The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Just completed Demon Souls. That end boss was Gears of War 2 levels of bad. Overall great game, though not as good as Dark Souls. The World Tendency was a great touch and added more replays through levels though getting a world to PW was a pain in the ass. Also the boss battles were easy for my ranged character. With the Rat ring and a Viscous Bow +5 I had no problems with the majority of the bosses. They really need to change the fact NPC's becoming hostile when you accidentally hit them in battle or in the Nexus. They need to have an option of peace or something because that shit happened to me on more then one occasion on both games. I am hyped for Dark Souls 2 now even with the news of the new direction they are taking.

I prefer Demon's Souls and maybe that's because it was fresh but I like to believe it's because it's an overall better performing experience, DAT Tower is easily one of, if not the, most atmospheric level in a long time, and well the easy one is no Lost Izalith. Plus DeSo just comes off as a far more fair game than it's successor and it was far less bugged at launch which isn't much of an issue if youre playing them now.

Edited by -CM²-

The real DS experience doesn't start until NG+.

Just because the difficulty is ramped up? I played through NG+++ for Dark Souls and still want to go back and play more. Demon Souls on the other hand doesn't give me the same feeling for some reason.

The real DS experience doesn't start until NG+.

Just because the difficulty is ramped up? I played through NG+++ for Dark Souls and still want to go back and play more. Demon Souls on the other hand doesn't give me the same feeling for some reason.

I prefer Demon's Souls and maybe that's because it was fresh but I like to believe it's because it's an overall better performing experience, DAT Tower is easily one of, if not the, most atmospheric level in a long time, and well the easy one is no Lost Izalith.

Plus DeSo just comes off as a far more fair game than it's successor and it was far less bugged at launch which isn't much of an issue if youre playing them now.

Ya its hard to say I guess which one I would have preferred if I played them in the intended order and at launch for both.

I prefer Demon's Souls and maybe that's because it was fresh but I like to believe it's because it's an overall better performing experience, DAT Tower is easily one of, if not the, most atmospheric level in a long time, and well the easy one is no Lost Izalith.

Plus DeSo just comes off as a far more fair game than it's successor and it was far less bugged at launch which isn't much of an issue if youre playing them now.

Ya its hard to say I guess which one I would have preferred if I played them in the intended order and at launch for both.

Great games though, it seems like the biggest split is the hub world vs open.

this is my biggest issue with dark souls. The hit/collision detections makes it feel SOOOOOOOOO cheap at points.

the netcode was also broken at launch (i love the co op in this franchise but getting into games was such a pain in dark souls).

Edited by Twinblade

Great games though, it seems like the biggest split is the hub world vs open.

I like both to be honest. I really enjoyed searching levels during PBWT though some of the characters glitched on me and I was unable to complete a couple of quests. Also as Twinblade said in Dark Souls bosses would swipe right through walls and pillars like nothing. In Demon Souls I never noticed it that much though I used the bow a lot and I was more of a melee character in Dark Souls so maybe thats why I noticed it more.

mark of the ninja owns hard. the way they depict sound/line of sight is brilliant. Theres no randomness or cheap moments like in other stealth games.

yup it's a phenomenal game, played it shortly after Dishonored and it's such a better stealth game. it's funny that all it took Klei to make a great game was remove combat :D

Resident evil 6 finally came, anyone wanna coop with me? :ben:

Lemkid. :facep:

This lemtot is having a panic attack on whether he should get RE6 or not.

I already have my PS3 copy coming kiddo. ;)