EA's Shares have fallen 40% since Late July/August

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If Microsoft were ever to buy EA, now would be the time. 

:D That would be the dumbest acquisition ever. EA can't sustain itself with just one or two platforms.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

:D That would be the dumbest acquisition ever. EA can't sustain itself with just one or two platforms.

They could buy them and then allow them to run independently.. like Minecraft.  Also, they're going 3rd party anyway :face: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

They could buy them and then allow them to run independently.. like Minecraft.  Also, they're going 3rd party anyway :face: 

:D And Minecraft/Mojang cost them 2.5 billion. 

Meanwhile EA has a plethora of successful IPs. Madden, Fifa, NHL, Battlefront, Battlefield. And owns several studios across the globe. It's safe to assume EA is at least worth 10 times more.

Buying a company for 25 billion just to keep them doing what they are already doing, which is currently losing money apparently. Brilliant investment!:mj:

It’s been Bad news after bad news when it comes to EA. First the chief design officer Patrick Soderland leaves even after being offered a $20 million bonus to stay, then Jade Raymond the head of Motive suddenly leaves without having put out a single game, and just recently it’s been found out that the one of the lead architects of the frostbite engine is leaving as well. 3 major figures gone in 3 months.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s been Bad news after bad news when it comes to EA. First the chief design officer Patrick Soderland leaves even after being offered a $20 million bonus to stay, then Jade Raymond the head of Motive suddenly leaves without having put out a single game, and just recently it’s been found out that the one of the lead architects of the frostbite engine is leaving as well. 3 major figures gone in 3 months.

Yep.  Johan Andersson (Repi) leaving was a huge blow for DICE and EA as a whole.  I think what we're going to see now are just smaller iterations on their engine, since I believe he was a major driving force in getting Frostbite to where it was technically.  He's a fucking smart dude.  Sure, they still have technically competent people there, but it was always him that was talking about pushing the state of the art.

Another thing I noticed, and I've said it before.. is that before, BF3 and BF4 all had real-time cinematics, and then Battlefront and BF1, BF2.. and now BFV are all pre-rendered "in engine" video bullshit.  It completely turned me off... and I'd get annoyed every time they marketed their games with the bullshit pre-rendered videos.  There's just a huge disconnect from smooth 60fps gameplay into garbage quality 30fps videos.. which could look so much better and consistent if done in real-time.

They've just been making stupid decisions all over the place.. and once DICE loses their credibility and their technical edge... then EA is going to be hurting... because that's the engine the chose to power pretty much everything going forward.