DF: Sources Claim Switch Successor Runs Matrix UE5 Tech Demo With Comparable Graphics to PS5/XSX

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yes you can.  It's called buying the next one, or a better device.

And I'm not sure why you think requirements continue to increase on PC over the course of a console generation.  PS5 and Series X aren't changing for the next 4-5 years.. so I'm not sure why you think PCs must.  PCs can be upgraded to be better within that time, but it doesn't mean you have to.  And actually... PC has the advantage in that you can get more mileage out of your hardware by tuning the games to run as you wish them to.

yeah, that's not remotely close to the definition of upgrading.

Phew. Dropping $400-$500 every two to three years, because your hardware looks that OUTDATED, that quickly?

We already know you guys are definitely not playing new games on it, already, and are getting tired of it.

Therein lies the failure of the Valve advertises the hardware..........there will be NO PC DEVELOPER in the year 2024 that is thinking to themselves "we're optimizing this game to squeeze every last bit of power from that [Valve handheld] with this game that we're releasing this year."

But that is what developers were doing with Switch during 2019/2020/2021. And its because Nintendo makes it very clear that there will only be ONE HARDWARE SPEC for the next few years, and it sets a clear goal for developers to optimize.

If Valve turns their hardware into disposable, constant product refreshes, like the smartphone market, like the PC hardware market..........nobody will build anything with full optimization.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DF cleared this up in the Switch thread.    NVIDIA has weird naming conventions... DLSS3 is actually frame generation.. And we know Switch 2 definitely won't have that because you need NVIDI

Sounds like I could have seriously underestimated what they'd be able to do, given my assumptions about where Nvidia would land with the hardware, and what Nintendo will potentially allow them to do.

Nice self ownage.  That thread was about Wiiu being closer to Wii than 360.   The Wiiu came out and surprise to no one, it was more powerful than 360.

Posted Images

I remember saying this way back in 2017, when we learned that Nintendo entered a "10-year deal" with nVidia, that Nintendo might actually get the good-end of this deal at the beginning, but nVidia might rope Nintendo into having no choice but to accept the GPU tech that nVidia will force on them in the future.

I think Nintendo might have caught nVidia at a very lucky point in time in which nVidia NEEDS TO PRODUCE silicon products right now in manufacturing, and their Desktop GPU demand has quickly vanished, and in the world of Semiconductor manufacturing, when you book those processing lines month ahead with either TSMC or Samsung, you either use it or lose it. Which means nVIdia has to produce something, and Nintendo might have been able to get some nice nVidia architecture at a good price per chip.

I think the Switch 2 should've already released by now, but the reason you're didn't see it, is because Nintendo saw how much nVidia was making in Desktop GPU during 2021-2022, and they would've charged outrageous prices for manufacturing.

They're taking advantage at the just the right time that the GPU market is in a noticeable cooldown.

But also, its become very clear that nVidia keeps on pushing this new RTX features, really quite ALOT of RTX features that they've introduced in the past 2-3 years............and 98% of PC games have none of them.

Make those RTX features standard in the next Switch console, and developers who want their games on the Switch are going to have no choice but to use nVidia tools, and will start using them.

......this helps their PC port. And it could really fuck over AMD at that point. nVidia would absolutely do this, and decide "fuck it, lets give these RTX features to Nintendo at a discount, because it will help force the developers to implement things on the PC version that won't work on AMD cards."

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Even TOTK wouldn't be possible on Ps3 with it's 512mb of ram.

PS3 doesn't have the minimum required spec to run ANY modern engine.  CPU, GPU functions, RAM capacity and speed are all below the spec. 

Yea, definitely.  PS3 just does not have the memory capacity to handle these newer titles.  Nor does it have the same capability regarding shaders and visual effects.

Just look at Pikmin 4 rendered at a higher resolution on emulator.. no PS3 game has rendering that nice.

pm4.png

Edited by Remij
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, that's not remotely close to the definition of upgrading.

Phew. Dropping $400-$500 every two to three years, because your hardware looks that OUTDATED, that quickly?

We already know you guys are definitely not playing new games on it, already, and are getting tired of it.

Therein lies the failure of the Valve advertises the hardware..........there will be NO PC DEVELOPER in the year 2024 that is thinking to themselves "we're optimizing this game to squeeze every last bit of power from that [Valve handheld] with this game that we're releasing this year."

But that is what developers were doing with Switch during 2019/2020/2021. And its because Nintendo makes it very clear that there will only be ONE HARDWARE SPEC for the next few years, and it sets a clear goal for developers to optimize.

If Valve turns their hardware into disposable, constant product refreshes, like the smartphone market, like the PC hardware market..........nobody will build anything with full optimization.

That's LITERALLY the definition of upgrading :drake: 

And yawn... Jerry... out of everyone here... you're the one who does not game.  There will be games made for PC which will work on the Deck for years and years and years to come. 

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I remember saying this way back in 2017, when we learned that Nintendo entered a "10-year deal" with nVidia, that Nintendo might actually get the good-end of this deal at the beginning, but nVidia might rope Nintendo into having no choice but to accept the GPU tech that nVidia will force on them in the future.

I think Nintendo might have caught nVidia at a very lucky point in time in which nVidia NEEDS TO PRODUCE silicon products right now in manufacturing, and their Desktop GPU demand has quickly vanished, and in the world of Semiconductor manufacturing, when you book those processing lines month ahead with either TSMC or Samsung, you either use it or lose it. Which means nVIdia has to produce something, and Nintendo might have been able to get some nice nVidia architecture at a good price per chip.

