OG Resident Evil 2 >>>>>> REmake 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Resident Evil 4 > Both  

the original was easy as fuck  you high, nigga? 

39 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Desperate thread for attention :pavarotti: 

Wait, you don't actually agree with that?

37 minutes ago, -GD- said:

no

/thread

You only say that because the original didn't have a retard difficulty mode (easy). Get fucked, GD.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yea, no.  RE2 Remake is definitely better than OG RE2.

Of course I'll always love the original, but it's not better.  There's certain little things that I wish they would have kept more closely in line with the original, but the RE2 Remake also has things that make up for it.

I understand people who have your point of view though.  It's cool.  I'm mostly just trolling you today. :face: 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You only say that because the original didn't have a retard difficulty mode (easy). Get fucked, GD.

the original was easy as fuck :D you high, nigga? 

• Like 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea, no.  RE2 Remake is definitely better than OG RE2.

Of course I'll always love the original, but it's not better.  There's certain little things that I wish they would have kept more closely in line with the original, but the RE2 Remake also has things that make up for it.

I understand people who have your point of view though.  It's cool.  I'm mostly just trolling you today. :face: 

Like what? Besides the obvious improvement in graphics fidelity. (yet I think the OG has way better atmosphere and tone thanks to it's music)

I dunno man, so far, I can't think of anything this game does better. From items management, level design, to the puzzles, the pacing, everything was better designed in the original game. And I'm not a big fan of TPS gameplay, although I can live with it too.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten that far yet. But all I keep thinking is how this doesn't match the joy I got from discovering the original game back when it first came out, not even close.

I think I even prefer RE7, at least that one was fresh, and the Baker family was scary as fuck the first time around. I haven't met the infamous Mr X yet though.

25 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Like what? Besides the obvious improvement in graphics fidelity. (yet I think the OG has way better atmosphere and tone thanks to it's music)

I dunno man, so far, I can't think of anything this game does better. From items management, level design, to the puzzles, the pacing, everything was better designed in the original game. And I'm not a big fan of TPS gameplay, although I can live with it too.

Keep in mind I haven't gotten that far yet. But all I keep thinking is how this doesn't match the joy I got from discovering the original game back when it first came out, not even close.

I think I even prefer RE7, at least that one was fresh, and the Baker family was scary as fuck the first time around. I haven't met the infamous Mr X yet though.

You mean you haven't even played through the fucking game yet? :|  (and the OG soundtrack is there as an option in the game if you truly want it..and can really add those feels to the specific rooms and areas)

The game does everything better imo ffs.  Item management?  A MILLION times better in remake... Being able to combine things much easier, small quality of life improvements.  The level design is also much better... wtf???  The police station is designed in such a way that you can usually loop around and avoid Mr.X but it takes planning and management, as well as remembering which rooms you left zombies in ect ect.  Some rooms are almost like for like, others are different enough that you truly don't know what to expect... plus some nice surprises..  The puzzles?  Eh... back in those days the completely batshit crazy designs of puzzles could be ignored because it wasn't trying to be realistic at all.  In the remake, while still outlandish in design, they make more sense within the environment than they did in the past.  The Zombies, as frustrating as they can be sometimes in the range of bullets it takes to put some of them down, are also a million times better.  They are less predictable and easy to maneuver around and they look fucking incredible with the ability to blow their flesh away and expose bones and shit.

Your problem I think is that you were expecting to have the joy and feeling like how you did all those years ago.. when you were young, not completely jaded as fuck, on the verge of hating games... and the fact that back then it was a new game and there were no pre-conceived bias as to what they game had to be..  That's no fault of the remake.. that's a part of the business and having played games your entire life.  

It's fine if you prefer RE7 because it was fresh.  That's completely valid.  For a lot of people RE2 remake was never going to live up to the original.. and for a lot of people this could be their first experience playing RE2.  It's a great new take on an old classic game... it's served it's purpose.  Just try to enjoy the game and not completely crucify it because it doesn't give you the feelings you had 21 years ago.. (think about that... 21 fucking years ago :| )

• Upvote 1

Yeah it never felt like it did 21 years ago when I initially played it, but that was the first ever l horror game I ever played; so the nostalgia could only ever touch what it first felt like.

But LOL if you think we needed the original camera angles, and enemies to the correct count and in the exact location...

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You mean you haven't even played through the fucking game yet? :|  (and the OG soundtrack is there as an option in the game if you truly want it..and can really add those feels to the specific rooms and areas)

The game does everything better imo ffs.  Item management?  A MILLION times better in remake... Being able to combine things much easier, small quality of life improvements.  The level design is also much better... wtf???  The police station is designed in such a way that you can usually loop around and avoid Mr.X but it takes planning and management, as well as remembering which rooms you left zombies in ect ect.  Some rooms are almost like for like, others are different enough that you truly don't know what to expect... plus some nice surprises..  The puzzles?  Eh... back in those days the completely batshit crazy designs of puzzles could be ignored because it wasn't trying to be realistic at all.  In the remake, while still outlandish in design, they make more sense within the environment than they did in the past.  The Zombies, as frustrating as they can be sometimes in the range of bullets it takes to put some of them down, are also a million times better.  They are less predictable and easy to maneuver around and they look fucking incredible with the ability to blow their flesh away and expose bones and shit.

Your problem I think is that you were expecting to have the joy and feeling like how you did all those years ago.. when you were young, not completely jaded as fuck, on the verge of hating games... and the fact that back then it was a new game and there were no pre-conceived bias as to what they game had to be..  That's no fault of the remake.. that's a part of the business and having played games your entire life.  

It's fine if you prefer RE7 because it was fresh.  That's completely valid.  For a lot of people RE2 remake was never going to live up to the original.. and for a lot of people this could be their first experience playing RE2.  It's a great new take on an old classic game... it's served it's purpose.  Just try to enjoy the game and not completely crucify it because it doesn't give you the feelings you had 21 years ago.. (think about that... 21 fucking years ago :| )

No I haven't, which is why I specify it, these are my early impressions. Not like they are set in stone yet but I doubt that will change.

Items management is almost too easy, I can take everything with me no problem. Yeah I can see how this makes sense trying to avoid Mr X though.

Puzzles are annoying, it's mostly a bunch of bullshit passwords you find in documents, forcing you to backtrack. They various keys to open doors are fine and typical RE business. Might as well look the passwords up on the internet and not bother though.

If I had never played the original RE2, I would just think less of this series. The story and tone are not grabbing me at all. Weirdly enough.