Digital Foundry - Silent Hill 2 PC analysis - #Stutterstruggle #UE5wasamistake

Just now, Twinblade said:

What are you talking about? I literally just said I picked reviews from the PS5 version specifically, not ones where they played the PC version.

What do you mean what am I talking about? :drake: 

I said most reviewers don't even mention stuttering in their PC reviews... why the fuck are you acting like they're going to mention them in the PS5 reviews?  You saying you picked some reviews and none mentioned stutter... well I can do the exact same thing with the PC version..  It doesn't mean they don't exist.  Digital Foundry literally measured them.. and they're just as big as they are on PC in many cases.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

0 fps on Xflop  

Unreal Engine hasn't been focused on PC since UE3 and Gears of War launched      

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, I believe Dynamite's point was that they're not exactly saying it performs equivalent to a 4070.. they're saying it gives the feeling of upgrading from a 3070, or 3070Ti to a 4070, because it has more features.  Basically it's capable of PSSR where the base PS5 isn't.. and 4070's are capable of DLSS3 and 3.5 Ray Reconstruction where the 30 series isn't.

Time will tell.  I think I said before that ~4070 is where I'd expect it.  Some games will be lower depending on what they stress, and other more optimized PS5 games will do better. 

Take that up with Richard from DF. 

"when you take a holistic look at all the components, the enhanced ray tracing no AMD GPU has that at the moment.  The machine learning block, no AMD GPU has that at the moment..... The closest equivalent is a 4070". 

For a mid gen refresh, the GPU in PS5 PRO is a huge upgrade over the base consoles.  Trying to downplay that by Dynomtecop is silly.

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Take that up with Richard from DF. 

"when you take a holistic look at all the components, the enhanced ray tracing no AMD GPU has that at the moment.  The machine learning block, no AMD GPU has that at the moment..... The closest equivalent is a 4070". 

For a mid gem refresh, the GPU in PS5 PRO is a huge upgrade over the base consoles.  Trying to downplay that by Dynomtecop is silly.

I'm not taking anything up with him, because I'm basing it off exactly what was said in that quote, and I agree with it.  My issue is your interpretation of it.  He's not saying they're equivalent.. he's saying it's the same type of feeling of upgrading.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm not taking anything up with him, because I'm basing it off exactly what was said in that quote, and I agree with it.  My issue is your interpretation of it.  He's not saying they're equivalent.. he's saying it's the same type of feeling of upgrading.

The feeling of upgrading is a different quote.  That's not what I posted. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The feeling of upgrading is a different quote.  That's not what I posted. 

Oh, ok I'm not referring to anything other than that specific quote, so if you're talking about something different, I have no opinion on that. :fblike: 

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

What do you mean what am I talking about? :drake: 

I said most reviewers don't even mention stuttering in their PC reviews... why the fuck are you acting like they're going to mention them in the PS5 reviews?  You saying you picked some reviews and none mentioned stutter... well I can do the exact same thing with the PC version..  It doesn't mean they don't exist.  Digital Foundry literally measured them.. and they're just as big as they are on PC in many cases.

SH2 is more enjoyable on PS5 than PC. Accept it and move on already.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

SH2 is more enjoyable on PS5 than PC. Accept it and move on already.

No it isn't.  Accept that DF said it's got the same issues, and that at least on PC they show how you can fix them :lul: 

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

No it isn't.  Accept that DF said it's got the same issues, and that at least on PC they show how you can fix them :lul: 

He is so mad about his 3070ti lmao

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Dude's had a grudge against PC ever since :pavarotti: 

Funny part is his PC would play this significantly better lol