I think the Switch 2 should've already released by now, but the reason you're didn't see it, is because Nintendo saw how much nVidia was making in Desktop GPU during 2021-2022, and they would've charged outrageous prices for manufacturing.

They're taking advantage at the just the right time that the GPU market is in a noticeable cooldown.

But also, its become very clear that nVidia keeps on pushing this new RTX features, really quite ALOT of RTX features that they've introduced in the past 2-3 years............and 98% of PC games have none of them.

Make those RTX features standard in the next Switch console, and developers who want their games on the Switch are going to have no choice but to use nVidia tools, and will start using them.

......this helps their PC port. And it could really fuck over AMD at that point. nVidia would absolutely do this, and decide "fuck it, lets give these RTX features to Nintendo at a discount, because it will help force the developers to implement things on the PC version that won't work on AMD cards."

lmfao you and your fan fiction :lul: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's LITERALLY the definition of upgrading :drake: 

And yawn... Jerry... out of everyone here... you're the one who does not game.  There will be games made for PC which will work on the Deck for years and years and years to come. 

No, that's not upgrading.............that's replacing.

Its a completely throw away of previous hardware, because you can't LITERALLY upgrade it.

I love how you are not disputing what I said about OPTIMIZING.

Its obvious that PC developers allow you to downgrade your game so that it can barely run on your hardware.............and you're trying to boast about that:tom:

Its so obvious when you know you don't have a good counter-argument.....because you try to start talking about me at that point.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, that's not upgrading.............that's replacing.

Its a completely throw away of previous hardware, because you can't LITERALLY upgrade it.

I love how you are not disputing what I said about OPTIMIZING.

Its obvious that PC developers allow you to downgrade your game so that it can barely run on your hardware.............and you're trying to boast about that:tom:

Its so obvious when you know you don't have a good counter-argument.....because you try to start talking about me at that point.

To upgrade is to either make improvements to, or exchange for something better...:drake: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL this butthurt buffoon.:hest:As he continues to give us new reasons for why Bloodborne isn't out on PC. he claims I'm the one performing fan fiction.

"bubu you see, Nintendo caught Nviduh at teh righT timez, and tehy gawt teh grate deel fore da advanz arkitektur" :diplo:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

To upgrade is to either make improvements to, or exchange for something better...:drake: 

To the SAME OBJECT that you have in your possession.

Upgrade of..............THE OBJECT.

You're trying to (deceptively) say that YOU UPGRADED..............from one object to the next.

Go.............and.................read...............his..............post..............again..............sweetie.

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

How? You can't upgrade your Steamdeck. 

He's talking about the object.

he's not talking about you.

You just lost the argument.

Just now, Cooke said:

Lol don't play dumb 

Like.............I don't understand

Every time............LITERALLY EVERY TIME................he's attempted to use slight of hand in his wordplay..............I've caught'en him.

He is painfully aware that he's NEVER BEEN ABLE TO SLIP ONE BY ME.............ever.

I don't know why he still does it?

Like is he stupid? Does he think its going to work the NEXT TIME he attempts it?

Just now, jehurey said:

Like.............I don't understand

Every time............LITERALLY EVERY TIME................he's attempted to use slight of hand in his wordplay..............I've caught'en him.

He is painfully aware that he's NEVER BEEN ABLE TO SLIP ONE BY ME.............ever.

I don't know why he still does it?

Like is he stupid? Does he think its going to work the NEXT TIME he attempts it?

Ok calm down donkey. It's not that important. And yes, throwing your Steamdeck away to buy a newer model is not upgrading your Steamdeck. 

Just now, jehurey said:

To the SAME OBJECT that you have in your possession.

Upgrade of..............THE OBJECT.

You're trying to (deceptively) say that YOU UPGRADED..............from one object to the next.

Go.............and.................read...............his..............post..............again..............sweetie.

He's talking about the object.

he's not talking about you.

You just lost the argument.

No... it does NOT have to be the same object... it's in fact an upgrade to replace something new with something better :drake: 

And yes, you can upgrade your Steam Deck.  You can replace the screen for a better one, the battery for a bigger one, the storage for better one, the analog sticks for newer ones... ect ect.

You get owned every single way with me BOI.. don't even bother :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

No... it does NOT have to be the same object... it's in fact an upgrade to replace something

That's not an upgrade of something.............if that something is literally thrown away and no longer used.

:tom:He's so stupid, he already knows he's attempting bullshit, but he's so angry that he's still doing it anyway

It did not upgrade the object.

If your wife replaced you with another man.............would you come in here and boast "hey guys, I got upgraded!!!!!!!!"

:lawl::lawl::lawl:

2 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Ok calm down donkey. It's not that important. And yes, throwing your Steamdeck away to buy a newer model is not upgrading your Steamdeck. 

The entire point of his response to you was that with Steam Deck, since it's a PC... it is entirely replaceable and upgradable... You KNOW that everything will work going forward.... Why the FUCK are you idiots acting like you don't know that.

3 different handheld PCs could release in a single Switch generation and each could be an upgrade for the user...  That's entirely the point.  With the Switch, you're stuck on that until they launch the next Switch...  With PC.. there's a constant flow of new devices to upgrade to.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's not an upgrade of something.............if that something is literally thrown away and no longer used.

:tom:He's so stupid, he already knows he's attempting bullshit, but he's so angry that he's still doing it anyway

It did not upgrade the object.

If your wife replaced you with another man.............would you come in here and boast "hey guys, I got upgraded!!!!!!!!"

:lawl::lawl::lawl:

Your wife would definitely say that :omglol: