2 hours of gameplay from the Wolverine game leaked online

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Everyone on gaf who saw it said it looks boring af.

I’ve seen some leaked footage and those are my thoughts as well. It doesn’t look that great… it looks like Spider-man with Wolverine except he jumps around buildings and shit to get around instead of slinging webs.

Maybe Insomniac should move on from being a super hero game factory and make a new or revisit another IP. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Resistance or even remaster/remake them to today’s standards.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Everyone on gaf who saw it said it looks boring af.

It's not even alpha ffs.. it's a cobbled together mess made to run on PC... 

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I’ve seen some leaked footage and those are my thoughts as well. It doesn’t look that great… it looks like Spider-man with Wolverine except he jumps around buildings and shit to get around instead of slinging webs.

Maybe Insomniac should move on from being a super hero game factory and make a new or revisit another IP. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Resistance or even remaster/remake them to today’s standards.

I thought the same thing when I saw some of the footage, but it's old stuff man.  Probably using assets and animations from Spider-man for testing.  I'm sure Insomniac are aware of the perception of "reskinning Spider-Man" and will have it's own style of play and feel.

At least I'd hope so.

But you're right, Insomniac really do need a break from the super hero stuff and get back to making new IP/bringing back their old IPs.  Unfortunately we know most of their plan already and unless things have changed.. it's Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Ratchet for the next 4+ years lol 

• Upvote 3
Just now, Remij said:

I thought the same thing when I saw some of the footage, but it's old stuff man.  Probably using assets and animations from Spider-man for testing.  I'm sure Insomniac are aware of the perception of "reskinning Spider-Man" and will have it's own style of play and feel.

At least I'd hope so.

But you're right, Insomniac really do need a break from the super hero stuff and get back to making new IP/bringing back their old IPs.  Unfortunately we know most of their plan already and unless things have changed.. it's Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Ratchet for the next 4+ years lol 

💯

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

At least I'd hope so.

Damn, I totally forgot about the leaked release schedule. :D Hopefully they mix it up a bit.

17 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not even alpha ffs.. it's a cobbled together mess made to run on PC... 

People aren't commenting on the graphics though. The gameplay aspects are the first things worked on and those make the game look boring so far.

while i didn't care for sunset overdrive, at least it was something different. tbh i rather try a sunset overdrive 2 than a wolverine game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
On 2024-07-26 at 12:22 PM, -GD-X said:

i still haven't played spiderman 2 lol. i'm superhero'd out.

I played a few hours of it and i just realized i still own a ps5 😂

Last time i turned it on was for Alan Wake

Edited by poopy_butt
On 2024-07-26 at 11:59 AM, Twinblade said:

:D how is this possible 

can't post the footage as it was taken down and I haven't found a mirror yet

It's very possible. There's actually a huge community of hackers that do their best to "mine" leaked content aka hacking. The hit the movie/gaming/tv/music sector often to randsome off or sell to collectors on line. Obviously different content has different situations. I'm sure getting a song is way easier than a game or partial movie. 

I'm going to post this here because it does somewhat pertain to the hacking of Insomniac and the amount of damage it can do.  When the Wolverine stuff leaked, so too obviously did a PC dev build of Spider-Man 2.  Initially they released a cobbled together build of it and it was extremely janky and missing graphical effects and placeholder shit.  The typical dev build stuff.  But some Brazilian modders have been slowly putting it all together and making it workable.. and as pathetic as it is that they're wasting/putting in all this effort to make an unofficial build of the game, it's actually also somewhat quite impressive how polished its getting and how close it is to the PS5 version now in places.

Which is to say, that even though this Wolverine dev stuff is not even close to representative of the product that will release when its done, it's still incredibly damaging and also has probably provided groups with tons of info on potential mechanics and so on, and these modders polishing this shit up into something that works on PC can allow companies to rip off their ideas before Insomniac can even reveal them.  It's a shame. 

Here's a comparison vid of how close SM2 unofficial build is now to the PS5 version.