What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

My dad met Gomey from Breaking Bad. He’s apparently very active in the Albuquerque community. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Angelfish said:

Not really sure about the new RHCP album.  Its growing on me the more I listen to it though.  Frusciante's chops are still intact too.

Naw dude, last friday I was driving around town alot so I put it on my spotify.

And its..............shockingly mediocre. I didn't listen to like the last 4-5 songs, but I knew there was a bad sign when I saw how many songs were on the album. That's usually a sign that they're trying to compensate for quality.

These sound like B-sides.

It took them until track 13, One Way Traffic, for them to truly get funky and energetic.

Very surprising considering that Frusicante was coming back.

Whereas I hadn't listen to much of their albums in the previous decade, so just a few months ago I discovered songs like Brandon's Death Song, which are head and shoulders superior than what's on this album.

By the time I heard the album, I had already gotten an email saying that my Vinyl pre-order of the album had already shipped. Damn.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Delita said:

Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice. Surprisingly pretty damn great. It’s about a white guy who moves to Japan to be a crime journalist and gets wrapped into Yakuza underworld, while also facing prejudice from his coworkers.

@Twinblade

I think you should check out the first episode. The similarities to Judgement/Yakuza is pretty big I felt.

The main actor though is so :patrice:

I've also read he’s a bit of a dick. 

I'm finding the songs are growing on me albeit a lot more slowly than previous albums with Frusciante.  I did go in with high expectations although I was aware he's barely touched the guitar in the past decade so did try to manage expectations a bit.  I do still feel a bit bad for Klinghoffer though as I thought The Getaway was quite a big improvement on I'm With You (which I didn't particularly like).  Frusciante would claim Goodbye Angels if he could IMO.

Speaking of old school artists dropping new stuff, I’m digging the new Snoop album. It’s a nice throwback to the 90’s g funk era, while embracing some new school sounds/textures. It’s exactly how I wanted the album to be. 

New season of Atlanta has been fantastic. Most recent episode is going to be a big legacy type event for the show. The discussions regarding it are so toxic. I love how this show keeps pushing boundaries and the stories it’s telling. Shame it won’t get any attention during awards because it is considered a comedy. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I only made it like 20 minutes and had to stop watching. That dude looks like some corpse or something. 

I never thoroughly enjoyed Baby Driver because of that guy, and especially with that whole "moving to music" thing that he did, and the director made a centerpoint of the whole movie.

Felt so smug

I don't know how this guy still has a career with that receding hairline.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I never thoroughly enjoyed Baby Driver because of that guy, and especially with that whole "moving to music" thing that he did, and the director made a centerpoint of the whole movie.

Felt so smug

I don't know how this guy still has a career with that receding hairline.

Didn't realize it was him, he was fine to me in baby driver. I actually love that movie. It's one of those movies where you can see the director got his vision through. I do admit that these projects and I'm looking at James Gunn too where the director uses a movie to show off their Playlist prowess can be annoying at times. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

FROM season finale

Hide contents

It was good but raised way more questions while answering almost nothing. Especially concerning considering that there has been no announcement that its been renewed for another season yet.

Watching it now. 

Solid finale. Nothing answered. Just a shit load of new questions, which is fine. There better be a season 2, though. I probably would have liked it more, had I not seen the stellar season 1 finale of Severance 2 days ago. 

Finally got around to watching Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch last night because I wanted to stay up and drink a little.

At first I was thinking that this might be his worst bit of self-wankery, and then I realized something.

This movie make almost all of his other movies look bad. because it proves that most Wes Anderson movies have no business being 90-120 minute movies. They should all be short 30-40 minute stories.

Maybe the Grand Budapest Hotel warrants being a full movie, and I still like Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. But everything else? No way.

Because he's only working with 30-40 minutes for each story, the edits are faster, there's no pointless backstories when he introduces another character. It moves quite quickly.

And it look fucking gorgeous, at times. I wish I could take a trip to a small historic french town after seeing this.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Solid finale. Nothing answered. Just a shit load of new questions, which is fine. There better be a season 2, though. I probably would have liked it more, had I not seen the stellar season 1 finale of Severance 2 days ago. 

I just hope one of the big twists they're leading up to is some kind of red herring

Spoiler

The idea of the thing thats 'worse than the monsters' in the forest being some giant spider is really dumb :ben: 

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Finally got around to watching Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch last night because I wanted to stay up and drink a little.

At first I was thinking that this might be his worst bit of self-wankery, and then I realized something.

This movie make almost all of his other movies look bad. because it proves that most Wes Anderson movies have no business being 90-120 minute movies. They should all be short 30-40 minute stories.

Maybe the Grand Budapest Hotel warrants being a full movie, and I still like Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. But everything else? No way.

Because he's only working with 30-40 minutes for each story, the edits are faster, there's no pointless backstories when he introduces another character. It moves quite quickly.

And it look fucking gorgeous, at times. I wish I could take a trip to a small historic french town after seeing this.

Agreed. It’s a beautiful bore.