Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted from digital stores on December 15, 2024, due to licensing issues. Will remain playable

This has always been a thing. It's even the case with physical games. When those licenses expire they have to pull it from shelves, and if they want to keep selling it they either have to relicense the music or put new music in it.

I remember this is far back as Crazy Taxi.

Edited by DynamiteCop
56 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This has always been a thing. It's even the case with physical games. When those licenses expire they have to pull it from shelves, and if they want to keep selling it they either have to relicense the music or put new music in it.

Which is why every single Gran Turismo game besides GT7 has been delisted and/or removed from the new retail market.

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Physical games when the license is about to expire it goes on fire sale before that. 

Something I take into consideration when collecting now. Licensed stuff gain value once they disappear from store front. Sometime it's not the music, just the license of the game property itself, publishers don't hold rights eternally to third party licenses. Although it can take a very long time and contracts can be renewed/extended. 

On 2024-06-26 at 6:01 PM, -GD-X said:

It’s worth owning just for Odesza’s A Moment Apart at the title screen :dreamy:

The FH series hits it peak with FH3 tbh

33 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The FH series hits it peak with FH3 tbh

well yeah, 4 and 5 just added more of the same. though, i still have a soft spot for 2. it's probably my favorite one.