Stalker 2 is 25fps on Series S and devs are currently struggling to optimize it

:hest: Series Potato strikes again....

WebSite: “I think the Xbox Series S is the most difficult platform to optimize, because it's weaker than the others.”

Slava Lukyanenka: “In our case, it's quite feasible. On Xbox Series X, we have two modes available. One is Performance Mode, where the game runs at 60 FPS and with slightly different graphics than Quality Mode, which looks amazing with all the reflections and textures in high resolution, but runs at 30 FPS. We're trying to achieve a similar experience on Xbox Series S by combining these two approaches.”

Website: “Does this mean that the game will run at 30 FPS on Xbox Series S with the same settings as the 60 FPS mode on Xbox Series X?”

Slava Lukyanenka: “Not yet. So far, we're running at around 25 FPS on Xbox Series S, but we still have room to optimize.”

https://wccftech.com/stalker-2-gamescom-qa-gsc-game-world-talks-about-the-final-rush-to-launch/

IMG_1089.JPG.fa0261862f855a6be556bb92b8457ce7.JPG

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

0 FPS on PS5 :mroff:

As you day about the vast number of "Xcluded" games...

I'd rather not play this at all than play it on Shitbox :tom:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

What part of 'we still have room to optimize' did you interpret as them struggling to optimize?

It’s more of a “how much more do we have to compromise” thing.

On 2024-08-30 at 6:30 PM, Playstation Tablet said:

Statistically most lemmings own a Series S. Imagine how much better the PS5 Pro will be that most gamer cows will get. 

lmfao. you would think they all jerk off to the most powerful console on this planet yet most of them just hide behind stutter turd :kaz: 

this thing is easy one of the worst things that happened to vidja, I read that warhorse studios working on kingdom cum deliverance sequel had to reduce the size of the map because of this trash can and now the game will "only" be about 25% bigger in size. (not really an issue for this game but still) 

19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This is pretty strange tbh. They can get the game working at 60FPS on the Series X, but can't get half the framerate on the Series S? The S is junk but its not that bad.

yea breh, i bet that S is more powerful than your pc :kaz: :kaz:  the fuck you talking about this thing is already dead, devs struggling to work with that garbage... Im honestly mad when i think about the absolute mess cdpr had to go through with cybers running on it lol