The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Starting to give LOS a chance. What this Castlevania game lacks in originality, it makes up for in entertainment. I like the SOTC type boss battles. I have also encountered a few cool puzzles.

how much is going for now? i was gonna buy it at launch and never did :(

Like ten bucks
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Starting to give LOS a chance. What this Castlevania game lacks in originality, it makes up for in entertainment. I like the SOTC type boss battles. I have also encountered a few cool puzzles.

The game really picks up when you're at the Vampires castle.

Have you gotten SS yet? Game owns hard.

Lol..reinstalled Batman: Arkham Asymul for notebooks benchmark I do for ASUS, played 15 minutes, wrote the benchmark articles, then went back and played through the whole damn game :D And when I was done I've rewatched Batman Begins and Dark Knight :D Played through Modern Warfare 3 campaign, suprisingly good, not on Black Ops, but very fun while it lasted. Now playing Skyrim untill I get Anno 2070 review copy.

nah. i'm not that far. only at the end of chapter 2 (i think).

game leaves a good first impression but it just drags on and on.

i will just quit if i get bored. it wouldn't be the first time i've done that (actually i do it quite often).

i will just quit if i get bored. it wouldn't be the first time i've done that (actually i do it quite often).

i found the game to drag a bit in the beginning, but then i found myself playing it non stop after killing the vampire lord. the last titan was really cool too and the ending was a big WTF :happysad: Edited by -SK-

Broke out my Playstation Move Sharpshooter and played through the first part of Dead Space Extraction and the demo of Time Crisis: Razing Storm DSE works relatively well, but it's an on-rails shooter more in the vain of Umbrella Chronicles than House of the Dead, it's also got a pretty shocking lack of options and tweaks, so you have a pretty fixed experience. I'm judging too early, but part of my goal today was to find a traditional on rails shooter for my terrifically designed sharpshooter to make use of. Time Crisis: Razing Storm was definitely a step closer, given the format, pretty simple: point, shoot, press x to shield yourself and it replenishes ammo. Problem is, as with many wiimote/move shooters, it insists on a reticule. Not sure if this is possible to turn off in the full version, but it always annoys me, it takes me out of the frantic experience. Maybe if it was a single red dot for a laser sight, I might get behind it. But just give me the Overkill option of turning reticule's off, especially since Move's accuracy is far better. Also I'd really love to see Namco make a Time Crisis HD Trilogy release for the PS3 that uses Playstation move. Too much of a stretch to ask for?

been playing a shit load of skyward sword, just beat the mining facility. good god the level design is absolutely genius. There were so many times I was stuck and had to think through many things. It's like the whole surface world feels like a giant dungeon before you actually enter the real dungeon, it just blends together so well. From what I've played so far the boss battles feel so much more satisfying and are quite challenging, along with the epic music :love: this is probably the most challenging zelda game to date as well, I barely made it out alive in some of the boss fights, and i've died more times in this game then all of the other 3D zelda games combined. they've also ramped up the overall presentation of the game quite a bit as well, characters don't feel as dry like the previous games (though it's pretty corny/gay in the beginning, the writing is pretty funny imo) and most characters serve a purpose, even if minor, whether it be for a side quest or main, sort of like majora's mask. the graphics are really well done too. they may seem shitty in screenshots, but when you're actually playing it looks really nice. Lots of blending of colours, the background looks like a flat 2D oil/pastel/water painting, then as you slowly move towards them you the image slowly turns into a 3D environmental. The upgrading system is a nice feat too, you can't always use your shield to defend since it'll break off if it takes too many hits (the first iron shield i got was demolished in 5 or 6 hits) makes for a nice challenge when in combat since you have to hit the enemy precisely and also having to worry about counter attacks or even normal attacks. There are so many things to do in this game besides the main quest, I'm only 15 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface; from all the side quests to collecting materials to upgrade your weapons, to gaining gems to turn this demon spawn into a human, etc etc etc. Also the motion controls are almost perfect, there were a few instances where I would try to stab but I end up swiping horizontally though after recalibrating the controller it worked flawlessly. For items it works perfectly, using the slingshot, bombs, etc work perfectly. You can position the remote anywhere you want and recenter the crosshair on the screen to make it more flexible and fast. Basically if you wanted a new fresh Zelda, this is it. Easily my GOTY, game is a blast to play.

Edited by -SK-

been playing a shit load of skyward sword, just beat the mining facility. good god the level design is absolutely genius. There were so many times I was stuck and had to think through many things. It's like the whole surface world feels like a giant dungeon before you actually enter the real dungeon, it just blends together so well.

From what I've played so far the boss battles feel so much more satisfying and are quite challenging, along with the epic music :love: this is probably the most challenging zelda game to date as well, I barely made it out alive in some of the boss fights, and i've died more times in this game then all of the other 3D zelda games combined. they've also ramped up the overall presentation of the game quite a bit as well, characters don't feel as dry like the previous games (though it's pretty corny/gay in the beginning, the writing is pretty funny imo) and most characters serve a purpose, even if minor, whether it be for a side quest or main, sort of like majora's mask. the graphics are really well done too. they may seem shitty in screenshots, but when you're actually playing it looks really nice. Lots of blending of colours, the background looks like a flat 2D oil/pastel/water painting, then as you slowly move towards them you the image slowly turns into a 3D environmental. The upgrading system is a nice feat too, you can't always use your shield to defend since it'll break off if it takes too many hits (the first iron shield i got was demolished in 5 or 6 hits) makes for a nice challenge when in combat since you have to hit the enemy precisely and also having to worry about counter attacks or even normal attacks. There are so many things to do in this game besides the main quest, I'm only 15 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface; from all the side quests to collecting materials to upgrade your weapons, to gaining gems to turn this demon spawn into a human, etc etc etc.

Also the motion controls are almost perfect, there were a few instances where I would try to stab but I end up swiping horizontally though after recalibrating the controller it worked flawlessly. For items it works perfectly, using the slingshot, bombs, etc work perfectly. You can position the remote anywhere you want and recenter the crosshair on the screen to make it more flexible and fast.

Basically if you wanted a new fresh Zelda, this is it. Easily my GOTY, game is a blast to play.

Damn that sounds awesome

Finished off Vanquish today, I was only about 9 acts away from finishing where I left off.

Was fun, it's certainly a game banking on you investing more time into replaying it and going for better scores. Felt it's trial and error design flaws got in the way of score chasing, but maybe it was going for the hard lesson about how to succeed.

I've got about 40/50 of the Sonic Racing achievements, so I'm getting back into my backlog of games, not sure what to pick back up next. Possible Brotherhood.