fantastic - console wise at least, I know they continued to do well in the handheld market. But Wii/Wii U were dark fucking times as someone who grew up on Nintendo.