Capcom Expecting to Lose $40 Million, Isn’t Changing Financial Projections

26 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The tumor has been removed now. Capcom Vancouver = dead, DMC5 = in-house made and looks amazing.

Don't kid yourself. MHW reached 10m worldwide. Switch can get the handheld scraps though, it's fine as an extra source of revenue on the side while the important games gets made for current gen consoles. Nintendo fans = second rate citizens.

and even with that 10 million WW they're still bleeding money. 

Expect more Switch support in 2019

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like Capcom is trying to pull a Sony. I expect Capcom to stop producing trash games meant for Xbox and start focusing on  quality games meant for PlayStation.

The tumor has been removed now. Capcom Vancouver = dead, DMC5 = in-house made and looks amazing.   Don't kid yourself. MHW reached 10m worldwide. Switch can get the handheld scraps though,

You ain't getting shit  

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

Exactly.

2017-2018 was when they did almost nothing on Nintendo platforms = they lost money.

Its as simple as that.  Capcom is going to get back into Switch.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Like that Bandai Namco support, am I right? Any day now.:fatcruise:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Exactly.

2017-2018 was when they did almost nothing on Nintendo platforms = they lost money.

Its as simple as that.  Capcom is going to get back into Switch.

Cloud version of RE2 and DMC5 incoming. :mj: 

They're making good choices lately.  Getting the quality and brand recognition of their games up... bringing out past classics with remasters and leveraging them to draw attention to new projects.   They're also making good tough decisions like closing down studios which are no longer performing well and cutting their losses... funneling the money presumably into better projects.  They have the right kind of ability to not only target high end AAA visuals on the latest platforms.. but also have the IP to drive sales across platforms which are better suited to those IP.  

They also have developed an engine which seems to be working out very well for them, much like the MT Framework did in the past.  They have a well performing engine across all platforms with support for the latest features and tech.

I really hope they continue this trend and can continue to release games on a timely schedule which they've been sticking to quite well since recently.  They're the Japanese developer with the most potential imo

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They're making good choices lately.  Getting the quality and brand recognition of their games up... bringing out past classics with remasters and leveraging them to draw attention to new projects.   They're also making good tough decisions like closing down studios which are no longer performing well and cutting their losses... funneling the money presumably into better projects.  They have the right kind of ability to not only target high end AAA visuals on the latest platforms.. but also have the IP to drive sales across platforms which are better suited to those IP.  

They also have developed an engine which seems to be working out very well for them, much like the MT Framework did in the past.  They have a well performing engine across all platforms with support for the latest features and tech.

I really hope they continue this trend and can continue to release games on a timely schedule which they've been sticking to quite well since recently.  They're the Japanese developer with the most potential imo

This is what really bothers me about all the Microsoft shade, others around them have a bunch of problems for years and then tighten things up and start firing on all cylinders but they act as if Microsoft is some exception where that's an impossibility, it's annoying. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
41 minutes ago, Ramza said:

As a sign of support to Capcom, I'm gonna buy SF 30th Anniversary Collection, Mega Man 11 and Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle.

I normally wouldn't but RE2 and DMC5 are showing signs of Capcom greatness returning. (RE7 was great also)

Don't ask what Capcom can do for you, but what you can do for Capcom.

if you dont have it already, id get sf5 over the 30th anniversary collection. that collection was a mess out of the box. it was developed by backbone, a dev notorious for shitty capcom ports and lack of post release patches. id check how much of it is fixed and if the online community didnt already drop it.

Edited by Quad Damage
1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

if you dont have it already, id get sf5 over the 30th anniversary collection. that collection was a mess out of the box. it was developed by backbone, a dev notorious for shitty capcom ports and lack of post release patches. id check to make to see how much of it is fixed and if the online community didnt already drop it.

I bought SFV twice already (AE). lol

Still probably the best place to get players.

24 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is what really bothers me about all the Microsoft shade, others around them have a bunch of problems for years and then tighten things up and start firing on all cylinders but they act as if Microsoft is some exception where that's an impossibility, it's annoying. 

Well, I think you have to be a bit understand of people like that.. because at the moment, Capcom APPEARS to be course correcting.  People are visibly seeing that and coming to the conclusion on their own... not just being told by Capcom that they are.  There's many ways in which IMO the same holds true for MS... but people don't see the same as me.  For MS, they really need to get a couple hits out there.. and trim some of the fat which isn't working for them.

Whether you like them or not, you have to admit that Sony has almost all of their big studios pumping out hit after hit.  They're selling really well, and scoring really well.. because they've fostered the idea that Sony's AAA studios aren't in the business of making low quality games anymore.  They visually stunning and remember, as I said.. regardless of what you think of them, they are what people want to play atm.  The next game from SSM or Guerrilla Games, regardless of whether it was God of War 2 or Horizon 2, will be highly anticipated because people simply don't think they will go from a great game to a bad one.  They are improving... and it's visible.  They've proven that they can create new IP and succeed, and they've proven that they can reinvent old IP and succeed.

MS really needs that... and honestly.. despite not seeing much (or even any?) of the actual game at all... the Halo Infinite trailer did that for me.. because just from the trailer design, the music, and the art style alone... it took me and others back to a time where  Halo was undeniable quality.  They have to PROVE it of course... but just those things alone give me that impression that they understand what needs fixing... which goes a long way.

So people need to start seeing that.  People are also more receptive to changes when a new generation transitions.  Now's the time where MS can make that happen and hopefully change these people's minds. 

26 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

Remember them outsourcing last gen like Dark Void, DmC, Lost Planet 3, Dead Rising etc.

It was all a fucking mistake.

Outsourcing to the west is the future! :cruise: