Jedi Survivor fixed on consoles.... But

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. That's literally the reason I spend 3x. I like higher Settings and I like 2-3x frame rate. If I didn't, I wouldn't have this 4080 and 7800X3D. I'm not spending this money because I hate FPS and S

Dude.... LOL, taking this too serious.     Anyways, hang on...         Just trying to find a way to work with this...     Hmmm... alright.  

Nobody develops strictly for PC BECAUSE they're all similar now..  Nobody develops strictly for it, but everyone DOES develop for it     Consoles are low spec PCs for school kids (toddlers s

It's a running trend with the PC versions of a lot of games.

Pay all that money for a rig and it ultimately doesn't matter because devs don't bother to optimize the game so the games run like shit.

They have no choice but to play unoptimized console hand me downs though because there is no such thing as a PC exclusive.

Bu- buh Master race tho... LOL yeah, sure. Paying 3x the price of a console just to play shit versions of the console game. Fuckin' tools. 😆

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

It's a running trend with the PC versions of a lot of games.

Pay all that money for a rig and it ultimately doesn't matter because devs don't bother to optimize the game so the games run like shit.

They have no choice but to play unoptimized console hand me downs though because there is no such thing as a PC exclusive.

Bu- buh Master race tho... LOL yeah, sure. Paying 3x the price of a console just to play shit versions of the console game. Fuckin' tools. 😆

Yes. Master Race. There are fucked up ports due to UE issues which are being worked on, but MOST games are still better on PC (which I'll get to later). I'm paying 3x the price of consoles so my eyes don't get raped at 30 fps medium, or having to gut the settings to low for a meh 60 fps.  Consoles are so weak that even some of these fucked up PC ports are still better than the shitty PS5 versions at times. For example, Digital Foundry complained about REmake4 and Spider-Man port but STILL said they are by far best on PC. We traded exclusives for having a substantially larger high scoring library each gen, which is just better than 2 or 3 more exclusives. And it's the only place to really play competitive games, with the best online in general by a country mile.

Yeah sure generic movie game trash that no one remembered after 1 week like Jedi Survivor is fucked on PC. But then you have the flip side, games like Baldurs Gate 3, Zelda, Armored Core 6, Street Fighter 6, MK1, God of War, Remnant 2, Atomic Heart, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Spider-Man, Forza, Starfield, Hogwarts (after fixes), Diablo 4, etc. (and soon the CP expansion) all of which are substantially better experienced on PC. This string of bad ports sucks ass, but lets not act like a game being better on PC isn't far more common with how weak PS5 is. You will be literally listing a handful of games that are worse on PC than console each year when there are 100s of releases a year. And even some of those broken ports can be brute forced to run way better than PS5.

It's a shitty situation, but PC is still best.

Edited by Substatic
19 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Yes. Master Race. There are fucked up ports due to UE issues which are being worked on. 

UE4 has been out for a very very long time... Yet for some odd reason.. Fixing the PC issues with UE is not a priority.... How long have they been "working on it" huh? :umad:

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

How long have they been "working on it" huh? :umad:

Dunno, Atomic Heart ran great on PC, way better than on PS5 (you know, like most video games). Jedi devs are scum.

Also I'm glad From Soft had learned, Looking forward to playing ArmoredCore 6 at 120fps when I'm done w/ my current games:

To speak briefly on PC - and while it's not covered in the main video - based on John's reaction, it seems that From Software may finally be taking the platform more seriously. For a start there's support for frame-rates above 60fps (a first for the studio) along with ultrawide and HDR support, and reports of no stutter. 

Edited by Substatic
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's tough :monkas:

Well I gave you an example of a UE4 game (Atomic Heart) from this year that, like most video game releases, is way better on PC than PS5.  Jedi Survivor devs stink.

Anyway, love PC gaming!

