This is Battlefield V video

Battle Royale mode confirmed to be called 'Firestorm'. 16 teams of 4 along with full destruction & vehicles.

starting to slowly get more hyped for the game. This is basically the ultimate military shooter with a little bit of everything

- Best in class multiplayer

- Battle Royale mode

- Singleplayer campaign

- 4 player co op mode after launch

- 'Tides of War' which is their games as a service component. Free updates, maps, and other content post launch

Edited by Twinblade

Well see in two days how this game turns out. I'm either going to hate the health system, or exploit it for maximum rank as a Medic - we shall see.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

That's a much better video than anything they've shown before.

I'm still waiting to see if the single player's cutscenes are pre-rendered bullshit or if they are actually real-time.  I'm sick of their bullshit when it comes to that.

1 hour ago, Bodycount NX said:

:lul:

I mean graphically first and foremost. But overall game changes sound really good. Looks like they toned down the bulletsponge too.

go play cod 3323 filthy noob :juggle:

if they use actors for every movement and facial animation, why bother computer-graphic-izing characters in games or cutscenes anymore? why not just use real actors??

waiting for a developer brilliant enough to just fucking do that.  gorsh. 

Played some open beta. the game is really good. Rotterdam map looks fucking amazing and it runs smooth. This is probably the best open beta I played yet, no problems at all.

Still have to try out the planes.

@Bodycount NX 

I didn't care about the SJW bullshit. When you get to the main menu there is woman displayed in the center. I don't care.

BUT somehow, when I played a sniper, and it turned out to be a woman and she kept talking stupid shit when I tried to spot enemies etc. I was lost. I never imagined that it would bother me, but it does. 

The immersion just fell apart. I watch band of brothers, the pacific, tom hanks saving james that stupid asshole, and all these great ww2 shows and then suddenly my britfag bitch tries to yell for help because I got shot.

I thought white knights come running to save my ass but they didn't. lol.

It's the same with special snowflakes that screamed for diversity in BF3 and they changed the white male model for medics to a negro. 

what a joke :| 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Here's me buying it and giving them my money

Image result for money in pocket gif

I will buy it eventually though but it's worse than I thought. The gameplay is ok. You can waste like 2 hours a month and be satisfied. But tbh they take a huge shit on ww2 and I don't like that at all. :| 

yo twinb post your impressions. I'm down to talk about the new mechanics :-*

I really like the new spotting system. It was way to easy to spot anyone like kilometers away and make them walking doritos in previous bf games

Edited by spaghetti

I just played a few rounds on the snow map. I didn't like that one that much. The biggest problem is that during the night theres a shitload of snow particle effects that look cool but they keep you from seeing anything. The german unforms also blend in with the snow which I feel is unfair.

Other than that it plays fine, but im not a fan of how low the TTK is now. It feels like you can drop someone from across the map in just a couple of shots. Combine that with the fact that the germans blend into the environment (i was always on the british side) and it felt like i was constantly getting killed while having no idea from where.

I like the spotting as well. You can put down that icon which gives your squadmates an idea of where the enemy is, without actually tracking their exact positions.

Edited by Twinblade

I played a few rounds of Narvik and I like the map. The plane controls are the same but I didn't have any other weaponry besides the main gun which sucked. 

One dude revived me after I got "killed". Not a fan of this new mechanic tbh. Other than that i'm actually done already. It plays exactly like BF1. Maybe I'm just tired of it all.....

didn't see a snowstorm or a day/night cycle... maybe I play some more before the beta ends.

Edited by spaghetti

I've played for several hours today, and I've had some fun, and a lot of frustration.

First off, the revive system is as follows: Anyone can now revive; thus no one revives. I can't tell you A) how many people have ran near/over me, and b) how many points  I've made in around by picking people back up, as teammates ran over them.

It's not well utilized by the community at large, I'm not convinced the system along with the health/ammo system will stay in place.

The health/ammo system mean you can only fully reheal once before you require a medic to toss a healing pack so you can get back to full health. Ammo is the same, to spawn with two clips :| so squad spawning can be death sentence if no one is support.

The fortifications are awesome, from making a capture point inaccessible, to creating new access routes to previously difficult to reach sections.

The guns are satisfactory, but I played this morning, and perhaps it's just inundated with n00bs, but I ran roughshod over guys and squads getting primary weapon, pistol, and melee kills before I was downed.

The weapon upgrade tree is awesome, basically it allows you to focus on better hip-fire, or down the sights.

Snipers are 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. On the one hand they do jack shit for body shots, but since 'suppresion' is no longer a thing you can pull off satisfying headshots.

Weapon upgrade trees works the same with vehicle's; you focus on being offensive (more ammo) or quicker repair.

Someone mentioned the females and yeah it's weird, hearing voices shout out, or Asian chicks coming to revive you in Rotterdam or Norway just seems off. Not enough to where I'm like this has got to stop, but enough to go: Huh, wait, what? Oh well that guy just sniped me a across the map with an assault rifle, so meh.

Final note: the support's Drilling shotgun is fantastic, it's a double barrel, with a single rifle shot that one shot head kills for long range kills. Now you have a legitimate reason to use a shottie without feeling gimped in any medium to long range encounter.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

I actually don't know if the dynamic weather is in anymore....I really hope they didn't remove it as that was one of the coolest things about BF1.

but yeah, the game in general is extremely similar to BF1. ill buy it and play it for a bit, but i don't have much in terms of expectations. I play each new BF less and less (though thats mainly because i don't have the time nowadays for MP shooters).

also, do the sound effects seem like they're at a really low volume to anyone else? Gunshots and explosions just lack 'oomph'. Usually thats one area where BF always delivers, so im kind of worried about the sound design/FX.

Edited by Twinblade