The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

31 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I totally hear you. P5R just did not want to end. I had my fill of the game around the 60 hour mark but that game didn't want to end until the 120 mark. If that game was like 80 hours tops I probably wouldn't dislike it as much as I do.

This is why I preferred P5 Strikers to original P5. It still has the strengths when it comes to storytelling and characters but wraps them up in a much shorter and better paced package.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

On another note, I got my PS5 yesterday but I was busy so couldn't get around to setting it up. I just finished doing that and holy mother of God, this thing is big and ugly. Like holy shit, no wonder there are so many people wanting a Slim. I mean, I knew it was big but you don't realize it's pure bulk until it's staring right back at you. 

But anyways, fired it up, browsed the PS Store just to see what deals were going on and saw Demon's Souls for 30 bucks. It just seemed right to make it my first PS5 game and the first game I'll use to christen this big, fat, ugly thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Sabo said:

On another note, I got my PS5 yesterday but I was busy so couldn't get around to setting it up. I just finished doing that and holy mother of God, this thing is big and ugly. Like holy shit, no wonder there are so many people wanting a Slim. I mean, I knew it was big but you don't realize it's pure bulk until it's staring right back at you. 

But anyways, fired it up, browsed the PS Store just to see what deals were going on and saw Demon's Souls for 30 bucks. It just seemed right to make it my first PS5 game and the first game I'll use to christen this big, fat, ugly thing.

Demon’s Souls is great at 60FPS. It still looks crisp too :wow2: Returnal is also $30. The gunplay is excellent. I think I may hop on that deal myself. 

12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Demon’s Souls is great at 60FPS. It still looks crisp too :wow2: Returnal is also $30. The gunplay is excellent. I think I may hop on that deal myself. 

Yeah, I saw that but I'm not really into Roguelikes. I did see Thymesera(?) and I might grab that. It's the Bloodborne inspired game, no clue if it's good or not.

6 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, I saw that but I'm not really into Roguelikes. I did see Thymesera(?) and I might grab that. It's the Bloodborne inspired game, no clue if it's good or not.

it looks cool! ign flopped it, so it's probably good lol.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it looks cool! ign flopped it, so it's probably good lol.

Yeah, the game certainly got the look down.

Its sitting at a 68 at Metacritic so it certainly has problems. It's only 20 bucks though so I might just grab it anyways. I'll just set expectations to low.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Casual said:

As much as I love the Persona games, I always start to burn out halfway through. They're too long for their own good, imo.

P5 is the worst at that, imo. It just drag on and on. Then they're having those stupid text messages cutscenes where they just repeat absolutely worthless shit like ''do we go tartarus tonight?'' or some shit. It's so slow paced. 

P3Portable is actually really quick and fast paced. You don't run around except in the dungeon tower, you only click on icons and honestly, that's way better. Because you get through the day stuff much, much faster. Granted the presentation is basic as fuck but I don't care because P3P ends 20 hours sooner than if you played the PS2 version.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Sabo said:

It is the ugliest. Its HUGE and looks so out of place under my Series X

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Anyone remember the optimal stage progression in Demon's Souls? I can not remember it. I know it technically doesn't matter but I do remember the optimal progression giving you access to stuff faster.

I just remember 2-2 being good for gathering materials early on. 

The lack of a rewind button makes Humanity pretty demotivating.  Not for the basic puzzles (which are pretty easy), but for getting the gold figures. Some require a lot of thought and planning, and the smallest oversight fucks it all up (like pushing an essential block off the area). If I had a rewind feature, I could just undo the mistake and keep progressing. Instead, I have to redo most of my steps again from the beginning. I don’t think this is for me.  

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The lack of a rewind button makes Humanity pretty demotivating.  Not for the basic puzzles (which are pretty easy), but for getting the gold figures. Some require a lot of thought and planning, and the smallest oversight fucks it all up (like pushing an essential block off the area). If I had a rewind feature, I could just undo the mistake and keep progressing. Instead, I have to redo most of my steps again from the beginning. I don’t think this is for me.  

Thats unfortunate, but is it still worth playing if you just skip the golds?

On 2023-08-13 at 3:09 AM, Sabo said:

Anyone remember the optimal stage progression in Demon's Souls? I can not remember it. I know it technically doesn't matter but I do remember the optimal progression giving you access to stuff faster.

Depends what you're looking for specifically. I would usually aim to get the meat cleaver as fast as possible with a Str build. I think it's in 3-2 but I don't remember at all, tbh. I kinda always followed the regular progression path. 

If you want to grind there's those flying creatures with the sword that creates shockwaves, they neat some fast and easy souls, iirc. I think at the end of 4-3 but I could also be totally mistaken. It has been too long.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Thats unfortunate, but is it still worth playing if you just skip the golds?

I think so, I’ll just try getting the bare minimum and I’ll tell you if it ramps up in difficulty. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Depends what you're looking for specifically. I would usually aim to get the meat cleaver as fast as possible with a Str build. I think it's in 3-2 but I don't remember at all, tbh. I kinda always followed the regular progression path. 

If you want to grind there's those flying creatures with the sword that creates shockwaves, they neat some fast and easy souls, iirc. I think at the end of 4-3 but I could also be totally mistaken. It has been too long.

yeah, that's in 4-2. i was able to get pretty beastly there.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Sabo don't forget theif's ring. man...that's the best for sneaking  past enemies.

Yeah. I got it. Took me awhile though because I completely forgot vaulting was a thing in this game. Wonder why they got rid of it in later games?

Edited by Sabo
  • Upvote 1