"Game Changer" differences:

Edited by Substatic
Just now, Goukosan said:

UE4 has been out for a very very long time... Yet for some odd reason.. Fixing the PC issues with UE is not a priority.... How long have they been "working on it" huh? :umad:

It's not really even an engine issue at this point.  The engine already gives the developers the tools to avoid most of this stuff.. a lot of games didn't implement shader pre-compilation because a lot of devs didn't even know the engine had the functionality.. they also didn't know how to properly collect the PSOs which their materials use.. and that's because a lot of the people making UE games, aren't low-level programmers.. they are tech artists.

Epic definitely HAS made PSO compilation improvements a priority, and I can attest to that because there are responses from developers at Epic stating as much lol.

Also, you have to remember that most Unreal Engine games still releasing even to this day are using UE4.27.  Games which are using UE5 or 5.1 are still a ways out.  Immortals of Aveum use UE5+ and doesn't have shader comp stuttering.  UE5 has it's own issues with CPU thread utilization, but that problem affects all devices.

9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Well I gave you an example of a UE4 game (Atomic Heart) from this year that, like most video game releases, is way better on PC than PS5.  Jedi Survivor devs stink.

Anyway, love PC gaming!

"Game Changer" differences:

You're saying the Jedi Survivor devs stink... Yet they prioritized fixing the console versions and left the PC version Broken. 

FF7.. Still broken on PC as are many others. 

DF Direct Weekly: stuttering problems in PC games is getting out of control

Alex is being driven to his wits' end by the fact that so many major titles are shipping on PC with a stuttering issues

You can put you head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist or it's not an issue. 

No wonder the devs don't give a shit about fixing the broken games because hermits are ashamed to admit the issue so the devs get a pass. 

24 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You can put you head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist or it's not an issue. 

It's an issue and it exists. It's just a literal small fraction of games and not enough to stop PC from being the best system.

Excepting this is an issue doesn't mean I have to accept most games aren't still better on PC.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Yes. Master Race. There are fucked up ports due to UE issues which are being worked on, but MOST games are still better on PC (which I'll get to later). I'm paying 3x the price of consoles so my eyes don't get raped at 30 fps medium, or having to gut the settings to low for a meh 60 fps.  Consoles are so weak that even some of these fucked up PC ports are still better than the shitty PS5 versions at times. For example, Digital Foundry complained about REmake4 and Spider-Man port but STILL said they are by far best on PC. We traded exclusives for having a substantially larger high scoring library each gen, which is just better than 2 or 3 more exclusives. And it's the only place to really play competitive games, with the best online in general by a country mile.

Yeah sure generic movie game trash that no one remembered after 1 week like Jedi Survivor is fucked on PC. But then you have the flip side, games like Baldurs Gate 3, Zelda, Armored Core 6, Street Fighter 6, MK1, God of War, Remnant 2, Atomic Heart, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Spider-Man, Forza, Starfield, Hogwarts (after fixes), Diablo 4, etc. (and soon the CP expansion) all of which are substantially better experienced on PC. This string of bad ports sucks ass, but lets not act like a game being better on PC isn't far more common with how weak PS5 is. You will be literally listing a handful of games that are worse on PC than console each year when there are 100s of releases a year. And even some of those broken ports can be brute forced to run way better than PS5.

It's a shitty situation, but PC is still best.

And here's where hermshits arguments just fall to fuckin' pieces to me. It's always the same damn thing out of their mouths. Framerates, resolutions, or whatever. Blah blah fuckin blah...

Hermits HAVE to cling to this though because it's the only excuse you have to justify spending 3x more (let's be real- it can easily be more than than that) to play the same game. So you all push the argument, you push it with everything you got. You push it so hard you literally convinced yourselves that shit actually matters because you NEED it to matter. It's the only thing you got.

But it doesn't matter. It's never mattered anywhere near as much as you need to believe it does. Because if it truly mattered, WE WOULD ALL BE GAMING ON PC.

But cling to the argument you shall because otherwise you'll be reminded that the hardware you spent so much on is only being used to play games designed... for a console.

Because there are no games designed for PC.

There are no games designed to test the limits of the latest and greatest hardware.

There are no more games like Crysis, a game designed to test the limits of current and future hardware. No more games like Crysis are being made now or in the future because PC gaming is dead. 

All that expensive hardware... Just to run a console game at a higher resolution and framerate...

