MS going full discless next-gen?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they went gameless this gen, so it's the next logical step

Makes sense. Why woukd they need discs when they have no games?

No discs means lemmings have lost their only exclusive this gen: 4K Blu Rays 

Digital adaptation rate means nothing when you're more than 2x behind in user base when it comes to PS4/Xbox. If Xbox doesn't include a disc drive it just means it'll have a difficult time penetrating more markets. I'm not even worried about it and I'll still probably buy one.

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Digital adaptation rate means nothing when you're more than 2x behind in user base when it comes to PS4/Xbox. If Xbox doesn't include a disc drive it just means it'll have a difficult time penetrating more markets. I'm not even worried about it and I'll still probably buy one.

MS cares more about their service profits, and a bigger cut bypassing retail. 

It looks they are willing to take the hardware sales hit, for greater profit. Lmao @ XBox. Never buying such a piece of shit. 

Hope the brand fucking dies. What a cancerous mass. Its the same DRM shit all over again. 

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

MS cares more about their service profits, and a bigger cut bypassing retail. 

It looks they are willing to take the hardware sales hit, for greater profit. Lmao @ XBox. Never buying such a piece of shit. 

Hope the brand fucking dies. What a cancerous mass. Its the same DRM shit all over again. 

This isn't just Microsoft and the Xbox. Everyone is going through digital transformation in all industries. PlayStation will be right there too one day and maybe sooner than we think. I'm not a fan either, but there's not much I can do about it.

13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This isn't just Microsoft and the Xbox. Everyone is going through digital transformation in all industries. PlayStation will be right there too one day and maybe sooner than we think. I'm not a fan either, but there's not much I can do about it.

Asia as a whole is not a digital oriented market, and Europe is less digital than the US. This is pure MS bullshit policy, doesn't apply to Sony or Nintendo. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Asia as a whole is not a digital oriented market, and Europe is less digital than the US. This is pure MS bullshit policy, doesn't apply to Sony or Nintendo. 

Agreed. Which is why I said it would be more difficult for Microsoft to penetrate more markets. I think it's safe to say that Sony probably will be including a disc drive.

48 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Agreed. Which is why I said it would be more difficult for Microsoft to penetrate more markets. I think it's safe to say that Sony probably will be including a disc drive.

Matt basically hinted this is not the case for Sony. It's MS's bullshit leadership pushing the service crap, they'd probably prefer to forgo hardware all together and just stream services directly. 

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Matt basically hinted this is not the case for Sony. It's MS's bullshit leadership pushing the service crap, they'd probably prefer to forgo hardware all together and just stream services directly. 

Fuck it. Let them do their streaming service. It's literally going to be the worst of its kind. They're using Xbox One S to power it.

In an alternate timeline, I wouldn't take that as bad news.

But.......are you people aware of what's going on with the FCC right now?  People are dumping cable and relying on internet for their television services. FCC has gutted Net Neutrality, and infrastructure investment has gone down as a result (even though they promised the very opposite happening).

I expect the cable internet bill to offset the losses cable companies are having with people not buying their TV service. Net Neutrality means that ISPs are going to be fucking with the idea of tiered internet rates. They are going to go after streaming websites, and they are going to go after game downloading services.

I'm not going to buy a disc-less console.

23 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If it happens expect all the lemmings to damage control and take it in the ass. 

How would it be damage control if I'm the person they are targeting ? I have one pysical current gen game .

I think it's too soon for it but it will happen eventually. For Ms and Sony . I'd expect the mid gen refreshes to be discless

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

watch me play xbox games on my 1050. :pavarotti:

You can't lol not with 2gb vram

Anthem drops into the 20s at medium on a 1050ti and uses well over 3gb vram 

Maybe you can play indie games like Ori