This is why Rockstar is the best dev on the planet

17 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'll give you Just Cause

Saint's Row is garbage. 

just cause is make-your-own-fun trash.

saints row carried the torch from the ps2 gta trilogy that focused on fast paced pick-up-and-play action, madcap set pieces, and without falling into pretentiousness .

Money, Size of team and time. Those are why RDR2 has the details it has. 

Over 1000 devs worked on GTAV and that didn't have all teams working on it like RDR2. 

RDR2 had like 7 years dev with portions of it where EVERY rockstar team was working on it. It's an unprecedented amount of budget thrown at a game and Rockstar can do it thanks to the cash cow that is GTAV.

Since that gigantic team made RDR2 though, ND released two GOTYs (one a Game of the Generation: LoU) and are about to release another one. 

5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Money, Size of team and time. Those are why RDR2 has the details it has. 

Over 1000 devs worked on GTAV and that didn't have all teams working on it like RDR2. 

RDR2 had like 7 years dev with portions of it where EVERY rockstar team was working on it. It's an unprecedented amount of budget thrown at a game and Rockstar can do it thanks to the cash cow that is GTAV.

Since that gigantic team made RDR2 though, ND released two GOTYs (one a Game of the Generation: LoU) and are about to release another one. 

There's plenty of money spent on mismanaged high budget video games doesn't take any credit away from Rockstar

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, kaz said:

I actually want to buy a ps4 now. This game looks fucking amazing. But I want to play the first game first but it looks like a turd :D 

If you got an X, Rockstar remade the original just for Microsoft Xbox One systems.  You would get ultra 4 super graphics compared to the psnow version. :D 

1 hour ago, S#$@%^i said:

If you got an X, Rockstar remade the original just for Microsoft Xbox One systems.  You would get ultra 4 super graphics compared to the psnow version. :D 

lol no thanks, I already got a PC. :tom:  

• Upvote 1

I love spoilers. I feel like watching all this instead a playing it just ruins the charm. well, going to watch the videos anyways. 

For those more styled and sophistocated.  Overall, does it feel more alive, springy, or different than a GTA world? I frankly can't remember much o time since GTA: Vice City blowing up chains of cars after cars, that GTA really felt so alive or expansive or micheviously fun.  GTA5 felt fluid smooth and everything came together nice for the missions, but the world just meant places to drive in between and steal cars.  Not sure what detail to even look for other than people running away when I start shooting. 

*I'm sure I also just take the ambiance for granted.  

Edited by kokujin