The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

sleeping dogs, dark souls, tropico 4 , secret world, mount n blade, ARMA 2 PR i uninstaled Darksiders 2 cause it was the same shit all over again, awesome fights and bosses but i cant handle the in between, it makes me literally depressed. i may install it again sometime in the future if im suicidal or smth

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Sleeping Dogs is pretty mediocre so far, the mechanics are all good but they just don't do anything with them. Here, fight six guys that don't do anything special then fight another six after you reach the next floor. Conclusion to the mission? Fight another six! It's tedious and boring when it's this easy, and this little variety in the enemy composition. And that surveillance side-mission is just so fucking bad. Same dude in a suit every time and a huge arrow after a couple seconds just in-case you're brain dead? Ugh, fucking awful. Madden 13 is alright, a lot of the AI is just super awful though. Opposing AI on pass coverage will get retarded bursts of speed to swat away balls, I'm talking 5-6 yards in a second sometimes just to interrupt a pass. If it were by design to get you to lead your players it would be fine, but WRs under AI control will never sprint for a pass that you put a couple yards ahead of them so you just end up with a tonne of incomplete passes unless you manually take control of the WR after the pass and run it down yourself. Defensive AI is even worse, zone coverage is pretty much useless because even high awareness/play recognition rated players will just stand there as plays happen around them. They might occasionally react for a tackle, but you're pretty much forced to play a safety or MLB if you don't want fucking Ryan Fitzpatrick to tear you up for yardage down the middle. At least you get AI stupidity that benefits you sometimes; no, that was a great call to run the ball on 1st and 10 with :53 left in the game and no timeouts, Chicago. Thanks for the free win. Running the ball is a lot of fun, hitting a receiver in-between coverage is satisfying as hell with that total control passing thing, and there's enough team building strategy with the player/coach experience and scouting points that I've probably spent more time in the menus than on the field. I haven't played a Madden game seriously since '04, so I'm not really concerned with whether or not it's enough of an improvement over '12. I don't think I'll play it all that much once the fall games really start picking up, but I bought it for $40 to last me a couple weeks until Borderlands 2 and it's exceeded my expectations as a hold over.

Well... I finally broke down and decided to give the game a shot. The game in question is none other than Ninja Gaiden 3. I went in with low expectations and I was still really disappointed. Holy fuck, this game is just awful. Really, really awful. I could give a very in depth analysis of all the things I feel are wrong with this game but to be honest that is way too much to type and I don't feel like doing it. I beat it once and literally have no desire to ever touch the game again. For an action game that is quite possibly the worst response you can get.

Well... I finally broke down and decided to give the game a shot. The game in question is none other than Ninja Gaiden 3. I went in with low expectations and I was still really disappointed. Holy fuck, this game is just awful. Really, really awful. I could give a very in depth analysis of all the things I feel are wrong with this game but to be honest that is way too much to type and I don't feel like doing it. I beat it once and literally have no desire to ever touch the game again. For an action game that is quite possibly the worst response you can get.

That is the only thing I have ever heard about NG3 :ben:

Stop playing Enslaved a couple 3 hours in. Story seemed like it was gonna be decent but the gameplay was just too straightforward for me. The platforming makes Uncharted look like Super Meat Boy in comparison. You can just mash a direction + jump and Monkey will jump to the right stop if the game deems that action appropriate. The Combat and stealth aren't great either. Which is too bad, because I do like the main characters. Gonna try Walking Dead Ep 3 soon, can't wait.

Edited by -CM-

Stop playing Enslaved a couple 3 hours in. Story seemed like it was gonna be decent but the gameplay was just too straightforward for me. The platforming makes Uncharted look like Super Meat Boy in comparison. You can just mash a direction + jump and Monkey will jump to the right stop if the game deems that action appropriate. The Combat and stealth aren't great either. Which is too bad, because I do like the main characters.

Did you play Blade of Darkness?

Stop playing Enslaved a couple 3 hours in. Story seemed like it was gonna be decent but the gameplay was just too straightforward for me. The platforming makes Uncharted look like Super Meat Boy in comparison. You can just mash a direction + jump and Monkey will jump to the right stop if the game deems that action appropriate. The Combat and stealth aren't great either. Which is too bad, because I do like the main characters.

Did you play Blade of Darkness?

nope. Should I?

lol FFS, Uncharted's platforming is just as tiresome and boring. Don't be stupid.

in enslaved's defense its possible to mess up and die while platforming, unlike in uncharted.

I found the opposite to be true. Enslaved doesn't seem to let you jump off a wall and kill yourself.

in enslaved's defense its possible to mess up and die while platforming, unlike in uncharted.

I found the opposite to be true. Enslaved doesn't seem to let you jump off a wall and kill yourself.

you can't do that in uncharted either.

Edited by Twinblade

anyway RE Revelations is pretty cool. The ship is a great setting, definitely reminds me of the mansion from RE1 in the way its designed. On the other hand the action parts so far are completely forgettable and pretty much the low point of the game. also started silent hill downpour. i like what i've played so far but the combat (mainly when you're up against groups of enemies in particular) is absolutely dreadful.

Edited by Twinblade

you can't do that in uncharted either.

I think you can only drop down in uncharted, I do remember jumping off some walls and dying in UC as well to be fair.

Edited by Powie

Enslaved is really all about the story and characters. The gameplay is honestly nothing special like all other NT games.

Pretty much, although it gets far less praise than something like Uncharted, another equally average game in gameplay.

anyway RE Revelations is pretty cool. The ship is a great setting, definitely reminds me of the mansion from RE1 in the way its designed. On the other hand the action parts so far are completely forgettable and pretty much the low point of the game.

also started silent hill downpour. i like what i've played so far but the combat (mainly when you're up against groups of enemies in particular) is absolutely dreadful.

how's the combat in RE:R? Edited by -CM-