What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im almost halfway through All of Us are Dead. Im really impressed with the scale of the show and the intensity of the action scenes. It has a lot of the same themes and ideas as the typical zombie production but it uses them in more clever ways, especially with the high school setting. I think the Squid Game comparisons people are making are unfair, but on its own its a really fun show.

Glad to hear! Only watched the first episode.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

Popped the new 4K blu-ray of Dune that I bought in my PS5 to test out the home theater.

Dayum, that's an experience. I have to say that the sound is better than the visuals, because Denis Villenueve's sci-fi movies that involved futuristic spacecraft doesn't look as realistic as it should.

I think the designs that were in Nolan's Interstellar, and also the flying bat design in Dark Knight Returns looks more realistic and more visually exciting.

The only time the audio actually "scared" me was because I was so enthralled in the scene in which the mother and son are hiding in the tent, and the music is swelling as they are having an intense moment, and then Paul just snaps at his mom and yells powerfully, and I was startled by the audio. Damn good movie.

Watched the recent Suicide Squad movie. Its pretty alright. Definitely had a much, MUCH better second half and final battle than the first Suicide Squad movie.

I'm gonna say that the first major shootout on the streets of New York in the first movie was still more action-packed, and I liked it quite a bit. But this movie gets really crazy and icky at the end, which fits its style. The secondary characters are much more likable.

I think things unfold throughout the movie a little too easy. Like, it wasn't very difficult for them to get where they wanted to go, or get out of sticky situations.

Using this as the basis to get into the Peacemaker tv show next.

Finished All of Us are Dead. I was thoroughly impressed by how epic and ambitious it ended up being, even if it doesn't always nail many of its sub plots that happen away from the central school setting. However, that setting and the cast of students that find themselves struggling for survival within the school's many rooms and corridors is the highlight. The action scenes are well choreographed, intense, and boosted by great practical effects/makeup (even if the CGI bits leave something to be desired) and In general the show was just consistently engaging all the way through. Definitely Korea's best Zombie production since Train To Busan.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished All of Us are Dead. I was thoroughly impressed by how epic and ambitious it ended up being, even if it doesn't always nail many of its sub plots that happen away from the central school setting. However, that setting and the cast of students that find themselves struggling for survival within the school's many rooms and corridors is the highlight. The action scenes are well choreographed, intense, and boosted by great practical effects/makeup (even if the CGI bits leave something to be desired) and In general the show was just consistently engaging all the way through. Definitely Korea's best Zombie production since Train To Busan.

I’m on episode 7, and I definitely agree with this. I hated the students, at first, but now I like them a lot. I think episode 3 was the turning point. Oh..

Spoiler

Do they answer the question as to why some of the infected keep their consciousness? 

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m on episode 7, and I definitely agree with this. I hated the students, at first, but now I like them a lot. I think episode 3 was the turning point. Oh..

Hide contents

Do they answer the question as to why some of the infected keep their consciousness? 

What did you think of the Bookcase parkour shit in EP5? That was one of my favorite action scenes :smoke: The actors really do a great job in those fast paced moments

As for your question

Spoiler

They're basically asymptomatic, and I guess their version of the virus doesn't manage to reach their brains. The show doesn't really try to explain it too deeply though, which is probably for the better.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What did you think of the Bookcase parkour shit in EP5? That was one of my favorite action scenes :smoke: The actors really do a great job in those fast paced moments

As for your question

Hide contents

They're basically asymptomatic, and I guess their version of the virus doesn't manage to reach their brains. The show doesn't really try to explain it too deeply though, which is probably for the better.

That makes sense. And yeah, that part in ep 5 owned! 

15 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Cal was the MVP in tonight’s Euphoria. His speech was epic :D great episode, all around. The last sequence of shots were fucking gorgeous! 

yeah it was pretty fun. I would like to see the show give Cal and Nate/Cassie a break and go in this direction next

Spoiler

Focusing on Lexi again. I think her shyness and lack of self confidence is pretty charming, and I’d like to see a plot line where she and fezzco start dating, and as a result of that she becomes more open and comfortable with herself. I think that would be interesting story wise.

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah it was pretty fun. I would like to see the show give Cal and Nate/Cassie a break and go in this direction next

Hide contents

Focusing on Lexi again. I think her shyness and lack of self confidence is pretty charming, and I’d like to see a plot line where she and fezzco start dating, and as a result of that she becomes more open and comfortable with herself. I think that would be interesting story wise.

Spoiler

her play is going to have massive fallout! also, apparently, next week's is amazing!

I finished All Of Us Are Dead. I really enjoyed it. The last minute was a bit weird, but I guess it provided an opening for a potential season 2, even though the story felt pretty complete. I was very impressed with most of the production, especially considering the scale and elaborate action choreography in many parts. The main students sucked, at first, but then developed into likable characters. The series was 12 episodes long. While I wasn’t bored,  I feel like the pacing would have greatly improved, without sacrificing character depth, if it had been chopped down to 8-10 eps. Overall, I recommend this to any zombie fan. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I finished All Of Us Are Dead. I really enjoyed it. The last minute was a bit weird, but I guess it provided an opening for a potential season 2, even though the story felt pretty complete. I was very impressed with most of the production, especially considering the scale and elaborate action choreography in many parts. The main students sucked, at first, but then developed into likable characters. The series was 12 episodes long. While I wasn’t bored,  I feel like the pacing would have greatly improved, without sacrificing character depth, if it had been chopped down to 8-10 eps. Overall, I recommend this to any zombie fan. 

Good summary. I think some of the sub plots could have been trimmed down

Spoiler

like the stuff with the assemblywoman and the cops. Those stories felt like a means to an end, and didn't have much in the way of satisfying conclusions.

Everything involving the dad was really enjoyable though especially when his storyline finally converges with the High schoolers towards the end.

edit: by the way not sure if you noticed, but the crazy chick was in Squid Game. She must have gotten some work done because she looks very different in All of Us Are Dead

img_20220131163916_zqw4xf0j.jpg?fit=701,

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

like the stuff with the assemblywoman and the cops. Those stories felt like a means to an end, and didn't have much in the way of satisfying conclusions.

Everything involving the dad was really enjoyable though especially when his storyline finally converges with the High schoolers towards the end.

edit: by the way not sure if you noticed, but the crazy chick was in Squid Game. She must have gotten some work done because she looks very different in All of Us Are Dead

Whoah! Looks completely different! 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's called make up, age, and lighting, genius. 

finished The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window. the last 2 episodes were batshit crazy, and way funnier than the earlier ones. they definitely reminded me of classic zucker brothers. a few of my exes loved those dumb lifetime thrillers, so i enjoyed this parody series (especially the end). however, to those unfamiliar with the source material being spoofed, i can't recommend it.