I think we have to contextualize the above information.

Yes, in handheld mode, the Switch 2 seems to be around the PS4 before DLSS in terms of raw GPU performance.

However:

• Even in handheld mode, and even at lowish clocks, the ARM A78C cores run circles around the Jaguar cores in the PS4.
  • The ~10 GB of LPDDR5 at 7500 MT/s available to developers is 50% more RAM than the PS4 while also being ~50 faster than the RAM in the PS4
  • The UFS 3.1 storage completely destroys the old mechanical HDD in the PS4 in terms of I/O.
  • Even though the GPU in handheld mode may have a raw "TFLOP" number similar to the PS4 on paper, the reality is that this is an Ampere based GPU that will have extremely modern rendering techniques, features, etc, that are simply not even possible on the PS4 GPU.

Based on the above information, the Switch 2 will be significantly more capable than a PS4 even in handheld mode - and will approach Xbox Series S levels of capability while docked.

The main limitation of the Switch 2 will be its memory bandwidth relative to the Xbox Series X|S and PS5, which is probably why Nintendo went with 7500 MT/s RAM (which is basically as fast as it gets for mobile RAM). The I/O should be similar to Xbox Series X|S read and write speeds, especially since the Switch 2 also has a dedicated decompression engine (something else the PS4 lacked).

Its looking good, and I really do like stuff like magnetic joycons snapping, it shows that they're putting money into premium features from the very get-go.

The one thing I want to see is that it maintains that very slim, very slick form factor, and it'd be great if the joycons can be the only things that get thicker and deeper so that they can have deeper analog sticks and shoulder triggers.

I just wish that they would perfect the design by having an OLED screen available from the start. And ideally I really wish that Nintendo and nVidia would implement the best, most efficient version of g-sync so that the entire handheld experience is improved, because if there's one thing that handhelds need, its every type of GPU tech that helps games that run around 30fps be more tolerable for the user. It should have something like g-sync ultimate in which it works down to 20fps, or have a frame multiple to implement regular g-synce.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its looking good, and I really do like stuff like magnetic joycons snapping, it shows that they're putting money into premium features from the very get-go.

The one thing I want to see is that it maintains that very slim, very slick form factor, and it'd be great if the joycons can be the only things that get thicker and deeper so that they can have deeper analog sticks and shoulder triggers.

I just wish that they would perfect the design by having an OLED screen available from the start. And ideally I really wish that Nintendo and nVidia would implement the best, most efficient version of g-sync so that the entire handheld experience is improved, because if there's one thing that handhelds need, its every type of GPU tech that helps games that run around 30fps be more tolerable for the user. It should have something like g-sync ultimate in which it works down to 20fps, or have a frame multiple to implement regular g-synce.

They might launch with a basic and premium model right from the start. One LCD and less storage and the other with OLED and more storage. Cause why not? They had 2 WiiU SKUs from the start. And 2 switch SKUs but those were just different colors. I'd be really pissed off if they launched with LCD and then an OLED 6 months later. 

I wish ninty went back to dedicated home and portable hardware. It's very hard to get excited for such weak trash hardware.

10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I think we have to contextualize the above information.

Yes, in handheld mode, the Switch 2 seems to be around the PS4 before DLSS in terms of raw GPU performance.

However:

• Even in handheld mode, and even at lowish clocks, the ARM A78C cores run circles around the Jaguar cores in the PS4.
  • The ~10 GB of LPDDR5 at 7500 MT/s available to developers is 50% more RAM than the PS4 while also being ~50 faster than the RAM in the PS4
  • The UFS 3.1 storage completely destroys the old mechanical HDD in the PS4 in terms of I/O.
  • Even though the GPU in handheld mode may have a raw "TFLOP" number similar to the PS4 on paper, the reality is that this is an Ampere based GPU that will have extremely modern rendering techniques, features, etc, that are simply not even possible on the PS4 GPU.

Based on the above information, the Switch 2 will be significantly more capable than a PS4 even in handheld mode - and will approach Xbox Series S levels of capability while docked.

The main limitation of the Switch 2 will be its memory bandwidth relative to the Xbox Series X|S and PS5, which is probably why Nintendo went with 7500 MT/s RAM (which is basically as fast as it gets for mobile RAM). The I/O should be similar to Xbox Series X|S read and write speeds, especially since the Switch 2 also has a dedicated decompression engine (something else the PS4 lacked).

Lmfao told you. 

Sheep talking shit about Series S this entire time and now you are going to get a brand new Series S for $400.

TSHBFAR :tom:

8 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Lmfao told you. 

Sheep talking shit about Series S this entire time and now you are going to get a brand new Series S for $400.

TSHBFAR :tom:

It's a portable dip shit. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It's a portable dip shit. 

It's still a Series S, dumbass. 

Weaker than the Steamdeck. 

Nintendo, jack of all trades, master of none. 

Tshbfr :kaz:

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

It's still a Series S, dumbass. 

Weaker than the Steamdeck. 

Nintendo, jack of all trades, master of none. 

Tshbfr :kaz:

Series S is stronger than a Steam Deck genius and so is switch 2 based on these specs. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Series S is stronger than a Steam Deck genius and so is switch 2 based on these specs. 

In dock mode it will be Series S, Ps4 in undocked, hence my comment, you fucking idiot. :kaz:

Enjoy Series S in 2025 for $400.

Lmfao fucking sheep are stupid as fuck. 

Edited by MalaXmaS

When best case scenario is worse than series s and worst case scenerio is slightly better ps4. That's lose lose 

10 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

In dock mode it will be Series S, Ps4 in undocked, hence my comment, you fucking idiot. :kaz:

Enjoy Series S in 2025 for $400.

Lmfao fucking sheep are stupid as fuck. 

I see reading is not your strong point. 

Ue5 games basically will be skipping Ditch 2. Or will we once again be getting 240p resolutions. Meh.

At least the 37th mario and Zelda game will look nice. Mario Kart 65 at full 1080p resolution ehh

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

Ue5 games basically will be skipping Ditch 2. Or will we once again be getting 240p resolutions. Meh.

At least the 37th mario and Zelda game will look nice. Mario Kart 65 at full 1080p resolution ehh

There hasn't been a new Mario Kart in 10 years. There has been 11 COD games in the same time period. 

Edited by Cooke
35 minutes ago, Cooke said:

There hasn't been a new Mario Kart in 10 years. There has been 11 COD games in the same time period. 

There will be a new mk for Ditch 2. Much like Activision and cod , we know exactly what we are going to get from nintonto and Ditch 2. The same old shit.