Epic is launching their own Digital Games Store to compete directly with STEAM

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Payment information, login details, game locations, friends, different policies and EULA's left and right, everything scattered all over the place, it is a garbage mess.

You sound like the SJW of gamers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hermit V. Hermit: Basement Warfare

PC getting more and more fragmented by the day, I'm so glad I jumped ship. What a damn joke... You literally need like 8 accounts and DD platforms at different places just to play and buy games.

LOL.   Wait a minute.............so people are complaining that they prefer that the WIDEST, most OPEN platform..........only have ONE method for buying games on that platform?   Y

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Payment information, login details, game locations, friends, different policies and EULA's left and right, everything scattered all over the place, it is a garbage mess.

Again, you're giving all this shit to devs of these games regardless.  That's modern service based gaming.  This isn't some revelation because Epic launched a store.  Which I might add they already had a client and store with Fortnite.. which you've said nothing about before... :snoop: 

Basically all that changed between when you were fine with it and now is that Epic decided to release some more games....

On 2018-12-04 at 11:44 PM, jehurey said:

Even the guy who is primarily known on this forum as being unable to open a RAR file is saying that he knows how to install games on PC from multiple digital stores and isn't a big deal.:reg:

Over a decade of butthurt :D you are a weak man 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only thing that annoys me is the login Information if I can't remember a password .

Games I currently play I just put a icon on my desktop . I'm not saying it's not annoying but I am saying people who refuse to buy a game because of it are petty .

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

The only thing that annoys me is the login Information if I can't remember a password .

Games I currently play I just put a icon on my desktop . I'm not saying it's not annoying but I am saying people who refuse to buy a game because of it are petty .

It's straight up stupid.  You put in the info, and it's done.  Shit automatically logs in.  Not a big deal at all.

25 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

For me personally I'm not avoiding buying a game, I've just uprooted and basically dispanded from the platform. There's so many problems an outsider looking in just can't see as compared to a life long user that I'm frankly tired of.

It's a culmination, not just this.

4 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

It's not "fragmentation" it's "healthy competition." Steam got way too big for its own good. :reg: 

They have the best features, and the best community features.  By far the most support.. but they have their share of problems though.. They start shit, and rarely finish it. They definitely are content to just move at their own slow ass pace because nobody's rising up to challenge them.   They have the support because of the size of their community.. not what they are doing to actively foster and court developers to support their platform specifically.

Like I said, the fanboy in me 2-3 years ago would have been annoyed and pissed at this simply because I wanted everything on Steam, but now I think more shit needs to happen off Steam to get people used to the idea that Steam isn't the center of the universe and that so long as games are releasing on PC, it shouldn't really matter which store you get them from.

@Jon2B So a couple of the guys I was arguing with in that thread went to the Official PC Gaming thread and were making offhanded remarks about it.. obviously referring to me.. so then I defend myself.. and the guys say "Now I'm not going to continue this, because PCera is the one place on this website which is actually somewhat safe from complete lunacy. I have no intention of filling this thread up with it as well." and the other says "Seriously, fuck off out of here with this shit."  when they were the idiots that brought up the other thread in the PC Gaming thread, causing me to respond.  

Man those guys are fucking DUMB :cosby2: 

I bet I get banned soon :smug: 

19 hours ago, Jon2B said:

4 days 

10 years 

Lmao 

Idiot 

except nobody is butthurt about something that happened 10 years ago.............people LAUGH at what happened 10 years ago.

You are BUTTHURT about what happened 4 days ago. LOL

Too bad you don't have a nickname on this forum that speaks to your intelligence. LOL

The idiots on ERA are losing their minds over this.  Epic is DIRTY for wanting to build up their store and curate good games only, and paying for them to be exclusive, and the devs are sleazebags who wont admit that they are doing it because they are greedy!  :cry: 

While they were whining about those 4 games, 300 games came out on Steam which nobody cares about and will fail.  :francis: 

I have no doubt Epic would love to do every single form of greedy shit that Valve would want to do.

But until that day comes, its competition in a retail sector that badly needs it.

I hope GoG makes some progress as well.  They need to do some things like giveaway copies of older Witcher games, and make Gwent free-to-play.

17 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The idiots on ERA are losing their minds over this.  Epic is DIRTY for wanting to build up their store and curate good games only, and paying for them to be exclusive, and the devs are sleazebags who wont admit that they are doing it because they are greedy!  :cry: 

While they were whining about those 4 games, 300 games came out on Steam which nobody cares about and will fail.  :francis: 

Yes, now they are pretending they wont buy Rage 2 as well because it isn't on Steam.

Just now, jehurey said:

I have no doubt Epic would love to do every single form of greedy shit that Valve would want to do.

But until that day comes, its competition in a retail sector that badly needs it.

I hope GoG makes some progress as well.  They need to do some things like giveaway copies of older Witcher games, and make Gwent free-to-play.

Valve is the darling in the eyes of many people... including myself.  I'd let them get away with a decent amount of shit before I'd actually care... because they've done a lot of good as well.  But you can bet your ass that Valve doesn't do shady shit because they haven't had a need to do shady shit in the PC sector.  A company like Epic has to bully their way in or else everyone will just keep using what they've been using for the past 15 years.. which is Steam.  You're right that Steam badly needs actual competition that isn't willing to just be a push over and allow whatever shit on their store that wants to release there.

There are valid criticisms though.. I mean, the client itself works fine, but there's quite a bit of functionality missing atm.  But that's another problem.. people put too much importance on the client-side shit and not enough on just enjoying the actual game themselves.  A lot of these motherfuckers just buy games to farm cards and sell them lmao.

I love Steam.. but Valve needs to wake the fuck up.  I'm interested in seeing how they respond if at all (or if they even need to)... Hopefully Epic funds some actual exclusives for PC that can't be found on consoles or anywhere else.  That's more of what PC needs than this "release on every storefront" shit, imo.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Yes, now they are pretending they wont buy Rage 2 as well because it isn't on Steam.

They are a touchy bunch.  I got a warning btw. lmao  Still surprised I wasn't banned.  I just wonder if the other guys I was arguing with got a warning too, or whether they both just reported me. :meh: 

Its literally just another few clicks. Not buying a game on because it isn't on Steam is fucking dumb. 

Id bet most of those people wouldn't be buying the games anyway.

These people at Era thing they have the ability to chance things like they are above shit.  The kind of people that review bomb on Meta. IRL losers. 

• Like 1