You will never see what your hardware or the latest hardware is truly capable of because PC gaming is just more expensive console gaming. 

9 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It's always the same damn thing out of their mouths. Framerates, resolutions, or whatever. Blah blah fuckin blah...

Hermits HAVE to cling to this though because it's the only excuse you have to justify spending 3x more 

Yes. That's literally the reason I spend 3x. I like higher Settings and I like 2-3x frame rate. If I didn't, I wouldn't have this 4080 and 7800X3D. I'm not spending this money because I hate FPS and Settings lol.

PS5 and Xbox Series X games at 30 fps are unacceptable | Tom's Guide (tomsguide.com)

ARMORED CORE 6 - PS5 vs Nvidia 4080 Performance Review - 60FPS vs 120FPS - YouTube

I don't care what they are designed for, as long as they are fun and that I continue to get the most high scoring games (by a large margin) and play the better version of most of them.

You will never see what your hardware or the latest hardware is truly capable of

That's fine, that just means I'll get to run the game at 144+ fps :aitch:. I am eyeing that 32" 240hz OLED next year for these type of very low demanding games.

As for this thread topic, I'm glad Gouku points out the tiny handful of multiplats that worse on PC. We have to hold these developers accountable and I thank him for making these threads. A true friend of PC gamers.

Edited by Substatic
  • dead 1
29 minutes ago, Substatic said:

It's an issue and it exists. It's just a literal small fraction of games and not enough to stop PC from being the best system.

Excepting this is an issue doesn't mean I have to accept most games aren't still better on PC.

I didn't say all games... But waaaay too many big budget AAA games on PC are trash ports that never get fixed by the devs. 

14 minutes ago, Sabo said:

And here's where hermshits arguments just fall to fuckin' pieces to me. It's always the same damn thing out of their mouths. Framerates, resolutions, or whatever. Blah blah fuckin blah...

Hermits HAVE to cling to this though because it's the only excuse you have to justify spending 3x more (let's be real- it can easily be more than than that) to play the same game. So you all push the argument, you push it with everything you got. You push it so hard you literally convinced yourselves that shit actually matters because you NEED it to matter. It's the only thing you got.

But it doesn't matter. It's never mattered anywhere near as much as you need to believe it does. Because if it truly mattered, WE WOULD ALL BE GAMING ON PC.

But cling to the argument you shall because otherwise you'll be reminded that the hardware you spent so much on is only being used to play games designed... for a console.

There are no games designed to test the limits of the latest and greatest hardware.

There are no more games like Crysis, a game designed to test the limits of current and future hardware. No more games like Crysis are being made now or in the future because PC gaming is dead. 

All that expensive hardware... Just to run a console game at a higher resolution and framerate...

You will never see what your hardware or the latest hardware is truly capable of because PC gaming is just more expensive console gaming. 

Yea no, I'ma have to stop you there boss.

The reality is that all these consoles literally use PC hardware made by PC graphics and processor manufacturers.  These consoles are nothing but slightly customized PC architectures utilizing PC APIs or derivatives.  Consoles have lost ALL the proprietary hardware and design that made them unique.  They're literally fixed spec PCs...  All of these games are "PC games" now.. and it's being reflected in the fact that both MS and Sony are releasing their first party games on the platform.  There's just no reason not to.. because it's the same damn platform for the most part.  This isn't like the days of long past where a PS1 version of a game was visually completely different and unique from a Saturn or N64 versions handled by different teams.

Gaming tools and development has fallen behind and developers cannot push the state of the art without massive budgets which would literally tank any studio if even one of them didn't meet expectations... and now they must release games across all devices to reduce the risk to do so.

Consoles represent a median level of where developers should target their games to reach the largest amount of people possible.  Games are always designed to scale lower than consoles...  You literally have what, 3 PS5 games... 3 years into it's life... which could constitute something actually next gen.... so please miss me with that shit.  Games are LARGELY not being design specifically around these high end consoles either..

Everything has converged, and that's affected consoles just as much as PC.  In fact, PC will always adapt better than consoles, because it's always on the bleeding edge.