The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Probably gonna cop Rainbow Moon now. Although Gungnir just came out and I wanna cop that too for my Vita.

Twinblade, make up my mind for me.

:ben:

:|

i think it depends on what mood you're in. Rainbow Moon is a mechanically simple game with very short battles. If sting's past games are any indication than gungnir is the exact opposite of that.

that's what I thought about RM when I saw videos. I also hear there's a shitload of grinding. I think I'll get Gungnir and complete the series. With every new game the gameplay becomes more complex, and the story gets worse. It's really weird. Riviera will always remain the GOAT.

:bow:

i usually don't care for reviews but Gungnir has been getting panned pretty hard, even by sites that praised Riviera and KITN.

edit: about to start ys origin. which character should i pick?

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Damn that was an epic battle with the griffin in the tower with all that lightning going :wow: Lmao during the sidequests in the beginning I brought back this dudes book then he showed up during the fight and learned some secret art from the book and helped me roast the griffin, this game.

finished enslaved, and im surprised by how good it was. Now i kinda want to play heavenly sword.

Heavenly Sword is alright. It's more combat oriented than Enslaved so the level design isn't anywhere near as strong, it's really linear actually but it's an action focused game. The combat system is solid, just solid enough to carry the game although it's not the only strong point. I thought the story and presentation was better in HS than it is in Enslaved but that could just be me. A lot of people happened to really like the story and presentation of Enslaved. If you liked Enslaved though then there's a good chance you'll like Heavenly Sword. I'd say check it out, you can find the game dirt cheap now so it's not like you're risking anything.

finished enslaved, and im surprised by how good it was. Now i kinda want to play heavenly sword.

Heavenly Sword is alright. It's more combat oriented than Enslaved so the level design isn't anywhere near as strong, it's really linear actually but it's an action focused game. The combat system is solid, just solid enough to carry the game although it's not the only strong point. I thought the story and presentation was better in HS than it is in Enslaved but that could just be me. A lot of people happened to really like the story and presentation of Enslaved. If you liked Enslaved though then there's a good chance you'll like Heavenly Sword. I'd say check it out, you can find the game dirt cheap now so it's not like you're risking anything.

heavenly sword had some pretty great voice acting and cinematics. the sucksaxis control parts were awful though.

Been replaying the TWD episodes since my saves wouldn't carry over to the steam version, it's neat to play them again with someone else's input this time. PSO2 is still :king:

Been replaying the TWD episodes since my saves wouldn't carry over to the steam version, it's neat to play them again with someone else's input this time.

PSO2 is still :king:

what do you mean? Like with other posters?
Guest Golem

Lords of Shadow is the first game I've actually shouted 'Fuck this game!' at. I want to like it, but everything about the controls and platforming sucks, lacking all kind of sensible design. What was wrong with the god of war control layout? Who said a right analog stick for dodge wasn't working out? This game wants to put all the defensive responsibilities on one trigger and just hope you can keep up with a context. What a waste of buttons. Probably doesn't help that I'm playing this on harder difficulties but the controls actually limit you to a certain degree, and I just can't bend to the retarded logic of having to stand still to block and collect orbs for my magic, Im in the middle of a fight for fucks sake. FUCK THIS GAME

Edited by Gustav0

Someone recommend me a good XBLA game. For people who don't want credit cards on XBL, Amazon finally offers lower points tiers than 1600. Trine 2 looks interesting. Agree? Better game to pick up?

Someone recommend me a good XBLA game. For people who don't want credit cards on XBL, Amazon finally offers lower points tiers than 1600. Trine 2 looks interesting. Agree? Better game to pick up?

Walking Dead B)

edit: I played Trine 1 but not 2. It was fun and a really pretty game, but its kinda shallow. Loses steam near the end. But apparently Trine 2 adds more gameplay elements to the mix.

Edited by Gambol

Helps to know what you have. Summer of Arcade is looking good though, you might want to just wait for Deadlight.

Helps to know what you have. Summer of Arcade is looking good though, you might want to just wait for Deadlight.

Only XBLA games I have are the two Trials games. I refuse to put a CC on XBL so I rarely bought points since the lowest you could buy was 1600. Hated having extra points I didn't need.

Ah well then, download the following demos. Shadow Complex Bastion Castle Crashers (same screen coop though) SuperMeatBoy Fez, Splosion Man, Ms. Splosion Man as well though I didn't really care for Splosionman myself.

Edited by -CM²-