DF: Sources Claim Switch Successor Runs Matrix UE5 Tech Demo With Comparable Graphics to PS5/XSX

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DF cleared this up in the Switch thread.    NVIDIA has weird naming conventions... DLSS3 is actually frame generation.. And we know Switch 2 definitely won't have that because you need NVIDI

Sounds like I could have seriously underestimated what they'd be able to do, given my assumptions about where Nvidia would land with the hardware, and what Nintendo will potentially allow them to do.

Nice self ownage.  That thread was about Wiiu being closer to Wii than 360.   The Wiiu came out and surprise to no one, it was more powerful than 360.

Posted Images

Yeah it'll be around the steam deck for sure when portable.  RT will obviously be a ton better though... and DLSS will be better than AMDs shit.

The only way I can see the Matrix demo being possible, is if Nintendo allows them to run a completely different high-power profile when docked.  The TV experience will be better than what the Deck can do, I'm sure.

Edited by Remij
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah it'll be around the steam deck for sure when portable.  RT will obviously be a ton better though... and DLSS will be better than AMDs shit.

The only way I can see the Matrix demo being possible, is if Nintendo allows them to run a completely different high-power profile when docked.  The TV experience will be better than what the Deck can do, I'm sure.

This is my expectations too. Portable will be at deck or slightly better due to the Switch NVN2 letting devs code down to the metal. 

+

Nvidia's RT solutions and DLSS are both better than what AMD offers. 

With docked experience being better than what deck can do. 

10 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Cooke and Goku in this thread denying that WiiU was gonna be underpowered bullshit:

Nice self ownage.  That thread was about Wiiu being closer to Wii than 360.

The Wiiu came out and surprise to no one, it was more powerful than 360.

• Geese 1
9 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Denial + cope

spacer.png

11 years ago? And you are now saying switch 2 will be the 3rd console that is between the power of a PS3 and PS4? WiiU was more powerful than PS3 incase you forgot. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

11 years ago? And you are now saying switch 2 will be the 3rd console that is between the power of a PS3 and PS4? WiiU was more powerful than PS3 incase you forgot. 

If WiiU was more powerful that PS3 there would be evidence supporting it. There fucking isn't. Nothing on WiiU comes close to Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3, Last of Us, God of War 3, MGS4, Infamous 2, Motorstorm 2/3, etc.

Edited by sugarhigh
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

This is my expectations too. Portable will be at deck or slightly better due to the Switch NVN2 letting devs code down to the metal. 

+

Nvidia's RT solutions and DLSS are both better than what AMD offers. 

With docked experience being better than what deck can do. 

Yea.  I've been basing the potential power of a Switch successor on whether they continue to adhere to strict battery life and power envelopes.. but if they allow the hardware to be pushed, it will handily clobber the Deck.  Just look at the ROG Ally.. now imagine DLSS, which works better than FSR at lower internal resolutions, and no APIs and PC/Windows overhead..  could be 2x faster.

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.  I've been basing the potential power of a Switch successor on whether they continue to adhere to strict battery life and power envelopes.. but if they allow the hardware to be pushed, it will handily clobber the Deck.  Just look at the ROG Ally.. now imagine DLSS, which works better than FSR at lower internal resolutions, and no APIs and PC/Windows overhead..  could be 2x faster.

In docked mode battery constraints are not an issue. 

Edited by Goukosan
16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

In docked mode battery constraints are not an issue. 

No I know that, I mean the power profile.  The GPU can be pushed extremely high, but ultimately the CPU will limit what they are willing to do because it needs to work portable as well.