It's insane to think we're nearly 20 years out from the PS360 gen.

So much happened. Modern 3D graphics (although outdated by today's standards) last GTA game that gen, Sony thinking they could launch a console for Fi-hundred and ninety nine US dollars and then butchering the launch (before Kaz entered beast mode). Nintendo broke free and did its own thing. Big rise of online game and achievements. DLC. Stores on consoles. 

Started with the 360 launch nearly 20 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, David P said:

2006 E3 was fucking awesome. 599$ price tag broke the internet. 

2005 E3 was quite something, Sony showed off nothing but tech demos including one of FFVII and let's not forget Killzone 2. :killzone:

Sony's 2006 was truly abismal, MS buttslapped then till they recovered in early 09 with Killzone 2 and then GT5 in 2010.

Crazy to think back to then they could release a console with basically nothing but shitty games but now it's a normal thing. 

I remember the Wii and the shitty ported games. 

Sheep trying so hard to talk about gameplay over graphics. 

2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Demons Souls and Uncharted 2 the same year turned the gen around for Sony. 

Nobody saw Demon Souls coming, honestly, I remember seeing lemmings laugh at it for being some niche JRPG adventure game from at the time not exactly a top developer. I'll admit I wasn't that convinced. Nobody saw what it would go on to become. 

4 hours ago, Cell said:

Nobody saw Demon Souls coming, honestly, I remember seeing lemmings laugh at it for being some niche JRPG adventure game from at the time not exactly a top developer. I'll admit I wasn't that convinced. Nobody saw what it would go on to become. 

i hated it lol. cool atmosphere, but i had no idea what i was doing. man, things have changed.