The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

i'd like to hear some downpour impressions. that game has garnered a lot of mixed reactions.

Ditto.

I really want to play it but $60 is asking a lot and there aren't any local rental services nearby that I know of. Waiting for a price cut. ;(

I played through the first five hours of The Last Story. - The two main leads are cliches. The guy's a boyscout who lost his parents, and the girl's a princess who's being forced to marry a fop and she wants to lead her own life and see the world. The cast is likable though. And there aren't any corny comic relief characters or pedo characters. - The combat's super easy, and there's not much to it. - The graphics are really blurry and the texture work is often really low-res, but I like the art direction a lot. - It uses some junk gameplay conventions like pixel hunts (although here it's just pausing the action and making you look around the environment to find an object that's the next plot point), and "talk to everyone" event triggers. - It's very linear. - No puzzles so far. - The plot is the usual magical medieval political power struggle so far. But it moves at a nice. I'm making the game sound worse than it is. It's fine for what it is. I'm just burned out on the genre.

Halfway through Mass Effect 3 - Bioware level design kinda sucks, most of the side missions revolve around a small level with multiple repeating sections where a)you have to turn on/off, retrieve something or protect something for a determined time until extraction. B) enemies spawning out of nowhere is really annoying. - Dream sequences suck ass, stop. - Not having the choice to change armor before heading to mission is not good design, we are able to change loadout and skills but not armor :Jeff: - The loading times in the Normandy are really annoying, all that shit should be in one room, I dont care about the having an actual weapons bench if I have to load floors every single time, just give me a virtual desk at that point right next to the war room and space map. On the handheld end, I finished Knights in the Nightmare, next Suikoden DS

I played through the first five hours of The Last Story.

- The two main leads are cliches. The guy's a boyscout who lost his parents, and the girl's a princess who's being forced to marry a fop and she wants to lead her own life and see the world. The cast is likable though. And there aren't any corny comic relief characters or pedo characters.

- The combat's super easy, and there's not much to it.

- The graphics are really blurry and the texture work is often really low-res, but I like the art direction a lot.

- It uses some junk gameplay conventions like pixel hunts (although here it's just pausing the action and making you look around the environment to find an object that's the next plot point), and "talk to everyone" event triggers.

- It's very linear.

- No puzzles so far.

- The plot is the usual magical medieval political power struggle so far. But it moves at a nice.

I'm making the game sound worse than it is. It's fine for what it is. I'm just burned out on the genre.

I stopped playing about 7 hours in. I liked it but it didn't grab me as much as other games I had access to at the time.

I played through the first five hours of The Last Story.

- The two main leads are cliches. The guy's a boyscout who lost his parents, and the girl's a princess who's being forced to marry a fop and she wants to lead her own life and see the world. The cast is likable though. And there aren't any corny comic relief characters or pedo characters.

- The combat's super easy, and there's not much to it.

- The graphics are really blurry and the texture work is often really low-res, but I like the art direction a lot.

- It uses some junk gameplay conventions like pixel hunts (although here it's just pausing the action and making you look around the environment to find an object that's the next plot point), and "talk to everyone" event triggers.

- It's very linear.

- No puzzles so far.

- The plot is the usual magical medieval political power struggle so far. But it moves at a nice.

I'm making the game sound worse than it is. It's fine for what it is. I'm just burned out on the genre.

I stopped playing about 7 hours in. I liked it but it didn't grab me as much as other games I had access to at the time.

same :ben:

Guest Golem

After finishing Arkham City, I can't myself away from completing the riddler trophies. Good news is they're better than Asylum's and way more interesting than the fucking feathers and flags in Assassin's Creed. Bought the DLC bundle pack, and my god, Robin and NightWing are bad ass in challenge mode! I actually prefer their melee combat over Batman himself. Robin is practically Rolento with his explosives and cane. I know I'm late but, besides playing Deus Ex HR, I'm pretty confident in saying this is probably my game of the year for 2011.

Fired up Diablo 2 and power lvl'd a Bowazon to 50

Bring on Diablo 3 :spincool:

Damn boi, I've been dishing out pain with the Barbarian. Getting ready for Diablo III.

Barbarians are not too bad. They can use pretty much any melee weapon. What sucks is the last time I played one I kept finding weapons and armor with pally only bonuses ;(