NPD Jan 2018 Hardware Results - "X gonna give it to ya"

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how does xbox one compare to og xbox at this point of the cycle?   Xbox 2005 vs Xbox One 2018     meanwhile...   PS2 2005 vs PS4 2018   ps

First of all I love how quickly NPD or sales threads in general change topic lol.   Secondly, my favourite kind of hypocrite is someone who loves graphics enough that the Pro is a piece of s

Vini needs this after the rape he got itt http://rapecrisis.com/

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Genuinely would not surprise me if their ports of NSMB U and Super Luigi U combined together would sell very well, and Smash Bros continues to sell well into March/April.

Tetris 99 may be their biggest killer app for Switch Online, it may actually end up being a killer app for people to pick up more Switches.

And, uh.......there's this game releasing later this year called Pokemon, and its not a spinoff its a main series game. Pretty sure the Switch will do well.

Pokemon, sure, but that's the only thing that will bump sales and it has no confirmation/release date. Tetris might sell with the already existing userbase but I doubt it's going to move hardware to new consumers, it's just Tetris.

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

any day now :mj2:

I'm not making any lavish claims like ''falling off a cliff'' but this year line-up so far is generally much weaker than the previous two years. There's no killer-app in sight. 

I think Switch will continue to sell based on it's already good selection of games plus the premise of a hybrid portable console but chances are sales will drop/slow down. Right now you're just seeing the continued long legs of Smash driving up sales. And with the delay of Metroid, no release date for Pokemon, I just can't see it. Unless Switch can magically sell with no games.

Just now, Ramza said:

Pokemon, sure, but that's the only thing that will bump sales and it has no confirmation/release date. Tetris might sell with the already existing userbase but I doubt it's going to move hardware to new consumers, it's just Tetris.

I'm not making any lavish claims like ''falling off a cliff'' but this year line-up so far is generally much weaker than the previous two years. There's no killer-app in sight. 

I think Switch will continue to sell based on it's already good selection of games plus the premise of a hybrid portable console but chances are sales will drop/slow down. Right now you're just seeing the continued long legs of Smash driving up sales. And with the delay of Metroid, no release date for Pokemon, I just can't see it. Unless Switch can magically sell with no games.

With no games?  Previously releases don't magically disappear. New owners who purchase the system did so for the current library of games as well as future games. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

With no games?  Previously releases don't magically disappear. New owners who purchase the system did so for the current library of games as well as future games. 

I already said it has a good selection of games, that doesn't change the fact that new killer-app needs to come out to pick up the slack. Nothing can keep high sales forever.

Even with shitty exclusives X1X is still the best console to own. Since spider man came out I've played better versions of RDR2, RE2, AC: origins and now Metro in Native 4k

PS4 is overrated as fuck. One great single player game every 2 fuckin years, give me a break. PS2 was cranking out games left and right at this point of the cycle. PS4 pro's price point was a mistake. 

Both companies need to get their shit together. 

Edited by Vini