Switch has now outsold ps4 and ps4 slim combined sales in Japan

Since the first week of December, the Switch has pushed the NOS button and has been outselling the PS4 by at least 200,000 units PER WEEK.

That is why it has closed the gap from about 1.2 million to 0.8 million.

I would imagine it continues doing that for the final week of december and closes it down to about 0.6 million. I'd say that it reaches PS4's lifetime cumulative Japan numbers by the end of March.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

If Switch has another 20 million Fiscal year for 2019 it will surpass XB1 WW :monkas:

We need to start taking bets on WHEN the Switch surpasses it in 2019, and Xbox officially becomes 3rd place.

I'm starting to think that it can get there by the end of September.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

erm, it's gaikokujin.  :lupe:

lol actually I don't know if I've ever been called a nasty rude gaijin. probably once or thrice.  

dont worry if they dont say it they at least think it :mj: 

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

A mainline Pokémon game sure won’t help drive hardware sales at all :ben:

People are seriously underestimating next year's lineup.  The main hardware pushers are Pokemon and Animal Crossing, both of which will sell hardware.  But on the side there's a healthy dose of exclusives that are peppered about for anyone to pick up.  Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem (if waifus are your thing :meh: ), SMTV, Travis Strikes Again (fuck you i like Suda51 :meh: ).

Lot of shit that I would love to have on a handheld: FF 7/9/X/X-2/XII/CC/Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, REmake and RE4.  Some good 3rd party multiplats peppered about with DOOM and Dragon Quest.  2019 is going to completely eclipse 2019 on Switch.

We're not even taking into account that Nintendo will announce first party games that will release within the same year.

It would not surprise me if there was another version of Zelda that Auonuma's team was working on. There will probably be 3DS games that will be moved over to Switch (Metroid Same Returns).

11 minutes ago, McWicked said:

People are seriously underestimating next year's lineup.  The main hardware pushers are Pokemon and Animal Crossing, both of which will sell hardware.  But on the side there's a healthy dose of exclusives that are peppered about for anyone to pick up.  Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem (if waifus are your thing :meh: ), SMTV, Travis Strikes Again (fuck you i like Suda51 :meh: ).

Lot of shit that I would love to have on a handheld: FF 7/9/X/X-2/XII/CC/Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, REmake and RE4.  Some good 3rd party multiplats peppered about with DOOM and Dragon Quest.  2019 is going to completely eclipse 2019 on Switch.

and a bunch of Resident Evil games including Re Remake HD :lawd:

There are also at least 13 announced exclusives for 2019. 

2019 will be the best year for Switch both sales wise and content wise. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and a bunch of Resident Evil games including Re Remake HD :lawd:

Was going to throw The Town out there, but no way Gamefreak ships a game in 2019 that they announced in July 2018.