What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Another incredible TLOU ep. They are handling every major moment with such care and imo making little changes that improves on them. 

Yeah, it was good. It is making me think about picking up the game again. I do like not knowing what is going to or might happen tho. 

On 2023-02-11 at 5:59 PM, -GD-X said:

Well, I know it’s been very split with my friends. I love the metaphysical aspects the movie tackles, and how they are developed with over-the-top (some even bizarrely perverted) scenes. The characters are charming, and that helped me buy into into some of its more batshit crazy parts (some of my favorite scenes lol). 

I think the movie is pretty much showing the concept of Daosim near the end.

On 2/13/2023 at 11:06 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, it was good. It is making me think about picking up the game again. I do like not knowing what is going to or might happen tho. 

Maybe give it a play after the season ends so you'll still have the surprise of the show. 

Tbh I think we have entered territory where the show is definitely better than the game in regards to delivering it's story. 

While Your Honor is entertaining, I can’t help but feel like the creators are trying their hardest to make certain situations cater to bringing out the “Walter White” in Cranston. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing Cranston do what he does best (quite possibly the best liar on tv). It’s just an observation. 

rewatching Arrested Development, on the fourth season now. its good because Netflix will get rid of the entire show on March 15th. Watch it while you can if you havent seen it ever, best comedy show ever made!

Also rewatched the entire LotR trilogy on Netflix yesterday, only to notice HBO Max actually has the extended versions. Now I'm rewatching the Hobbit trilogy on it.

The new Antman is a flop. Seems like all the Marvel movies since Endgame has been pretty mediocre.  Hopefully Guardians is good. 

The series on the other hand have been better.. Wandavision and Loki are both great.  She Hulk is terrible and Falcon and Winter Soldier just felt so low stakes and uninteresting. 

Edited by Cooke
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, -GD-X said:

While Your Honor is entertaining, I can’t help but feel like the creators are trying their hardest to make certain situations cater to bringing out the “Walter White” in Cranston. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing Cranston do what he does best (quite possibly the best liar on tv). It’s just an observation. 

you mean you're watching season one?

Because I heard that first season gets amazingly terrible by the end.

I think I only watched the majority of the first episode, and then some clips of later episodes.  The son is just an absolute fucking dumbass that deserves to get crushed.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

you mean you're watching season one?

Because I heard that first season gets amazingly terrible by the end.

I think I only watched the majority of the first episode, and then some clips of later episodes.  The son is just an absolute fucking dumbass that deserves to get crushed.

Ya. I’m on episode 7. The son is pretty good. I like where it’s at now. That would be disappointing if it falls apart. 

@jehurey you were right about that ending. What could have been a turning point (eps 5 and 6) for a compelling thriller, ended up going down a path of generic crime show tropes. The end of the finale felt like it was taken out of a Law and Order episode. I’ll still keep watching because Cranston is amazing in it. But, my expectations, overall, are pretty low. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

@jehurey you were right about that ending. What could have been a turning point (eps 5 and 6) for a compelling thriller, ended up going down a path of generic crime show tropes. The end of the finale felt like it was taken out of a Law and Order episode. I’ll still keep watching because Cranston is amazing in it. But, my expectations, overall, are pretty low. 

that's why alot of people were shocked when they announced season 2, like 2-3 years later.

I don't know if me memory is correct, but I think they barely announced season 2, just a few months ago, and they start showing episodes.

For a tv show that has Bryan Cranston AND Michael Stuhlberg, its quite a shock that alot of people trashed Season 1.