The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

i didn't even mention the story or characters, which were completely forgettable. And since there was such a focus on action, the atmosphere was non existent.

this I disagree with. This game has a ton of atmosphere and mood. It's one of the most filthy, dark, depressing games I've ever played.
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

i didn't even mention the story or characters, which were completely forgettable. And since there was such a focus on action, the atmosphere was non existent.

this I disagree with. This game has a ton of atmosphere and mood. It's one of the most filthy, dark, depressing games I've ever played.

High five!

High five!

eh. i can't think of a level that engrossed me as much as the hospital or funhouse from mp2.

i definitely dug the new york levels though, they felt the closest to the originals to me.

Edited by Twinblade

max payne 3 is a decent shooter, but downright insulting as a max payne game.

How so? The game had to change and Rockstar did a brilliant job.

clumsy controls, lack of memorable missions and way too frequent cutscenes make it far from brilliant. Lack of feed back to let you know you're getting shot is annoying too. The enemy deaths reactions are great though.

Didn't have an issue with the controls like you and twinkie. Diving felt way more realistic then in Max Payne 1/2. And a game like this needs a cover system. Cutscenes happened a lot, but that was rockstar trying to make it feel like a movie.

High five!

Posted Image

Playing through some Nintendoland games, finally tried out multiplayer games with other people tonight. The best overall multiplayer game is probably the Luigi's Mansion. The Mario chase game is fun, but mostly as the guy who is playing Mario and running away from everybody, it doesn't seem very fair to the people chasing him. Luigi's mansion requires some real strategy between the people hunting the ghost. They can hurt the ghost by turning on their flashlights, but when they turn on their flashlights they walk much slower, and their battery starts going low. Tried out NSMBU with multiplayer as well, the person using the gamepad screen is probably best left to girlfriends or people who aren't able to handle the frantic gameplay that having more than 1 character on screen can take. Mario and Luigi do not clip through each other, you can't walk past the other character and if you jump on their head it sends them bouncing down. Sharing ledges, moving platforms and projectiles like flying enemies and throwing koopa shells, this becomes very frantic ZombiU is definitely an interesting game. First of all, I get scared easily by horror games, so I'm playing this very slow to begin with. But collecting ammo and scavenging is very engaging. It makes you progress thru the game at a very methodical pace. Assuming you are doing well and collecting everything, its sets you up for being massively pissed and upset them moment you fuck up and you lose your stuff. I did the first two missions, and I did them very well. I thought I had this under control, plenty of ammo, plenty of medkits. I get back to my safehouse and I thought that I should save the game and come to a stop because the tension really does take alot out of me. But instead I walk up to the safehouse monitors that trigger the next mission, and the guy says that my safehouse is under attack and fixing to be swarmed some waves of zombies in just a few minutes. I don't know what to do, I walk outside the safehouse door and I start hearing the zombies from multiple places, and I panic and use up most of my ammo on the first couple of them and I let two of them get close to me as I try to fight them off with my cricket bat. I die. Second person has little ammo, and she dies quickly, I lost all my medkits. And now I got nothing. This is why having friends connected online is important, because you'll be able to find their zombies and take their loot. Also downloaded AssCreed3 on the PC and playing through that, still on Sequence 2. I think its alright so far, but I'm definitely seeing that I won't be climbing as many buildings as before. Dishonored is on the backburner, and I just bought Mark of the Ninja. Got some other Steam games I haven't played yet.

I'm close to the end of halo 4. Too many indoor levels IMO. The highlights have been missions 4 and 5, easily. One thing I have enjoyed is the relationship between chief and cortana.

I actually liked Halo 4 a lot. Minus that shitty flying level. Terrible

I'm close to the end of halo 4. Too many indoor levels IMO. The highlights have been missions 4 and 5, easily. One thing I have enjoyed is the relationship between chief and cortana.

I actually liked Halo 4 a lot. Minus that shitty flying level. Terrible

I didn't mind the flying level. It was short and easy.