What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ok, I finished it. I think the ride was worth it for the stand out episodes (5 and 7 were epic), but the ending

Reveal hidden contents

felt too happy. I felt 0 tension, and I can’t say I was moved or surprised. It all felt like it was served neatly on a platter. 0 struggle. 

Overall, I recommend the limited series because it is pretty damn thought-provoking (for most of it). But the uneven shifts in tone, sometimes, felt too sudden. 7.5/10

Spoiler

That sounds about right. I really liked the ending though, I almost went nuts when they implied that Jeeven left the airport without managing to re-unite with Kirsten :D When they finally got together, it was a really good moment and definitely elevated the finale for me.

I don't really get Tyler as a character though. Did his whole storyline just boil down to him having mommy issues? And from that he decides to brainwash a bunch of kids into his cult where they just suicide bomb other people using mines? It was just really silly and made little sense to me. Maybe theres some deeper meaning or symbolism that went over my head, idk.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

That sounds about right. I really liked the ending though, I almost went nuts when they implied that Jeeven left the airport without managing to re-unite with Kirsten :D When they finally got together, it was a really good moment and definitely elevated the finale for me.

I don't really get Tyler as a character though. Did his whole storyline just boil down to him having mommy issues? And from that he decides to brainwash a bunch of kids into his cult where they just suicide bomb other people using mines? It was just really silly and made little sense to me. Maybe theres some deeper meaning or symbolism that went over my head, idk.

The truth :D 

Great episode 3 of Euphoria season 2. Its exploration of a certain character’s backstory felt extremely authentic. Also, the meta parts were funny and ultra-stylized. And I loved how they depicted obsession for beauty, like it’s a drug addiction. Slick ass filming and editing, which this show does in spades, so not surprising. Oh, and props to the actress who plays Cassie. The bathroom part 🤣 

17 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Great episode 3 of Euphoria season 2. Its exploration of a certain character’s backstory felt extremely authentic. Also, the meta parts were funny and ultra-stylized. And I loved how they depicted obsession for beauty, like it’s a drug addiction. Slick ass filming and editing, which this show does in spades, so not surprising. Oh, and props to the actress who plays Cassie. The bathroom part 🤣 

The actress who plays Cassie is amazing but not because of her acting...... :lawd:

btw have you ever watched the Scream tv show? Its pretty trashy but actually kind of a fun watch.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The actress who plays Cassie is amazing but not because of her acting...... :lawd:

btw have you ever watched the Scream tv show? Its pretty trashy but actually kind of a fun watch.

Yeah, I enjoyed season 1. But yeah, she’s hot af! However, she’s a great actress too. 

• Upvote 1

I need to watch alot of Jason Bateman stuff, like the HBO show he produced and directed, The Outsider.

Also, I found out that its the 80th Anniversary of Casablanca, and Fathom Events is having the movie play at theaters on this Wednesday. And I've never seen, and many people really do consider this to be one of the best movies of all time, and still very watchable. So i booked a ticket in an almost-empty theater to watch it the way its meant to be watched.

I'm still a bit pissed at myself for missing out a couple of years ago when they were screening Lawrence of Arabia in full 70mm. I should've seen that.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

I need to watch alot of Jason Bateman stuff, like the HBO show he produced and directed, The Outsider.

Also, I found out that its the 80th Anniversary of Casablanca, and Fathom Events is having the movie play at theaters on this Wednesday. And I've never seen, and many people really do consider this to be one of the best movies of all time, and still very watchable. So i booked a ticket in an almost-empty theater to watch it the way its meant to be watched.

I'm still a bit pissed at myself for missing out a couple of years ago when they were screening Lawrence of Arabia in full 70mm. I should've seen that.

The Outsider rocked!

Just now, Twinblade said:

All of Us Are Dead on Netflix is getting pretty good reviews, some are even calling it the next squid game. Can’t wait to check it out :whew:

yeah, i'm checking it out shortly. impressions coming!

Finally watched the second part to the South Park Post Covid special that came out in December.

I should've seen it for Christmas, that was probably the happiest ending to anything they've ever done with South Park. It was pretty good.

Im almost halfway through All of Us are Dead. Im really impressed with the scale of the show and the intensity of the action scenes. It has a lot of the same themes and ideas as the typical zombie production but it uses them in more clever ways, especially with the high school setting. I think the Squid Game comparisons people are making are unfair, but on its own its a really fun show.

• aitch 1