Selling my PS5

The time has come to abandon Playstation hardware and sell my PS5.

I've got a gaming PC in the living room, a gaming-capable laptop, and the Steam Deck. Buying one game that plays on all 3 machines (with cloud saves) destroys just the PS5 in the living room. I don't have many digital purchases on PSN, and I will never pay $80/yr to play games online. Where I used to look at PS3 and PS4 games as the gold standard, now I value Steam much more and try not to buy games on Playstation. I've barely even used my PS5 since beating God of War Ragnarok, and that game is on Steam too (not to mention PS4).

If Sony had anything to offer for the rest of 2024, I'd probably just hold onto the PS5. But since we won't get another significant exclusive until Death Stranding 2 (guaranteed to come to PC), now is the time to sell.

I defended Playstation through the difficult PS3 launch period, but this is by far the worst time to be a cow. Peace.

Edited by sugarhigh
49 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

system wars is over. playstation won, but now we don't need consoles anymore.

Lol you might not. People like the convenience of consoles. You guys also underestimate how little normies care about the nonsense you guys obsess over. 

The average person playing their Xbox game isn't worrying about a 2 frame per second advantage/disadvantage of the Playstation. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol you might not. People like the convenience of consoles. You guys also underestimate how little normies care about the nonsense you guys obsess over. 

The average person playing their Xbox game isn't worrying about a 2 frame per second advantage/disadvantage of the Playstation. 

the average person isn't buying xbox.

i also like the convenience of consoles. valve is getting there.

On 2024-09-15 at 6:26 PM, Twinblade said:

Lol at not being able to play GOTG Stranding 2 at launch.

don't worry man, you will be walking but I will catch up real fast because I will be running :kaz:  

• Geese 1

I feel yah.

I got my Series X on my room, playing DA2 and other Xbox classic while my PS5 is only used for racing games, while I get my PC soon, and then, I'll be getting rid of it.

I just don't like the direction that Sony is taking in general.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Lol well put.

Finally winning a competition when no one cares anymore and many are just moving to PC lmao.

You cared when Xflop One X and Xflop Series Xcluded got announced. Glad you can now understand that Xbox is dead. :juggle: Another console laid to rest by PlayStation.

Dreamcast - Dead

Xbox - Dying/Dead

:glad:

• aitch 1