The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xremind me again how long P3 Reload is? I figured that since I’m gonna be subbing to Gamepass again this month to play hellblade 2 I might as well play p3 as well.

It took me around 66 hours to do every social link and get the best ending. 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats not too bad. Its long but definitely shorter than P4 or 5.

P4 is shorter imo. Around 40 hours. P5 is definitely longer, though. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

P4 is shorter imo. Around 40 hours. P5 is definitely longer, though. 

Really? Its been ages but I think I spent 70-80 hours in P4. It was my first Persona though so that could be why it took me so long.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Really? Its been ages but I think I spent 70-80 hours in P4. It was my first Persona though so that could be why it took me so long.

No doubt. I mean, it can be 80 hours long if you go for the platinum. 

On 2024-05-04 at 12:00 AM, -GD-X said:

No doubt. I mean, it can be 80 hours long if you go for the platinum. 

I just started it. Im up to floor 22 but I admit im not too enthusastic about the amount of time im going to have to spend in Tartarus. I feel like im slowly getting more and more tired of this kind of dungeon crawling. I do like the additions they made, like being able to control your party and also the assist and shift features (im assuming both those are new) are already very handy and do save you some time in battle.

Everything else about the remake seems great. The presentation as always is super slick and dripping with style.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I just started it. Im up to floor 22 but I admit im not too enthusastic about the amount of time im going to have to spend in Tartarus. I feel like im slowly getting more and more tired of this kind of dungeon crawling. I do like the additions they made, like being able to control your party and also the assist and shift features (im assuming both those are new) are already very handy and do save you some time in battle.

Everything else about the remake seems great. The presentation as always is super slick and dripping with style.

They do change up the art design, but there are no puzzle-like elements, unlike 4 and 5. 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, -GD-X said:

They do change up the art design, but there are no puzzle-like elements, unlike 4 and 5. 

yeah but the good thing is I feel like I’m experienced enough with this series that i can get through the floors pretty quickly and efficiently. I don’t know about you but my playstyle is such that I try to get to the next border/barrier in as few days as possible, so I can then focus entirely on the social links and other real world aspects until the next Tartarus area unlocks.

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah but the good thing is I feel like I’m experienced enough with this series that i can get through the floors pretty quickly and efficiently. I don’t know about you but my gameplay style is such that I try to get to the next border/barrier in as few days as possible, so I can then focus entirely on the social links and other real world aspects until the next Tartarus area unlocks.

i just spend 1 game day in an area of tarturus, usually when it's close to the deadlines (when there's missing peeps). if you change your difficulty to very easy, when low on SP, you can purposely die and you and your party will respawn and have full SP. that will save you time :smoke:

• Upvote 1

I bounced off p3r pretty quickly. I liked it , but after 100 hours of p5r it felt too much the same. It's more basic which I appreciated but I just felt like I already played enough of it.

• Upvote 1

Hades 2 is fantastic so far, as expected. They've made a bunch of subtle changes that really impact the way you play, much more emphasis on charged up/special/cast attacks. Some of the changes to progression seem fun too, the card/augment system in particular.

also been fucking around with some older games, doing some PS2 emulation and some NSO stuff. Decided to start playing some OoT, ended up blasting through it in a few days. Weirdly, as much as I love it, it's a game I've only finished a couple times and it's probably been like 20 years since the last time I played it to completion. I've definitely played it since then, but it's usually just a quick nostalgia hit and I'll fall off somewhere before the Fire Temple. Everything up to the end of the Forest Temple was extremely familiar but after that it got progressively less so which made for a really fun last half of the playthrough. Shadow/Spirit temple I basically remember nothing of. Anyway, it's OoT, not much needs to be said, one of the goats for a reason and outside of a couple control things (mostly aiming related) it's held up extremely well. Forest/Shadow/Spirit temples are definitely the highlight for me, Forest Temple might be the best Zelda dungeon ever.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Hades 2 is fantastic so far, as expected. They've made a bunch of subtle changes that really impact the way you play, much more emphasis on charged up/special/cast attacks. Some of the changes to progression seem fun too, the card/augment system in particular.

also been fucking around with some older games, doing some PS2 emulation and some NSO stuff. Decided to start playing some OoT, ended up blasting through it in a few days. Weirdly, as much as I love it, it's a game I've only finished a couple times and it's probably been like 20 years since the last time I played it to completion. I've definitely played it since then, but it's usually just a quick nostalgia hit and I'll fall off somewhere before the Fire Temple. Everything up to the end of the Forest Temple was extremely familiar but after that it got progressively less so which made for a really fun last half of the playthrough. Shadow/Spirit temple I basically remember nothing of. Anyway, it's OoT, not much needs to be said, one of the goats for a reason and outside of a couple control things (mostly aiming related) it's held up extremely well. Forest/Shadow/Spirit temples are definitely the highlight for me, Forest Temple might be the best Zelda dungeon ever.

is it worth playing now if the final game is going to change?

45 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

is it worth playing now if the final game is going to change?

It's hard to say right now.

It seems very polished and lots of content, though I haven't yet "finished" a run so I'm not sure how many biomes exist and whether or not it currently has a proper ending.

For me, I'm going to buy the full version anyway, so might as well just do that now. I'll probably finish a few runs and then eventually chill on it until the next content release (they've said quarterly updates), rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I haven’t played the remake of it but it definitely looks sharp from what I’ve seen

yeah, it looks nice, especially on the SD oled. the art is so crisp.

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade downfall is a better silent hill than silent hill. what a twisted head trip, so far. excellent imagery and the bad acting is perfect :D

Honestly you're making me want to try it again. I remember being annoyed with the interface and puzzles in the original (so i didn't get that far), but apparently the dev improved those aspects in the remake.