What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Saw Creed 3 last night. Lol I am a fan of Micheal B Jordan but I can see what Sylvester Stallone didn't even want to see this. It's not that it's so bad, it's just so not as good as the previous ones and tbh 2 wasn't that great. 

Majors is great in this movie. He could have carried the movie too if Jordan didn't try like five times in this movie to win an Oscar or something. The plot is the least believable of every movie in the Rocky franchise. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Saw Creed 3 last night. Lol I am a fan of Micheal B Jordan but I can see what Sylvester Stallone didn't even want to see this. It's not that it's so bad, it's just so not as good as the previous ones and tbh 2 wasn't that great. 

Majors is great in this movie. He could have carried the movie too if Jordan didn't try like five times in this movie to win an Oscar or something. The plot is the least believable of every movie in the Rocky franchise. 

I actually just watched it last week also and thought it was incredibly average to say the least. Easily the worst creed movie and like you said has such an unbelievable plot line that it nearly completely takes you out of the movie.  

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

I actually just watched it last week also and thought it was incredibly average to say the least. Easily the worst creed movie and like you said has such an unbelievable plot line that it nearly completely takes you out of the movie.  

Once it hit, that was it. It's like a bad episode of the WWF or something. 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The first season of From is free on prime for the next 3 days for anyone interested. 

Not in Aus :(

It's on a different streaming service which literally has nothing else that would interest me outiside of From. Frustrating. 

On 2023-06-28 at 5:32 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't care for either actor. Kind of fucked up to say but glad Majors is having legal issues with that woman that could get him kicked out of Marvel movies, he acts the same in everything he's in. Same with MBJ

Creed 3 did suck, despite my least favorite actors being in it I still watched it one night expecting it to be worst, but what makes the plot so unbelievable? That the guy gets out of prison and becomes the next big challenger of a world famous fighter?

3 hours ago, z,warrior said:

I don't care for either actor. Kind of fucked up to say but glad Majors is having legal issues with that woman that could get him kicked out of Marvel movies, he acts the same in everything he's in. Same with MBJ

Creed 3 did suck, despite my least favorite actors being in it I still watched it one night expecting it to be worst, but what makes the plot so unbelievable? That the guy gets out of prison and becomes the next big challenger of a world famous fighter?

Spoiler

A guy without a single professional fight, after being in prison for over a decade and zero boxing training in that time ('oh I kept myself fit' lmao) comes out and gets an instant world title shot (would never in a million years even be sanctioned by Nevada Athletic Commission or any commission), they sell it as if it's this huge marketing ploy (would literally be rejecting by ever promotion in history) and then actually beats the world champion.....

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

Spoiler

That the promoter/manger of the champion has a best friend get out of jail with a 0 professional record. In a last second card change for the fight he is promoting - he inserts his best friend with the 0 record in a world championship fight. Then challenges his best friend to a championship fight next. 

He wins the fight and gets a hero finish. No one would think this wasn't a set up. His fighter didn't even want a rematch for his championship title? 

As corrupt as boxing is, this would be a scandal to end all scandals. It was so absurd. 

I disagree about Majors acting. I hope he isn't guilty but if it turns out he is, Marvel has no chose but to release him. He's really good at giving expressive performances. You get there is more going and he did a good job of capturing a Cali goon. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Watching it later :wow2:

i had faith that it would deliver and it did. :wow2: i don't know anything about the books, but apparently the story gets insane moving forward.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i had faith that it would deliver and it did. :wow2: i don't know anything about the books, but apparently the story gets insane moving forward.

Nice

BTW, Im hearing good things about the Idris Elba show on there. Could be the next Apple+ show worth watching

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nice

BTW, Im hearing good things about the Idris Elba show on there. Could be the next Apple+ show worth watching

yeah, i'm definitely going to check it out.

• Upvote 1

@-GD-X Wow, that was a crazy ending

Spoiler

All the other silos around her :omg: 

I definitely have questions about the tape. So basically they were using lower quality tape on purpose so the toxic air would get into the suit and suffocate the person going outside?

Or maybe they had always been using shitty tape without realizing it and were accidentally killing everyone who went outside to clean.

But it seems like the mayor expected her to die so maybe he knew the tape was faulty.

The only downside was that it felt really short. I feel like there's been so many season finales lately that are barely 40 minutes long.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X Wow, that was a crazy ending

Reveal hidden contents

All the other silos around her :omg: 

I definitely have questions about tape. So basically they were using lower quality tape on purpose so the toxic air would get into the suit and suffocate the person going outside?

Or maybe they had always been using shitty tape without realizing it.

The only downside was that it felt really short. I feel like there's been so many season finales lately that are barely 40 minutes long.

yah, the ending gave me chills. i wasn't expecting

Spoiler

the image in the helmet to be fake. however, i had a feeling there were more silos.

as for the length, i had no problems with it because i watched ep 9 just before it.

Just now, -GD-X said:

yah, the ending gave me chills. i wasn't expecting

Reveal hidden contents

the image in the helmet to be fake. however, i had a feeling there were more silos.

Yeah that was an unexpected twist

Spoiler

I had assumed the lush landscape was real and the image being broadcasted was a fake. But it was the other way around, that was a good way to fuck with people's expectations :D 

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah that was an unexpected twist

Hide contents

I had assumed the lush landscape was real and the image being broadcasted was a fake. But it was the other way around, that was a good way to fuck with people's expectations :D 

word! :D i was like, "oh hell nah!"

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

word! :D i was like, "oh hell nah!"

I think I can safely predict one thing for the next season

Spoiler

im 99% positive that the big metal door is a actually a secret path that connects to the next silo over. I bet that will be one of the focuses of the next season.