The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

on act 2 of ghost. I still find the combat frustrating but the rest of the game is really cool. The side quests on their own aren't that impressive but discovering and exploring new parts of the world through them is always nice.

Also, im not sure how many of you guys knew this but the weather actually changes depending on your playstyle. For example, if you go the stealth route and use your ghost abiltiies often, you'll get more storms and dreary looking skies to symbolize the dishonor you're bringing to the samurai code. I thought that was a neat detail when I found it out.

I didn’t know that, about the weather. What part of the combat is bugging you? (Aside from the camera - holy fuck lol) 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I didn’t know that, about the weather. What part of the combat is bugging you? (Aside from the camera - holy fuck lol) 

a lot about it just feels off. The 'point stick towards enemy' lock on is incredibly inconsistent. Walking over anything that protrudes out of the ground (like some of the rocks for example) completely throws off the camera and lock on. Sometimes Ill ready an attack (like when holding down triangle) and Jin will just face in the completely opposite direction for no reason. Combat against groups of enemies just feels so messy when all these issues add up.

Could your sticks be having a bit of drift? I’ve noticed some people are having issues with movement where Jin will move by himself in different directions since there’s 0 dead zone in the game so the tiniest bit of a stick not being centered make him move. 

I never had that happen in got but it sounds exactly like what I experience playing switch games so I stopped playing them.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

a lot about it just feels off. The 'point stick towards enemy' lock on is incredibly inconsistent. Walking over anything that protrudes out of the ground (like some of the rocks for example) completely throws off the camera and lock on. Sometimes Ill ready an attack (like when holding down triangle) and Jin will just face in the completely opposite direction for no reason. Combat against groups of enemies just feels so messy when all these issues add up.

Weird. I can’t say I’ve had similar issues. 

Now what to play next? :interesting:

I’m going to wait for a deal on some game I haven’t played and probably play through Catherine Full Body on Switch. It’s still in the shrink wrap lol. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I’m going to wait for a deal on some game I haven’t played and probably play through Catherine Full Body on Switch. It’s still in the shrink wrap lol. 

youtube catherine. the gameplay is so bad. 

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

youtube catherine. the gameplay is so bad. 

That's what I heard but I've read a lot of that is smoothed over in the Full Body version and you can even skip the puzzle sections. :]

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ike said:

That's what I heard but I've read a lot of that is smoothed over in the Full Body version and you can even skip the puzzle sections. :]

oh that's good then. the stacking would have been ok in the OG version if the controls weren't so bad. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I have the OG version already. Kinda hoping for a Switch port to get the Royal version. :happysad:

I need to play through my backlog anyways and still need to plat TLOU2. Do you want still want Paper Mario? I can get out to you this Saturday.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

If you like nonogram puzzles check out Murder By Numbers. It’s basically a Phoenix Wright knock off but with a different gameplay hook. 

if you like old school sidescrollers Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 is fun (but I can’t recommend playing on the veteran difficulty level).

Picked up The Last of Us Remastered since I’ve never played it. Going from TLOU2 to 1 is pretty jarring at first. It really puts into perspective how much of an absolutely massive improvement TLOU2 is tech wise even though 1 still holds up really well. Besides the visuals, The animations and level design are what stick out the most. I’d forgotten what PS3/360 gen quality looked like and now seeing it in action again I’m all :holeup:

Edited by Delita

Played some more Ghost last night. Getting closer to Act 3 but I'm also cleaning the area out as I go. 

4 hours ago, Delita said:

Picked up The Last of Us Remastered since I’ve never played it. Going from TLOU2 to 1 is pretty jarring at first. It really puts into perspective how much of an absolutely massive improvement TLOU2 is tech wise even though 1 still holds up really well. Besides the visuals, The animations and level design are what stick out the most. I’d forgotten what PS3/360 gen quality looked like and now seeing it in action again I’m all :holeup:

Even crazier when you imagine that TLOU was the epitome of that gen in those facets lol A lot of ppl forget the little quality of life improvements that occur during a new gen too. TLOU is so damn clunky compared to TLOU2 and this goes for a lot of 3rd person games back then.

5 hours ago, Delita said:

Yeah, the first feels unplayable now, mainly because of the dated level design and AI. I can’t even imagine how amazing ND’s ps5 games will be. 

I am playing TLOU2 at a snails pace. So just now I've started Seattle Day 2, and I'd say that I've probably put 15-16 hours in it, because that's how slowly I play it, and try to explore every possible nook and cranny. I need to start putting in more hours to knock it out.

Unless the other parts of the game move at a faster pace, I think I'll probably end up taking about 40 hours on this.  And I want to get to play Ghost of Tsushima quickly after that.

I played TLOU1 Left Behind DLC right before starting TLOU2, so I immediately notice the somewhat pleasant flashback level that helps serve as a bridge between major chapters. I mean, its definitely a smaller level design, but I can still play the first game.

Edited by jehurey
21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I am playing TLOU2 at a snails pace. So just now I've started Seattle Day 2, and I'd say that I've probably put 15-16 hours in it, because that's how slowly I play it, and try to explore every possible nook and cranny. I need to start putting in more hours to knock it out.

Unless the other parts of the game move at a faster pace, I think I'll probably end up taking about 40 hours on this.  And I want to get to play Ghost of Tsushima quickly after that.

I played TLOU1 Left Behind DLC right before starting TLOU2, so I immediately notice the somewhat pleasant flashback level that helps serve as a bridge between major chapters. I mean, its definitely a smaller level design, but I can still play the first game.

If you're at Seattle Day 2 with 15-16 hours played, it will probably take you closer to 50 hours to finish it if you keep going at the pace you are. 

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

15 -16 hours and only act 2? Holy shit! I’ve plat’d the game, and I went way faster.