The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

What I absolutely love is the atmosphere. It's hard to explain, but the fantasy setting has a sense of realism to it, if that makes sense. certain areas actually feel dirty and old. The elves look just like regular people, just with pointy ears. None of that Disney shit. I loved how the first city I visited, when leaving the boat, had public executions right when I got there. I can't wait to get home later to play more.

Lmao wait til the intro for Ch 2, shit is CRAAZYYY

Well that's goof to hear. The prologue was great, but I'm finding chapter 1 to be a bit boring, so far. Fetch this.. Speak to him... And so forth. I'm now about to assemble that mongoose potion ( I can't find one of the ingredients though). Im glad to hear it picks up in pace.
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

i can't beleive you find the game fetchy, IMO its one of the least "fetch" things RPG out there, in the sense that missions always have an element to spice things up and keep things interesting (even quests that are actually about fetching stuff). also, you don't have to make the potion for the kayran fight, nor the trap, its just so you are better prepared for it

Ah ok. because I was getting a little turned off when they said I had to assemble the mongoose potion (which wasn't hard, but I don't like assembling stuff) what's the easiest way to kill this enemy? He whooped my ass the first time I got to him.

mmm its a bit tricky, you use the trap spell in one of its arms and then chop it, do it three times and then you run towards it and do a qte

its just about learning its pattern and using Quen

I don't remember the tutorial and traps. I just have the mini dagger. Do I buy the traps? Or do I assemble them? I knew I should have started playing this game over the weekend and not after a day of shitty work. My memory goes to shit after 12+ hours of work.

mmm its a bit tricky, you use the trap spell in one of its arms and then chop it, do it three times and then you run towards it and do a qte

I don't remember the tutorial and traps. I just have the mini dagger. Do I buy the traps? Or do I assemble them? I knew I should have started playing this game over the weekend and not after a day of shitty work. My memory goes to shit after 12+ hours of work.

The trap spell is one of your magic spells. Traps are either bought or crafted by other blacksmiths

The trap spell is one of your magic spells. Traps are either bought or crafted by other blacksmiths

Well that makes sense why I couldn't find them lol. Fuck, I suck at these games. The vibe is so good, that I want to really give it a chance.

i remember the game having some of the most frustrating bosses ever. im not looking forward to the kraken fight at all. also, i just realized that the PC version didn't have that added intro that summed up the original story's. what the hell? im starting to think that half of the supposed additions were just completely left out of the PC EE.

Edited by Twinblade

i remember the game having some of the most frustrating bosses ever. im not looking forward to the kraken fight at all.

also, i just realized that the PC version didn't have that added intro that summed up the original story's. what the hell? im starting to think that half of the supposed additions were just completely left out of the PC EE.

you are playing this on pc after all the shit about the 360 version being the definitive one :reg:

i can't beleive you find the game fetchy, IMO its one of the least "fetch" things RPG out there, in the sense that missions always have an element to spice things up and keep things interesting (even quests that are actually about fetching stuff).

also, you don't have to make the potion for the kayran fight, nor the trap, its just so you are better prepared for it

Agreed. I hate fetch quests but this games fetch quests are awesome.

Well that makes sense why I couldn't find them lol. Fuck, I suck at these games. The vibe is so good, that I want to really give it a chance.

Don't you hear that chick screaming "USE DA YRDEN WITCHA" like every two mins during that fight? :ben:

i can't beleive you find the game fetchy, IMO its one of the least "fetch" things RPG out there, in the sense that missions always have an element to spice things up and keep things interesting (even quests that are actually about fetching stuff).

also, you don't have to make the potion for the kayran fight, nor the trap, its just so you are better prepared for it

Agreed. I hate fetch quests but this games fetch quests are awesome.

Don't you hear that chick screaming "USE DA YRDEN WITCHA" like every two mins during that fight? :ben:

Oh that's what she's saying lol

Why is Triss sounding "American" a problem? I never understood the obsession with having British accents in a fantasy setting. Geralt doesn't sound British either.

Booted up my old Witcher 2 save and I'm naked without weapons in Flotsam. I have no memory of this and I want my swords back, help? :ben:

:kaz:

think you did the mission where you got tanked with the dyke bitch from the racist gang. you gotta go talk to her. i tried to sex her up. didnt work.

You can actually get with her later (in Chapter 2), if you do a side quest.

i remember the game having some of the most frustrating bosses ever. im not looking forward to the kraken fight at all.

also, i just realized that the PC version didn't have that added intro that summed up the original story's. what the hell? im starting to think that half of the supposed additions were just completely left out of the PC EE.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the bonus content :]
Guest Golem

Anybody play the XBLA Castlevania game?

Harmony of Despair? its an awesome MP game but i doubt anyone plays it anymore. Theres a SP component but its boring as hell.

Think my friend would play it with me, so MP should be alright. I'm guessing it's not the traditional experience

Anybody play the XBLA Castlevania game?

Harmony of Despair? its an awesome MP game but i doubt anyone plays it anymore. Theres a SP component but its boring as hell.

Think my friend would play it with me, so MP should be alright. I'm guessing it's not the traditional experience

its basically castlevania meets diablo.

theres only like 6 levels so the game is pretty short, but upgrading each character and collecting new loot is really addicting. i put a lot of hours into it.

but i always played with 4 or 5 others, so im not sure how fun it would be with 2 people.

Edited by Twinblade