What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, jehurey said:

that's why alot of people were shocked when they announced season 2, like 2-3 years later.

I don't know if me memory is correct, but I think they barely announced season 2, just a few months ago, and they start showing episodes.

For a tv show that has Bryan Cranston AND Michael Stuhlberg, its quite a shock that alot of people trashed Season 1.

They both delivered great performances, like usual. But the material became too predictable and formulaic. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Started Cowboy Bebop for the first time. It really is a great show. I should have waited til after the new show came out because I can't imagine it living up to this. 

Posted Images

yeah, Your Honor season 1 began in December 2020.

I guess Showtime announced sometime around Summer 2021 that they were doing a second season. But the feeling was that Showtime was just going to cancel and get rid of everything.

And then they drop a trailer for season 2 on December 22nd, 2022, and the season begins on January 13th, 2023.

Just a really weird show that's gone without being noticed, for many reasons.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

yeah, Your Honor season 1 began in December 2020.

I guess Showtime announced sometime around Summer 2021 that they were doing a second season. But the feeling was that Showtime was just going to cancel and get rid of everything.

And then they drop a trailer for season 2 on December 22nd, 2022, and the season begins on January 13th, 2023.

Just a really weird show that's gone without being noticed, for many reasons.

True. 

did anybody ever see Showtime series with J.K. Simmons?

Counterpart? That may be one of the most criminally un-seen tv series.

I'm guilty of not seeing it, even though I saw loads of commercials for it on Showtime, and plenty of people said it was absolutely amazing.

Counterpart ended up having two seasons, I believe.

Maybe I might catch it when I sign up for a free trial of Starz whenever the new season of Party Down is about to end, so I can binge all of those episodes.

Alright I got a prime subscription just to watch Rings of Power after my LotR and Hobbit binge, and holy shit am I falling asleep trying to get through the first ep. Hope it picks up, Im not giving up on it yet but I'll take a break and watch the Hunger Games trilogy while its still on Prime

Also while I have Prime, I watched Shotgun Wedding with JLo. an ok movie, had some funny bits. Good to watch with a date I guess

1 hour ago, z,warrior said:

Alright I got a prime subscription just to watch Rings of Power after my LotR and Hobbit binge, and holy shit am I falling asleep trying to get through the first ep. Hope it picks up, Im not giving up on it yet but I'll take a break and watch the Hunger Games trilogy while its still on Prime

Also while I have Prime, I watched Shotgun Wedding with JLo. an ok movie, had some funny bits. Good to watch with a date I guess

Its definitely a commitment that can be pretty slow at times, especially towards the beginning. But if you can stick with it I think it ends up being a solid series (with clear room for improvement). The 6th episode is one of the best single episodes of TV ever.

The Harfoot storyline is the worst and they need to do something about it in the next season. I couldn't give 2 shits about those characters and their plight.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Finished latest ep of Last of Us... I'm just saying, if Im watching a zombie show, I expect to see some fucking zombies

It’s not a traditional “zombie” story. Even the games were very character-centric. The creatures were used to add tension and gameplay elements. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the latest TLOU episode. Both Bella and Pedro delivered stellar performances. The depiction of 

Spoiler

Jackson 

was perfect! I can’t wait for next week’s. I’ve been waiting for more on the 

Spoiler

Left Behind backstory