Tomorrow is 9/11

The mundane interview with an author that wrote a book about Howard Hughes and then cuts away to one of the buildings on fire and then a live shot of the second tower being hit. It's still surreal to watch. 

Still remember that day vividly, arriving at my shitty restaurant job and everyone just staring at the TV. 

Cooke we are not that separate in age and if I was in middle school when this happened I highly doubt you were working in a restaurant

I remember just sitting in class learning and randomly another teacher walks in and tells us to turn on the tv. Days later we were told to draw something to commemorate Murika and of course I was the only nerd at the time that took it seriously and drew a huge Statue of Liberty in front of the American flag, while most kids in my class drew comics of people jumping out of burning buildings 

1 minute ago, z,warrior said:

Cooke we are not that separate in age and if I was in middle school when this happened I highly doubt you were working in a restaurant

I remember just sitting in class learning and randomly another teacher walks in and tells us to turn on the tv. Days later we were told to draw something to commemorate Murika and of course I was the only nerd at the time that took it seriously and drew a huge Statue of Liberty in front of the American flag, while most kids in my class drew comics of people jumping out of burning buildings 

I graduated highschool in 2001 

I was 11, basically the first year of middle school in the UK. Somehow none of the teachers showed it or explained it to us, I doubt they wanted the responsibility once it was obvious it was a terrorist attack. Got home, turned on the TV and saw the towers coming down over and over again on every channel, I can clearly picture that. I can also remember that evening but not the time I spent in school.  

I was out eating at a restaurant with my fam, afterwards we went to our fav ice cream place, then went home. TV is on - footage of plane crashing into tower over and over again.

I was like 11 years old as well (like dat britfaggu) and didn't really get what was going on - like the scale of it. 

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, Mr. House said:

Imagine that explosion in the center of NYC. I don't see how you can act casual in the face of that explosion which is why I'm asking if you're blind. 

What are you going on about?

I'm talking about the official CCP death toll they gave the world of 173 deaths. There's no way an explosion that size in a densely populated city like that only killed 173 people. Tianjin has 1200 people per square km

• Upvote 1

I remember I was getting ready for work and then getting a phone call from my boss saying "No work today. Stay home".

And I was like, "Why? What's up?"

She responded with, "You don't know? Check your TV".

So I head out into the living room and see my whole family just staring at the TV screen in silence and I turn to look at the screen and just freeze in place. I'm just standing there for who knows how long just in complete disbelief and I remember the first words I do manage to say is "No way is this real" in a low tone.

I finally sit down to watch and it seriously took me like an hour to really process everything and come to the realization that yes, this is REALLY happening. 

To this day it remains one of the most complex feelings I've ever felt. I still don't know to explain the feeling and it took like 2 weeks to shake the feeling off before I felt "normal" again.

• Sad 1
51 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I remember I was getting ready for work and then getting a phone call from my boss saying "No work today. Stay home".

And I was like, "Why? What's up?"

She responded with, "You don't know? Check your TV".

So I head out into the living room and see my whole family just staring at the TV screen in silence and I turn to look at the screen and just freeze in place. I'm just standing there for who knows how long just in complete disbelief and I remember the first words I do manage to say is "No way is this real" in a low tone.

I finally sit down to watch and it seriously took me like an hour to really process everything and come to the realization that yes, this is REALLY happening. 

To this day it remains one of the most complex feelings I've ever felt. I still don't know to explain the feeling and it took like 2 weeks to shake the feeling off before I felt "normal" again.

Broooo that was me. I had just started working at a tv news station….and seeing the camera people, talent, directors, producers, etc. struggling to work, while trying to process it all as it was unfolding, was crazy. It took me a good few weeks to feel somewhat normal. 

• Like 1