How your backlog looking?

No such thing as a backlog for me. I don't care anymore. I can't even get passed most intros or first stages in games now before calling it quit.

Other games I'll enjoy more but I will also quit at the first sign of even slight frustration. Can't find where to go and I've been running around for the past 10 minutes? Eject, uninstall, never touch it again. Was having a great time but died during a long stretch of the game without saving? Eject, uninstall, never touch it again. Sudden bullshit difficulty spike out of nowhere? Eject, uninstall never touch it again.

I'm gaming and all I think about is everything but what I'm actually doing. I'm literally zoning out when I'm playing games, I can't even concentrate on them anymore.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No such thing as a backlog for me. I don't care anymore. I can't even get passed most intros or first stages in games now before calling it quit.

Other games I'll enjoy more but I will also quit at the first sign of even slight frustration. Can't find where to go and I've been running around for the past 10 minutes? Eject, uninstall, never touch it again. Was having a great time but died during a long stretch of the game without saving? Eject, uninstall, never touch it again. Sudden bullshit difficulty spike out of nowhere? Eject, uninstall never touch it again.

I'm gaming and all I think about is everything but what I'm actually doing. I'm literally zoning out when I'm playing games, I can't even concentrate on them anymore.

Thats how i was feeling til i started Godlurs Gate.

• aitch 1
50 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Thats how i was feeling til i started Godlurs Gate.

That's one game I know I would love. Divinity Original Sin 2, which is basically the spiritual predecessor of this game was brilliant. Me and a friend of mine played it in local coop on PS4 (also on PC). It's genuinely one of the best RPG I ever played.

The combat system and character customization had no equals.

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's one game I know I would love. Divinity Original Sin 2, which is basically the spiritual predecessor of this game was brilliant. Me and a friend of mine played it in local coop on PS4 (also on PC). It's genuinely one of the best RPG I ever played.

Im going to have to buy that game too

• aitch 1
21 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ever feel like there’s too much to play, that you just don’t want to play anything?  Especially with all of these long ass games coming out? 

yeah its de-motivating. I feel like this year in particular has had soooooooooooo many long games, its ridiculous.

Trying to finish FFXVI so I can start Baldur's Gate 3....oh wait but I also want to play more of Jagged Alliance 3.....oh yeah and Starfield + Lies of P come out next month....

fuck me :| 

• Haha 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah its de-motivating. I feel like this year in particular has had soooooooooooo many long games, it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, I miss the old days where I could beat a game in 8-10 hours, with the occasional long one. I think Viewfinder may end up being my low key GOTY because it was short, yet (much like TOTK) was a gameplay marvel. I soooo want to give BG3 a shot, but 100 hours? Fuck. I still have shit to finish up with Zelda, and I put a good 85 hours into it. #firstworldproblems

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I miss the old days where I could beat a game in 8-10 hours, with the occasional long one. I think Viewfinder may end up being my low key GOTY because it was short, yet (much like TOTK) was a gameplay marvel. I soooo want to give BG3 a shot, but 100 hours? Fuck. I still have shit to finish up with Zelda, and I put a good 85 hours into it. #firstworldproblems

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah its de-motivating. I feel like this year in particular has had soooooooooooo many long games, its ridiculous.

Trying to finish FFXVI so I can start Baldur's Gate 3....oh wait but I also want to play more of Jagged Alliance 3.....oh yeah and Starfield + Lies of P come out next month....

fuck me :| 

I usually hate long ass games cause most of them are just boring. 
Ubisoft games, Sony games, EA, all those games that are just filler stuff. But then there are games that actually make me feel like part of the world they take place in and ill spend a shit ton of time in those games. Witcher 3, Elden Ring, Skyrim, Godlurs Gate. These games dont feel like a time killer.

Lie of P tho i do want to play that but itll prob be put on the back burner with Forza till after the holidays. I cant play multiple games at once anymore.

• Upvote 1

The backlog is infinite. It's why Gamepass is just a joke to me. I'm playing BG3 right now, and it currently feels like I'll be playing it forever. Since finishing Ragnarok, I struggled to put any game over Rocket League. I wanted to play Divinity or Weird West or Death Loop or 100 other games, but Rocket League was always there. Baldurs Gate is so good I don't even think about anything else.

50 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah I kinda like my 360 games for that. I feel I cant get pretty far even if I just play a few hours in the week and they cost next to nothing so it's perfect.

Maybe I'll just do that from now on. Play three fucking generations late and get everything Twinblade mentioned in this thread for the price of a six pack in 2036. 

I don't think I've ever had my backlog this bad before. Back in the day I might've had 5-10 games in the backlog. No big deal, I could burn through that on a 2 week vacation.

Now I can barely keep my backlog under 30. Doesn't help that I tend to impulse buy so every time I start scratching games off the list they immediately get replaced by other shit I bought on a whim. It's really bad right now since I bought a PS5 recently. I was browsing through my PS Game Library and noticed so many games I straight up forgot I even bought.

• dead 1

Backlog is still pretty big but I've been doing a decent job keeping up with this years games. Done with FFXVI, still chipping away at TOTK (trying to make that one last, probably won't finish it for some time), I'm in Act 3 of BG3 and should be done by the time AC6 is out. If Starfield doesn't suck I'll start that after AC6....otherwise I'll probably chip away at the backlog till Cyberpunk DLC (assuming that doesn't suck).

The back half of the year is pretty light for me, SMRPG is short and I assume SMW will be too. So I should have some time to go back for the stuff I missed then.

• dead 1
11 hours ago, Ramza said:

I played the first one and liked it but found it a bit hard.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

I played the first one and liked it but found it a bit hard.

I haven't played the first one much. They're similar but 2 has better characters and is just better in every way.

And yeah Divinity can be really hard when you don't know what you're doing, but once you figure out good ways to mix and match class skills you start to dominate.