IGN: Ally X is the best handheld gaming PC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it fucking isn't   They said "best Windows 11 based" handheld PC dude.. 

IGN literally called it the steam deck killer 

Imagine a Strix Halo APU in a next gen Steam Deck. 

Posted Images

Their conclusion said:

"The fact is, if you want a handheld gaming PC that’ll run all of your PC games right out of the box, you’re going to need one of these Windows devices. The Asus ROG Ally X is the best one right now"

39 minutes ago, Tainted said:

Their conclusion said:

"The fact is, if you want a handheld gaming PC that’ll run all of your PC games right out of the box, you’re going to need one of these Windows devices. The Asus ROG Ally X is the best one right now"

Their conclusion is that Windows sucks for handhelds.. they even dedicated a section to it. :tom:

So what's more important?.... being able to play ALL your games on the device... which nobody does.... or actually having the right experience for a handheld for pretty much all your games?

Steam Deck is far better.  Better screen with the OLED, better experience overall, less hassle. IGN are retarded too.. so keep that in mind. :hest:

if this hits $599, it would be a no-brainer for someone looking into one of these machines.

but i'll be sticking with the SD OLED until SD 2 drops.

2 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I just don’t understand why anyone would want to play PC games at low settings for $500+

Because on a small screen low settings can still look damn good.  I mean you play Switch.. handhelds have different expectations.  Why wouldn't someone want to play their PC library portably instead of buying a "console handheld"? And you don't need to play everything on low settings on these devices.  You can easily do medium/high in most games outside of the latest ones.

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

Because on a small screen low settings can still look damn good.  I mean you play Switch.. handhelds have different expectations.  Why wouldn't someone want to play their PC library portably instead of buying a "console handheld"? And you don't need to play everything on low settings on these devices.  You can easily do medium/high in most games outside of the latest ones.

yeah, i ran elden ring on mostly high settings. i was able to keep 40-45 fps, which is pretty sweet at 90hz. the switch would blow up trying to run it.

5 hours ago, Remij said:

Their conclusion is that Windows sucks for handhelds.. they even dedicated a section to it. :tom:

So what's more important?.... being able to play ALL your games on the device... which nobody does.... or actually having the right experience for a handheld for pretty much all your games?

Steam Deck is far better.  Better screen with the OLED, better experience overall, less hassle. IGN are retarded too.. so keep that in mind. :hest:

Lol at this damage control. The reviewer mentions some windows issues but still declares that the Ally is the best PC handheld. Period.

Also remember when you said I should emulate Jeanne D' Arc on my Ally instead on playing it on PS5? Well I recently realized that I could install the PS Remote Play app on my Ally and easily stream the PS5 version of the game directly to it. Getting all the benefits of a portable format + it being the best version of the game

Can you do with the Deck? Nope :lul:  Windows still offers so much more than SteamOS.

• Like 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Lol at this damage control. The reviewer mentions some windows issues but still declares that the Ally is the best PC handheld. Period.

Also remember when you said I should emulate Jeanne D' Arc on my Ally instead on playing it on PS5? Well I recently realized that I could install the PS Remote Play app on my Ally and easily stream that version of the game directly to my Ally.

Can you do with the Deck? Nope :lul:  SteamOS is too limited 

Dedicated a section specifically to it sucking for handhelds :tom: 

And yes, you can stream your PS5 to the Steam Deck... lmfao :drake: 

Oh and if you look at the comments for that article.. everyone is like "no thanks I'll stick with my Steam Deck until the Steam Deck 2 comes", not to mention bringing up Asus' shitty repair practices and the MicroSD card issues which still haven't been addressed :hest: 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Oh and if you look at the comments for that article.. everyone is like "no thanks I'll stick with my Steam Deck until the Steam Deck 2 comes", not to mention bringing up Asus' shitty repair practices and the MicroSD card issues which still haven't been addressed :hest: 

image.png.68725651863485a3799b272fac075991.png

IGN literally called it the steam deck killer :dead2:

• dead 2
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

image.png.68725651863485a3799b272fac075991.png

IGN literally called it the steam deck killer :dead2:

LMFAO not even by the same person who did the review... and LOL at this:

image.thumb.png.935a04e227038da1f70ec2574adff3aa.png

:rofl: :rofls:   

Dude STOP.  This shit is pure paid promotion.  Read the fucking comments :hest: 

14 hours ago, Remij said:

Switch games aren’t on PC

whole point of PC is having the greatest hardware and graphics …. 

• NPC 1
50 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Nintendo charges you a subscription to play games from 1993.

1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

There are many reasons to go the PC route. Its biggest is having the largest library of games. Also, PC titles cost less, have incredible mod communities and the emulation scene is massive. But yeah, for enthusiasts, PC gaming offers the best visuals and performance. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

That doesn't matter.  PC gets tons of games that aren't on Swith too.

And nah, that's not the whole point of PC.. its part of it.  The other parts include mods, backwards compatibility, shopping where you want, being able to tune games to your preference/hardware, controller customization, multitasking, and so on.

The PC.. and by extension, the Steam and Steam Deck community are undoubtedly the top gaming community out there.  I could list tons of reasons, but will have to wait until I'm not at work lol

• Like 1

Twinkie has been fighting this fight for 3 years now. It only took him buying what, 3-4 handhelds before his finally got his Steamdeck killer he always wanted? :shrug:

Money well spent TB, money well spent...