Dragon's Dogma 2 thread

This game is awesome.  I've got around 30 hours into it now and having just finished up the first area I decided to head into to the second area.  Took out another big Golem, and a Griffin along the main path.  I'm starting to get pretty good at destroying Griffins.  This one I finished off in a single encounter before it could fly away. :smoke:

On my way to town it started turning to night time, and in the distance I could see a campfire burning and was like YES! I need to rest up and cook some grub to get some stat boosts.. and just as I was getting there, I got ambushed by a group of enemies that were hiding nearby which I couldn't see because it was dark.  I stared fighting them thinking this wasn't going to be any big deal.  I was low on health and didn't have too many provisions with me... but as I was fighting my main pawn (Archer) goes down.  During that time these two other groups of enemies ambush me as well... So I'm busy fighting for my life, and because I'm a Warrior I have to basically commit hard to any actions I'm taking.. and so I basically get swarmed by enemies who move quicker than me and I can't easily run up on.  I've been using Jonb's Mage as a pawn in my group for a while, and he goes down next.. so there's just me and my other pawn now.  I decide that I should res Jon's pawn before I res my main pawn because I'll have a better chance with his healing and attack element buffs..  So I get him back up into the fight and right after I turn around from doing that.. an enemy douses me in oil.  So what does Jon's pawn think is a good idea to do?  Casts a fire attribute to my weapon as I'm swinging it at enemies... We all get enflamed and I die and need to use a wakestone to revive myself :ben: 

I was RIGHT AT THAT DAMN CAMP damnit :rage:... So then I manage to kill the rest of them and after it was all done I camp'd up, cooked, and finished the journey to town and stopped for the night.  :whew:

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and?

finally grabbed this today. only a few hours in but so far really liking it. it's definitely rough around the edges but it's also doing a lot of interesting things and has a satisfying gameplay loop,

It's like Elden Ring all over again, Sorcerer is OP as FUCK! Use augral flare and then a fast attack either basic staff attack spam or levin spam, shit gets nuked to fucking hell. Also the ultimates l

Jonb owning you on both SW and unintentionally within games. Goddamn :lul: 

But really thats a fun story. Im surprised they still haven't added any kind of co-op to this series, I feel like the pawn system is perfectly set up for that kind of gameplay.

• Like 1

Damn, the lemmings are really dead. :mj: This just confirms any doubts considering DumboB was the hardest of hardcore lemshits just a few years ago. Sad sad sad.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Damn, the lemmings are really dead. :mj: This just confirms any doubts considering DumboB was the hardest of hardcore lemshits just a few years ago. Sad sad sad.

Maybe you clowns just needed to open your eyes?  He's been gaming on PC for years and years.

Just goes to show you guys don't know what you're talking about :blessed: 

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

Maybe you clowns just needed to open your eyes?  He's been gaming on PC for years and years.

Just goes to show you guys don't know what you're talking about :blessed: 

Maybe y'all are the biggest clowns for defending it for so long and not opening your eyes for yourselves? Including you. :drake:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Maybe y'all are the biggest clowns for defending it for so long and not opening your eyes for yourselves? Including you. :drake:

Another stupid take proving you don't know what you're talking about.  I'm not, and never was a Lemming. :pavarotti:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Another stupid take proving you don't know what you're talking about.  I'm not, and never was a Lemming. :pavarotti:

Dipshitmij, you can’t save face on this one. :tom:

this is getting hit with a hard backlash online for no enemy variety, no biome variety, no dungeon variety, mediocre quests, and shit story/writing. not to mention the performance that makes it feel literally unfinished. just sounds like an overall average, janky, and samey experience.

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

this is getting hit with a hard backlash online for no enemy variety, no biome variety, no dungeon variety, mediocre quests, and shit story/writing. not to mention the performance that makes it feel literally unfinished. just sounds like an overall average, janky, and samey experience.

Yeah im actually seeing a lot of posts on GAF of people saying they straight up prefer Rise of The Ronin to DD2.

I guess I made the right choice.

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

lmfao..  probably from Playstation losers who want to tear the game down because it shits on their exclusive Rise of Seven :mj:

Dogma 2 = 88

Ronin = 76

:rofl:

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmfao..  probably from Playstation losers who want to tear the game down because it shits on their exclusive Rise of Seven :mj:

Dogma 2 = 88

Ronin = 76

:rofl:

I mean, can you refute any of those criticisms? doesn’t sound like it

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

I mean, can you refute any of those criticisms? doesn’t sound like it

Too busy having a blast with the game to give a shit what other people's criticisms are. 

You know what I'm not doing?  Going into threads about Rise of the Ronin and shitting on it while trying to justify my purchase of choosing another game over it.  That's because there's no threads about people enjoying Rise of the Ronin :pavarotti:

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Too busy having a blast with the game to give a shit what other people's criticisms are. 

You know what I'm not doing?  Going into threads about Rise of the Ronin and shitting on it while trying to justify my purchase of choosing another game over it.  That's because there's no threads about people enjoying Rise of the Ronin :pavarotti:

didn’t think so :reg: