Forbes: 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Has GTA's Same Combat Problem, But Worse

:lawl: this resetera thread was made today, 2 hours after i made this one 

Is ANYONE enjoying RDR2 combat?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ukraine, Today at 3:02 PM.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-anyone-enjoying-rdr2-combat.80365/

:blessed:

its all here, same as with every rockstar game after the honeymoon passes. 9 pages and counting of people trashing: the core gameplay (with or without auto-aim), the encounter design, the mission design, the enemy variety, and - just as i said all those years ago in the max payne 3 thread i linked - long ass write ups and youtube videos of how to adjust all the in-game control options and sliders for making the game play the least ass-iest. :rofl:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

damn right but then i actually have a choice of either/both    what were your choices in the 10 months prior to rdr2 and forza 2k18?   wait dont answer that    

I guess it's hard to aim at things in poverty resolutions, lmao playing RDR2 on PS4    Notice how cows always try to downplay a game that's significantly better on X? Not working   

They'd rather hype Tetris.

1 hour ago, dakur said:

Funny thing is that lemmings keep saying Sony games are movies because they focus on story rather than gameplay and yet they now regard RDR2 as the second coming just because it renders a couple more pixels on the Xshit.

The difference being actual story in this game equates to about 10 hours of the 60+ hours of main game, the other 50+ is gameplay and side missions.

That's about 15% of the game being "story", the average Sony game is borderlining more in the 50% range if not more.  

It's like you don't play Sony games, it's as if you don't have a PlayStation 4 and talk out of your ass like a complete fucking idiot. 

These games would be unplayable without auto aim. It always felt clunky. But tbh I don't care I still like the games.

It's fun when you can move from cover to cover then it feels more realistic.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm assuming it's all run on PS4, which as we all know is not indicative of operating performance but rather in general coding relative to a specific version of a game. 

It is indicative of the game engines performance as compared to similar games on the same hardware... yes.  It's also indicative that the general input lag of the game is higher than average... which presumably affects all versions of the game to varying degrees.

It's a laggy controlling game on all platforms :shrug: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It is indicative of the game engines performance as compared to similar games on the same hardware... yes.  It's also indicative that the general input lag of the game is higher than average... which presumably affects all versions of the game to varying degrees.

It's a laggy controlling game on all platforms :shrug: 

According to what? You're just shit posting, this has happened time and time again where a game on one system has fucked off input lag but on another it's fine. All you have is this loose graph that's relating to what appears to be a PlayStation version of the game.

There's four builds of this game out in the wild, you're in zero position to universally say this is indicative of them all. You're being retarded.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

According to what? You're just shit posting, this has happened time and time again where a game on one system has fucked off input lag but on another it's fine. All you have is this loose graph that's relating to what appears to be a PlayStation version of the game.

There's four builds of this game out in the wild, you're in zero position to universally say this is indicative of them all. You're being retarded.

No.  The game has much more input lag than your average 3rd person game.  Why the fuck are you getting so defensive like a bitch?  You do realize that 11 frames at 30fps is over 300ms right?

You think Xbox is gonna shave a hundred or so milliseconds off that? :mj: 

You're a fucking clown, stop bitching at me because you think I'm ragging on your precious Xbox star multiplat game.

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.  The game has much more input lag than your average 3rd person game.  Why the fuck are you getting so defensive like a bitch?  You do realize that 11 frames at 30fps is over 300ms right?

You think Xbox is gonna shave a hundred or so milliseconds off that? :mj: 

You're a fucking clown, stop bitching at me because you think I'm ragging on your precious Xbox star multiplat game.

I'm not getting defensive, you're being a certified retard.

As I suspected it's on some PlayStation 4, where are the tests for the other PlayStation system? Where are the tests for the two Xbox's? 

How are you so retarded to not account for dead zones and acceleration values which can be directly manipulated in this game. You're not using your brain right now. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not getting defensive, you're being a certified retard.

As I suspected it's on some PlayStation 4, where are the tests for the other PlayStation system? Where are the tests for the two Xbox's? 

How are you so retarded to not account for dead zones and acceleration values which can be directly manipulated in this game. You're not using your brain right now. 

You're awfully defensive...

I didn't state that they tested the Xbox versions.. just like I didn't say that they couldn't be better..  I said that the game in general is laggy as fuck in it's controls... and it IS.  Dead zones don't mean shit when you're FULLY moving the analog stick to maximum and counting the frames from when the stick reaches maxium to when the character moves......  Xbox isn't going to magically fix hundreds of ms of input lag.  It might be better... but not substantially so.  It's a laggy controlling game..

THINK a little bit Dynamite... :snoop: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're awfully defensive...

I didn't state that they tested the Xbox versions.. just like I didn't say that they couldn't be better..  I said that the game in general is laggy as fuck in it's controls... and it IS.  Dead zones don't mean shit when you're FULLY moving the analog stick to maximum and counting the frames from when the stick reaches maxium to when the character moves......

THINK a little bit Dynamite... :snoop: 

Even then that doesn't subvert version differences, just because it performs a certain way on X doesn't mean it will perform the same on Y or Z which is at this point a relatively common situation. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The difference being actual story in this game equates to about 10 hours of the 60+ hours of main game, the other 50+ is gameplay and side missions.

That's about 15% of the game being "story", the average Sony game is borderlining more in the 50% range if not more.  

It's like you don't play Sony games, it's as if you don't have a PlayStation 4 and talk out of your ass like a complete fucking idiot. 

So you rather have 50+ hours of shit gameplay than 20+ hours of quality one? Because GOW was praised for its gameplay and yet lemmings can't shut up about how it is a movie game. Yet they can't shut up with RDR2 as if it were an exclusive. Nevermind, I just remember you spent like 100+ hours on Shit of Thots lol, talk about bottom of the barrel standards.

Edited by dakur
2 hours ago, dakur said:

So you rather have 50+ hours of shit gameplay than 20+ hours of quality one? Because GOW was praised for its gameplay and yet lemmings can't shut up about how it is a movie game. Yet they can't shut up with RDR2 as if it were an exclusive. Nevermind, I just remember you spent like 100+ hours on Shit of Thots lol, talk about bottom of the barrel standards.

Dude is so full of shit. :D Sony games are %50 cutscenes! More Dino math straight out of his ass. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

btw here's me shitting on the last rockstar game i played 6 years ago and guess who was parroting the same substance-less response then that they do to this day.. :D 

Yea you sucked back then too. 

"I suck at the game, it must be broken"

Edited by Vini