Game Informer Editor Says Next Zelda Game is Coming "sooner than we think"

I'd say that they already got the tools to build another world fairly quickly, wouldn't surprise me if the world is smaller, or they break up the game by having a large body of water in it.

The chances that they change the graphical artstyle is maybe 50/50. It'd be nice if they could make it look like that SoTC remake.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I want the classic Zelda formula. 

I'd like a hybrid of sorts tbh. 

Slightly smaller BotW style overworld, maybe ~40 shrines (but remove all the lame ones), then 8-10 proper temples/dungeons. Bring back dungeon items and have it be a bit more of a restricted experience (ie you can't just go anywhere at any point...maybe you start with an option of 3 dungeons and then the items you get from there allow you to access other areas of the map). 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Slightly smaller BotW style overworld, maybe ~40 shrines (but remove all the lame ones), then 8-10 proper temples/dungeons. Bring back dungeon items and have it be a bit more of a restricted experience (ie you can't just go anywhere at any point...maybe you start with an option of 3 dungeons and then the items you get from there allow you to access other areas of the map). 

Did you play A Link Between Worlds?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Did you play A Link Between Worlds?

Yeah, great game. 

That'd be pretty close to what I'd want actually. the ALBW to BOTW. 

Actually now that I think about it, I would love to just have an ALBW style game on the Switch. Top down Zelda but harnessing the extra power? Count me in. 

Edited by Casual
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, -GD- said:

I want the classic Zelda formula. 

BOTW is the classic formula.  It plays like the original Zelda. Go anywhere, from the start. 

For the Zelda BotW Sequel, all I want added is 8 to 10 full on dungeons.   Keep everything else the same. 

Make the 10 items in the dungeons unique/rare as in you can only get it from there and no where else.... but also make it so that you can beat the game without the items but make it ridiculously hard to do so.    

The regular items outside the dungeons should remain breakable as is.  The dungeon items cant break but have a cool down period so they can't be over abused. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 hours ago, Casual said:

Maybe have it where you could go into a dungeon, but it would be really hard without certain items and upgrades, and those things are in shrines that are in the area of that dungeon. Or maybe you need to defeat enough shrines in order to find clues to locate the dungeon or open the dungeon.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Maybe have it where you could go into a dungeon, but it would be really hard without certain items and upgrades, and those things are in shrines that are in the area of that dungeon. Or maybe you need to defeat enough shrines in order to find clues to locate the dungeon or open the dungeon.

Yeah that could be cool.

I'd like them to experiment with having the concept of shrines but just laying around in the environment. Like just a big puzzle you happen to stumble upon while wandering through the world instead of going to a separate area. Either that or have the shrines take on the terrain of the area they were found in...they started to feel too samey after a while and I feel like you can do so many more puzzles if you have like snow, dessert, forest, etc etc. shrines. 

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Yeah that could be cool.

I'd like them to experiment with having the concept of shrines but just laying around in the environment. Like just a big puzzle you happen to stumble upon while wandering through the world instead of going to a separate area. Either that or have the shrines take on the terrain of the area they were found in...they started to feel too samey after a while and I feel like you can do so many more puzzles if you have like snow, dessert, forest, etc etc. shrines. 

Did you ever play The Witness?

If the Zelda team started doing to meta-puzzle shit like that, it would get really interesting.

On 2018-11-23 at 6:09 PM, jehurey said:

Did you ever play The Witness?

If the Zelda team started doing to meta-puzzle shit like that, it would get really interesting.

Yeah that’d be a really cool approach. Wasn’t a fan of the puzzles themselves in The Witness but the way they’re integrated into the world would work well.