What did you get? What did you get?!

48 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

It was good enough for me to be honest. I just wanted reactions lol

What is sad is that my roommates' family that live here in the same city can't be bothered to visit them even a moment or to call them and say "Merry Christmas".

we don't do christmas presents either. well maybe sometimes but then it's not a surprise present but more of an agreement. food is the best

i didn't see my fam this year too. but i enjoyed it. 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got myself this.  

Lift up coffee table     New stereo with atmos support     65" OLED     powerplay mouse pad  

small random shit.  i don't like the gift part of xmas. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Casual said:

Got a bunch of stuff but the highlight was definitely scoring a sweet turntable. Gotta start building the collection now...must be disciplined. Luckily I got a bunch of classics from my dad...Led Zeppelin IV, Dark Side of the Moon, some Elton, Bob Dylan, etc. 

Need to find a good place to buy some in Canada. 

Ah fuck, I was gonna say, post-Christmas is the best time to buy vinyl because Amazon and Walmart engage in a price war. And its already happening now.

...but in the US. Zeppelin Mothership was fucking $16, and RHCP Greatest Hits was fucking $9.Downright stupefying.

You need to set up some rules over what vinyl you will buy. Or else it becomes an unhealthy habit. I avoid buying a record if it only has 1-2 songs that I like, but nothing else.

Foo Fighters greatest hits is selling for $10, and I don't think I am going to buy it because I just don't like enough of those songs. And then if you want to really get a nice setup, you need to think about a preamp and some decent speakers. Shit adds up, so pace yourself.

I asked for new teeth cleaning accessories, so I got a new Oral B electric toothbrush and a Waterpik flosser machine, I'm excited for that thing even though its going to take up alot of space around the bathroom sink.

Someone gave me a Duluth Trading Co. flannel jacket, and it doesn't really get all that cold here, but its got a nice inner fleece lining. Some vinyl record accessories like a storage crate and MoFi anti-static record sleeves. Some gift cards, a bluetooth shower speaker, and lots of candy.

Alot of the gifts I gave out I will eventually get to enjoy them. I gave my friend Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian, the 25th anniversary edition hardcover version, and a book called Endurance based on the story of Shackleton exploration crew.  I will want to read those books.  Also bought a board game called Pandemic Legacy Edition (Season 1), and I hear that is one of the best board games to have come out in recent years. I'll probably play it with friends this weekend.

Friend of mine asked me to return back last year's Christmas gift because it wasn't the right type of shoes for her, and she requested that maybe she could get some Alpine trekking clothing because she works as a volunteer first responder out in Oregon. So I bought her some really nice jacket and pants, really amazing how warm that stuff is, even though it is so thin, and allows for flexibility and venting, and doesn't allow water in. Made up for last year's gift.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I asked for new teeth cleaning accessories, so I got a new Oral B electric toothbrush and a Waterpik flosser machine, I'm excited for that thing even though its going to take up alot of space around the bathroom sink.

Someone gave me a Duluth Trading Co. flannel jacket, and it doesn't really get all that cold here, but its got a nice inner fleece lining. Some vinyl record accessories like a storage crate and MoFi anti-static record sleeves. Some gift cards, a bluetooth shower speaker, and lots of candy.

Alot of the gifts I gave out I will eventually get to enjoy them. I gave my friend Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian, the 25th anniversary edition hardcover version, and a book called Endurance based on the story of Shackleton exploration crew.  I will want to read those books.  Also bought a board game called Pandemic Legacy Edition (Season 1), and I hear that is one of the best board games to have come out in recent years. I'll probably play it with friends this weekend.

Friend of mine asked me to return back last year's Christmas gift because it wasn't the right type of shoes for her, and she requested that maybe she could get some Alpine trekking clothing because she works as a volunteer first responder out in Oregon. So I bought her some really nice jacket and pants, really amazing how warm that stuff is, even though it is so thin, and allows for flexibility and venting, and doesn't allow water in. Made up for last year's gift.

Wow you are lonely too. Thanks no body cares. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Ah fuck, I was gonna say, post-Christmas is the best time to buy vinyl because Amazon and Walmart engage in a price war. And its already happening now.

...but in the US. Zeppelin Mothership was fucking $16, and RHCP Greatest Hits was fucking $9.Downright stupefying.

You need to set up some rules over what vinyl you will buy. Or else it becomes an unhealthy habit. I avoid buying a record if it only has 1-2 songs that I like, but nothing else.

Foo Fighters greatest hits is selling for $10, and I don't think I am going to buy it because I just don't like enough of those songs. And then if you want to really get a nice setup, you need to think about a preamp and some decent speakers. Shit adds up, so pace yourself.

Yeah, need some rules for sure lol.  For now I'm basically sticking to things that I already enjoy listening to all the way through.  Helps that my dad has such a big collection, he's got me more or less covered on the classic rock side so I'm gonna start filling out the rap/metal stuff for now.

Grabbed Illmatic, The Score, The Chronic, Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous, GKMC, Slaughter of the Soul, and Master of Puppets today.

Kinda starved for room so that'll stop me from going too crazy on the gear for now. Got a Technics Receiver and a Sony sub/bookshelf speakers I had sitting around, doing the trick for now but once I'm in a spot with a dedicated man cave it's a wrap...

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

The waterpik flosser is legit. Makes flossing tolerable haha. 

I gotta pick up Blood Meridian! Heard good things and never read it. In the middle of Homo Deus though and my sister got me Fire and Blood for Christmas so those are gonna take me a while. Maybe I'll get Blood Meridian on kobo for my commute though.