DF: Sources Claim Switch Successor Runs Matrix UE5 Tech Demo With Comparable Graphics to PS5/XSX

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Whereas you're messing with ini files so that you can get your games to run at lower than lowest PC settings.............because you have no choice since the game is unplayable without you having to do so.

........and that's hardware that will be outdate and unsupported in 2-3 years, no less.:drake:

And that's where you got caught lying.

You just proved his point.

That valve handheld is a gimped platform..........because it does not have the flexibility of a PC to upgrade

You then proceeded to lie about what an upgrade is.

I love how he's trying to project.

When I am the one who caught him trying to switch arguments and trying to see if he could slip that one past me.:tom:

You're done dude.  I dismantled everything you brought to the table here tonight.  Easily.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DF cleared this up in the Switch thread.    NVIDIA has weird naming conventions... DLSS3 is actually frame generation.. And we know Switch 2 definitely won't have that because you need NVIDI

Sounds like I could have seriously underestimated what they'd be able to do, given my assumptions about where Nvidia would land with the hardware, and what Nintendo will potentially allow them to do.

Nice self ownage.  That thread was about Wiiu being closer to Wii than 360.   The Wiiu came out and surprise to no one, it was more powerful than 360.

Posted Images

I wasn't even responding so much to upgradeability as the point that developers don't need to specifically target the Deck/Ally/etc.

I've never tweaked the ini of a PC game on Deck, and you've conceded defeat by taking up this point. Your expectation is the Deck can play *every single game*. If the last 1% need tweaks, that is already an insane accomplishment, with an unbeatable game library.

Just now, Remij said:

You're done dude.  I dismantled everything you brought to the table here tonight.  Easily.

No you haven't

Oh man, he's angry so angry that he's blown his fuse

So, to recap:

1. He got caught lying about what it means to "upgrade"
  2. he then tried to say that he really wasn't talking about what Cooke was talking, and Cooke wasn't really talking about the Valve handheld
  3. he then tried to say that an platform that's being abandoned can still technically run the game......poorly......and tried to spin that as a positive thing that the Switch can't do.
  4. And he then tried to project him switching arguments, onto me.

:lawl:And now he's running away, because he's been completely manhandled, even by Cooke himself.

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

I wasn't even responding so much to upgradeability as the point that developers don't need to specifically target the Deck/Ally/etc.

I've never tweaked the ini of a PC game on Deck

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

He literally just corroborated that the handheld does not get an optimized spec.

And YES HE DID go into the ini files.........to try and get TLOU Remake running better.......he even tried to post video of it, one of the very few times.

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

That's Full KO, right there.

• NPC 1
44 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

The Steamdeck has a shit AMD CPU. The arm CPU in Switch 2 will absolutely bodybag it in efficiency.

Efficiency is not how The Matrix demo runs comparable to PS5. Efficiency is how you get 2.5 hours battery life while playing the Witcher remaster.

2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Efficiency is not how The Matrix demo runs comparable to PS5. Efficiency is how you get 2.5 hours battery life while playing the Witcher remaster.

It requires less wattage to hit the same performance as the steamdeck CPU. That's huge news.

Plus it's on a smaller die.

Edited by Playstation Tablet
6 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

No, because it cannot achieve that performance on the highest safe clock.

:tom:This fool is now worried about battery life............when none of them talk about theirs

Because they've already told us, multiple times since 2022, that they only plan on having their handheld in the house, and they've even said that it will connected to a power cord.:kaz:

And now they want to talk about battery life. LOL

• NPC 1
9 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

The Steamdeck has a shit AMD CPU. The arm CPU in Switch 2 will absolutely bodybag it in efficiency.

Can you imagine if Valve is working on a follow-up to their chinese-manufactured handheld?

For 2024? Based on what AMD small form factor APU they could possibly get around early 2024?

It still wouldn't get reasonably close to what we are hearing with the Switch 2, let alone the RTX features.

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Ya I had initially predicted 4k dlss, but 60 fps to me is unimpressive in 2023. If I were Nintendo I'd really push for frame generation and a high hz monitor if they want to remain relevant into 2030.

• Geese 1
  • 2 weeks later...

"Given the closer alignment to Gen8 platforms in terms of performance and our previous offerings on PS4 / Xbox One, it is reasonable to assume we could make something compelling for the NG Switch as well."

From emails that leaked from Microsoft.

33 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

"Given the closer alignment to Gen8 platforms in terms of performance and our previous offerings on PS4 / Xbox One, it is reasonable to assume we could make something compelling for the NG Switch as well."

From emails that leaked from Microsoft.

Probably Halo Infinite, MCC and possibly a Gears collection.

• Haha 1