How long do you think it will take to develop the Resident Evil 3: Remake?

18 months? They have basically all the framework they need, assets, a lot of the locations, they already have the ammo creation system,  X can easily be tweaked into Nemesis, they can reuse most of the same OST from 2 like they did with the original RE3 etc. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

18 months? They have basically all the framework they need, assets, a lot of the locations, they already have the ammo creation system,  X can easily be tweaked into Nemesis, they can reuse most of the same OST from 2 like they did with the original RE3 etc. 

You mother fucker... I remember saying this to you almost verbatim when saying why they would do RE3make before Code Veronica and you argued with me :D 

But yes, I'm fairly confident that they are already well into development.  While planning RE2, they would have also been considering and accounting for the sequel.  So much of the pre-planning stage was likely already done.  A lot of the assets from RE2 game can be tweaked and altered for RE3.  This could cut down dev time drastically.  I'm under the impression that they've already been building a lot of the assets for RE3 alongside those of RE2.

January is basically Capcom release month.. so I honestly think they could surprise us and it could be as early as Jan 2020.  (yes it sounds crazy.. but I'll say it)  Of course, there's always the possibility that Capcom is doing something like Dino Crisis (hopefully.. it would be amazing in this engine) or some other game for Jan 2020... but we have good word that RE3 is already in dev so..

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

You mother fucker... I remember saying this to you almost verbatim when saying why they would do RE3make before Code Veronica and you argued with me :D 

But yes, I'm fairly confident that they are already well into development.  While planning RE2, they would have also been considering and accounting for the sequel.  So much of the pre-planning stage was likely already done.  A lot of the assets from RE2 game can be tweaked and altered for RE3.  This could cut down dev time drastically.  I'm under the impression that they've already been building a lot of the assets for RE3 alongside those of RE2.

January is basically Capcom release month.. so I honestly think they could surprise us and it could be as early as Jan 2020.  (yes it sounds crazy.. but I'll say it)  Of course, there's always the possibility that Capcom is doing something like Dino Crisis (hopefully.. it would be amazing in this engine) or some other game for Jan 2020... but we have good word that RE3 is already in dev so..

I can see it being completed within a year but like Twin said maybe that is too soon, a bit of spacing would be good, I'd be fine with two years.

Also obligatory, if they release one of these for Mr. X I'm all over it. :whew:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

They aren't releasing 2 Remakes back to back so length of development isn't really the issue, it will be scheduling . Next to certain a RE8 will be out before any Remake 3 and who knows if Capcom have anything else up their sleeve (cough Dino Crisis cough).

But yeah, I'm not expecting REmake3 within the next 2 years.

13 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You are a slum gamer. 

5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

The Onimusha remaster could hint they are reviving the franchise. RE3 and Onimusha sound like a good current gen finale. 

I think onimusha is dead in the water.  Last I heard the warlords remaster didn’t do well. At best we might get some more remasters but an all new game seems highly unlikely.

Edited by Twinblade
3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What's wrong with wanting remakes of great games?

you want them to re-use the same shit, system, ammo creation system (so no new ideas), you said you're fine with the RE2 OST, AND you want it done in 18 months?

dude, like, you need everything explained. I get it. ya dumb. enjoy your trash.  I would rather wait 4 years for something great awesome and new. Maybe that makes me pretentious. I'm hoping it's a solid 3 years before the next one,

and honestly, fuck another REmake. Time for something new. Capcom should try something else entirely scary. You lack vision and creativity, and I have had to explain all the superfllaicities to you. Posh, be gone. 

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

you want them to re-use the same shit, system, ammo creation system (so no new ideas), you said you're fine with the RE2 OST, AND you want it done in 18 months?

dude, like, you need everything explained. I get it. ya dumb. enjoy your trash.  I would rather wait 4 years for something great awesome and new. Maybe that makes me pretentious. I'm hoping it's a solid 3 years before the next one,

and honestly, fuck another REmake. Time for something new. Capcom should try something else entirely scary. You lack vision and creativity, and I have had to explain all the superfllaicities to you. Posh, be gone. 

Are you legit retarded? I said 18-24 months because Resident Evil 3 largely takes place in the locations that Resident Evil 2 does, most of it is simply reworked with some additional locations. That means right now with Resident Evil 2 being done the development of Resident Evil 3 is theoretically already 50%-60% complete on the back of Resident Evil 2 alone.  It's not that I need something explained it seems more that you don't know what in the fuck you're talking about so what you're alluding to is confusing, and dumb. 

The ammo creation system is from Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 3 reuses a lot of Resident Evil 2's OST... I feel like I'm talking to a baby, why involve yourself in a talk that is so clearly beyond you? :cosby2:

It's not time for something new, something new birthed Resident Evil VII, and while a scary and good survival horror it's a pretty shit Resident Evil. It's like the last time Capcom re-envisioned Resident Evil before that with RE4, good action and thriller game but a shit survival horror and a shit Resident Evil game. If you want something else go play The Evil Within games, go play RE7, there's plenty of other things where experiments can/have been done. Clearly with the release of this game traditionalism is going to take hold, they finally understand after nearly 15 years what people actually want from Resident Evil.

Even if they made a brand new game expect it to be in the vein of RE2, this is what people want, this is what RE fans want and it's about damn time this franchise got back to its roots and retained its identity.. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1